Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 07:16 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times

Advertisements

Is this our experience ?. Is this really what Christianity is offering to the world ?.

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I AM gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matt 11:28,29.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 07:24 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Is this our experience ?. Is this really what Christianity is offering to the world ?.

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I AM gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matt 11:28,29.
No this is not our "experience".......at least not for the majority of Christians. It IS what Christianity offers, but because of the doctrines of man most never come into "his rest".

Old 07-04-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
No this is not our "experience".......at least not for the majority of Christians. It IS what Christianity offers, but because of the doctrines of man most never come into "his rest".
Well Illene if the yoke that christianity is yoking onto the world is love i agree with you. There's something about abiding in His love that is not burdensome.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:04 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times
Quote:
Well Illene if the yoke that christianity is yoking onto the world is love i agree with you. There's something about abiding in His love that is not burdensome.
Yes "Christ-ianity" offers the yoke of love because that's what God is. How many takers are there though? I was not a taker for 40+ years, that's a long time to claim to know God but you really don't.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:11 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
One of the unpaid Paster in our Church last Sunday morning had a vision from the Lord ......``in this vision there were many sheep in a field all going around in different direction, then there was a Shepard for the Sheep standing alone way off to the side ``..... The interpretation was unbelief which blocked the authority over wolves or dark spirits, so the Shepard who offered many promises and gifts to bless and help his Sheep stood off being robbed.......See The Lord yoke is easy and His burden is light, but the burden and yoke of the world and the dark spirit of this World is hard which can harden the heart ....... So how do we find the light burden of the Lord and His easy yoke? ..... We must need to Love the Lord and to know that He loves us with faith, ...We need to stay clean of all dark spirits through the authority of His blood . ... We need to sow charity because He promised to bless us more than we can bless to resist selfishness.... We need to resist sin and legalism of His Word to sow honor for Him and His Words ..... We must learn to hear his voice and be lead in the Spirit of the Lord ......Then His yoke will be easy and a breeze and His burden will be light.... Glory to God......

Old 07-04-2011, 05:22 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Default Rest for your souls

Paul, I agree, these are some of the most beautiful words ever uttered from Jesus' lips:

Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. - Matthew 11:28-29

Sea of Galilee at sunset . . .

Old 07-04-2011, 06:21 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,983,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
One of the unpaid Paster in our Church last Sunday morning had a vision from the Lord ......``in this vision there were many sheep in a field all going around in different direction, then there was a Shepard for the Sheep standing alone way off to the side ``..... The interpretation was unbelief which blocked the authority over wolves or dark spirits, so the Shepard who offered many promises and gifts to bless and help his Sheep stood off being robbed.......See The Lord yoke is easy and His burden is light, but the burden and yoke of the world and the dark spirit of this World is hard which can harden the heart ....... So how do we find the light burden of the Lord and His easy yoke? ..... We must need to Love the Lord and to know that He loves us with faith, ...We need to stay clean of all dark spirits through the authority of His blood . ... We need to sow charity because He promised to bless us more than we can bless to resist selfishness.... We need to resist sin and legalism of His Word to sow honor for Him and His Words ..... We must learn to hear his voice and be lead in the Spirit of the Lord ......Then His yoke will be easy and a breeze and His burden will be light.... Glory to God......
...somebody better take the peyote buttons away from that pastor.....

Old 07-04-2011, 06:24 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:

Yes, it is indeed. Jesus delivers peace, rest, joy and love to those who accept it.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:32 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,127,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Yes "Christ-ianity" offers the yoke of love because that's what God is. How many takers are there though? I was not a taker for 40+ years, that's a long time to claim to know God but you really don't.
40 years in the desert?

Old 07-04-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
40 years in the desert?
Hey Lego hope your well.Thankfully God is patient and long suffering in bringing the worst of the fundies(i'm the chief of them) through it into the glorious liberty of the sons of God.

ps

I'm still in that desert being humbled by who Christ IS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity