U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 03:08 PM

5,761 posts, read 2,185,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We are in the enigmatic position of being a spiritual product (Consciousness) of a physical process. What makes it more puzzling is that we are aware only of the physicality of our existence through our senses. It requires that we learn to withdraw from those senses to detect the true nature of our being. Your situation is very typical regarding any after life . . . especially when so much is known about physical reality and virtually nothing is known about our spiritual reality. Nevertheless . . . one physical reality is probative . . . energy cannot be destroyed only transformed. Consciousness is pure energy and is therefore eternal . . . whether or not we realize it, Pleroo.

<snip>

What you say about this life being enriched is undeniable, Kat . . . but what you say about our rebirth as Spirit is not. It may be difficult to imagine or even contemplate the duration and content of the next stage . . . but that there will be one is virtually assured by Physics.
I hear you, Mystic. Sometimes I think you must be right. Mostly, I just can't quite wrap my head around it, though, for various reasons. Because it overwhelms me, and because I'm unsure, I focus more on what I am certain of -- Love -- and trust that the same thing/One that saves now, saves in the afterlife, if there is one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 03:10 PM

6,805 posts, read 4,822,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post

What you say about this life being enriched is undeniable, Kat . . . but what you say about our rebirth as Spirit is not. It may be difficult to imagine or even contemplate the duration and content of the next stage . . . but that there will be one is virtually assured by Physics.
I'm just saying that proving god exists is easier than proving any conscious afterlife exists. Physics tells us that our energy goes somewhere when we die but if can't say where.. Or whether we are aware after death.

I think we got sidetracked.. Would make for a good thread tho...IMO

Old 07-09-2011, 03:13 PM

5,761 posts, read 2,185,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
We may know later but thinking on an unknown is not gonna help in living the here n now, is what I meant.. Agnostically speaking.
Heh. If I'd read this before posting to Mystic, I'd have just ditto'ed you. I'll never stop wondering about the unknown, but I also know that, for me, it sometimes can become distracting and very unhelpful to dwell on it too much.

Old 07-09-2011, 03:18 PM

4,116 posts, read 2,282,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
We may know later but thinking on an unknown is not gonna help in living the here n now, is what I meant.. Agnostically speaking.
Ok, I know what you mean.. and maybe I am just taking you too literally. But, I have the opposite view. lol.
Ya can't know something if you don't ponder and think about what is currently unknown. Some things may end up still being "unknown" to us even after all of the thinking/pondering/meditating/tearing apart and putting back together, etc., but how ya ever going to find that out unless you think and ponder and try to seek it out and meditate etc. in the first place?

edit: I meant to add about the "not gonna help in the here and now", for me, some things being shifted to the "know" status from the "not knowing and will probably never know" status... certain things have made a huge difference to me, personally in my life that affected my outlook, peace in my heart and my actions for the better.

Sometimes you can be suprised at just how strongly you think something is in the "uknown and just can't be known" that can be slowly transitioned further into the "known" status. A lot further.

Now with all this "known" and "unknown" stuff, I am absolutely taking into account that pehaps everything we think is wrong, and that this earth is maybe, in reality, some sort of science experiment that some alien kid forgot about in the back of his closet and we're totally mutating and getting all out of control. LOL!

Hope that made sense.
Peace..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity