Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 04:56 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Finn i did not run from the light when i first believed, because the Jesus that was made known to me was not the Jesus of fundamentalism,so there was no need to run.

Finn debating with you is wearisome,because you twist everything that is being said.

Read my lips the world would come to the light if they new the true light(the real Jesus),unfortunately fundamentalism as portrayed A God who is vengeful and hates sin and sinners and this is why they run from God and who can blame them. Like i have already said to you go and tell them God is not counting their sin against them(like 2Cor 5:19 tells you to),this is the good news and the good news the world needs to hear and they will come.
So you did not run. Ok, we can erase your claim that everyone runs when they hear the message of Gospel, thinking if their deeds are exposed they are toast. Let's say it was a slip of the tongue. After all, I have never even heard of such teaching that you are toast if your if your deeds are exposed, or that God hates sinners. Who told you that? I am beginning to understand your confusion. You got it all wrong. Christianity teaches the opposite. You are SAVED, not toast, and your sins are not counted against you if you believe. 2 Cor 5 talks about believers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 05:08 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So you did not run. Ok, we can erase your claim that everyone runs when they hear the message of Gospel, thinking if their deeds are exposed they are toast. Let's say it was a slip of the tongue. After all, I have never even heard of such teaching that you are toast if your if your deeds are exposed, or that God hates sinners. Who told you that? I am beginning to understand your confusion. You got it all wrong. Christianity teaches the opposite. You are SAVED, not toast, and your sins are not counted against you if you believe. 2 Cor 5 talks about believers.
Finn you are so mischievous, you know perfectly well i have been saying all along and clearly at that. that the reason folk will not come,but run, is because of the God(the bible bashing vengeful sin and sinner hating god) fundamentalist portrays,you might find this hard to believe,but God is drawing people to himself through his grace,love and mercy(John 6:44),these people have no need to run from this Jesus,they come even though their deeds are exposed because Jesus Christ does not condemn them for it,neither does he condemn them into believing. If you only knew the grace and love of God, you would understand this.

2 Cor 5 is talking about the world too............ God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself,not counting the sin of the people against them.2 Cor 5:19.

The scriptures are not owned by Christianity, they testify of Jesus Christ John 5:39, and are for whosoever.

Last edited by pcamps; 07-05-2011 at 05:19 PM..

Old 07-05-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
What some fail to realize is that although there are verses that talk about Jesus being all lovey-dovey, there are also verses in which he is quite unloving and hateful. That is why it is so difficult for you guys to agree as to the nature of Jesus, because the Gospels themselves paint very different views of him.

Here are some of the verses that show Christ teaching intolerance and abandoning one's family:
Tell me how Jesus Christ could be mistaken as being unloving and hateful ?, you do know He said I AM gentle and humble in heart.

If you are talking about him rebuking the jewish church system for portaying God in a bad light, it's in love he was rebuking them.

In respect to him being intolerant the scripture says the opposite

Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance? Rom 2:4

If you are not realizing this, this scripture is for you.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Finn you are so mischievous, you know perfectly well i have been saying all along and clearly at that. that the reason folk will not come,but run, is because of the God(the bible bashing vengeful sin and sinner hating god) fundamentalist portrays,you might find this hard to believe ,but God is drawing people to himself through his grace,love and mercy(John 6:44),these people have no need to run from this Jesus,they come even though their deeds are exposed because Jesus Christ does not condemn them for it,neither does he condemn them into believing. If you only knew the grace and love of God, you would understand this.

2 Cor 5 is talking about the world too............ God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself,not counting the sin of the people against them.2 Cor 5:19.

The scriptures are not owned by Christianity, they testify of Jesus Christ John 5:39, and are for whosever.
I find it hard to believe, because you are not being honest about what 'fundamentalists' teach. Your contempt for them has pushed you to a point where you have to misrepresent their teachings in order to make them look bad.

You say everyone runs away, but your own testimony proves your claim false. I have seen hundreds, or thousands of people come to Christ in those very 'fundamentalist' churches you have chosen to go to war against.

Also, no one here has said the God does not draw people, so you might as well stop pretending that someone has made such claim. Christ is light and God calls/draws people, but clearly many people ignore the calling and choose to stay in darkness.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
I find it hard to believe, because you are not being honest about what 'fundamentalists' teach. Your contempt for them has pushed you to a point where you have to misrepresent their teachings in order to make them look bad
Finn this is the problem most who you disagree with have with you.

Remember i was once a former fundamentalist and believed exactly the same as you,believe me i am not making this up, or misrepresenting anything.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Finn this is the problem most who you disagree with have with you. Remember i was once a former fundamentalist and believed exactly the same as you,believe me i am not making this up, or misrepresenting anything.
If you believed (as a fundamentalist) what you write about them here, then it is nowhere near to what I believe. You are misrepresenting them. I don't know what church you went to, but if they taught you things such as "sinner hating god", then it was not a Christian church, and there is a good chance you have no clue what Christian churches even teach.

Have a nice evening.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
If you believed (as a fundamentalist) what you write about them here, then it is nowhere near to what I believe. You are misrepresenting them. I don't know what church you went to, but if they taught you things such as "sinner hating god", then it was not a Christian church, and there is a good chance you have no clue what Christian churches even teach.

Have a nice evening.
I believed exactly the same as you, that God is counting the sinners sin against him,i believed in eternal torment like you do, i believed for a short while that i chose God(like you do),what you believe i can guarantee you, i believed likewise.How do i know this ? most fundy's believe the same apart from the end time ministries,plus you share on here what you believe.

God is for the sinner, you need to get over it or accept it.He's drawing them to himself,whether you can see it or not,or whether you can accept it or not.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
I believed exactly the same as you, that God is counting the sinners sin against him,i believed in eternal torment like you do, i believed for a short while that i chose God(like you do),what you believe i can guarantee you, i believed likewise.How do i know this ? most fundy's believe the same apart from the end time ministries,plus you share on here what you believe.

God is for the sinner, you need to get over it or accept it.He's drawing them to himself,whether you can see it or not,or whether you can accept it or not.
Again, if you believed (as a fundamentalist) what you write about them here, then it is nowhere near to what I believe. Have a nice evening.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Again, if you believed (as a fundamentalist) what you write about them here, then it is nowhere near to what I believe. Have a nice evening.
Do you believe God loves sinners ?

Old 07-05-2011, 06:16 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,339,984 times
Et vs Ur. Ur vs ET etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc........

Oiy Vey!

As a disordered human, who can't possibly explain Perfect Justice....,

I am neither fundamentally UR or ET.

I have no dog in this fight.

Just wish I was not constantly distracted by it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity