Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2011, 04:56 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,311 times

Advertisements

Greeting
We read in Psalms 14:2-3 (NKJV) The Lord looks down from heaven upon the children of men, To see if there are any who understand, who seek God.
They have all turned aside, They have together become corrupt; There is none who does good, No, not one.
Gen 6:3 And the Lord said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh;
Gen 6:6 And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.
Gen 6:11-12 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
So God looked upon the earth, and indeed it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth.

BUT!!!

Prov 16:17-18 The highway of the upright is to depart from evil; He who keeps his way preserves his soul.
Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall.
Prov 16:21-25 The wise in heart will be called prudent, And sweetness of the lips increases learning.
Understanding is a wellspring of life to him who has it. But the correction of fools is folly.
The heart of the wise teaches his mouth, And adds learning to his lips.
Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, Sweetness to the soul and health to the bones.
There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.

Psalms 64:10 The righteous shall be glad in the Lord, and trust in Him. And all the upright in heart shall glory.
Psalms 36:9-10 For with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light.
Oh, continue Your loving-kindness’ to those who know You, And Your righteousness to the upright in heart.
1 Kings 3:6 "You have shown great mercy to Your servant David my father, because he walked before You in truth, in righteousness, and in uprightness of heart with You; You have continued this great kindness for him, and You have given him a son to sit on his throne, as it is this day.

Psalms 7:1 O Lord my God, in You I put my trust; Save me from all those who persecute me; And deliver me,
Lam 5:1 Remember, O Lord, what has come upon us; Look, and behold our reproach!
Psalms 3:3-4 But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts up my head.
I cried to the Lord with my voice, And He heard me from His holy hill.

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 07-16-2011 at 04:58 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity