Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 01:10 AM

5,965 posts, read 6,980,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I do not adhere to rapture doctrines, I believe that when God returns, that he will grab up his church into the air, perform their change there, and bring them right down with him.

Peace.
Hi Mickiel, (Are you the same Mickel who used to post on Tentmaker?)

I think of the resurrection similarly as what you describe -- New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven. Leave it to the God of all paradoxes to have a coming down and going up going on simultaneously
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 01:10 AM

910 posts, read 1,331,892 times
Quote:
Well only those dead will need ressurection, not to be confused with being born again, yes. Concerning the ressurection though, it is of intrest that God will ressurect humans in their dead bodies, and then change them. Why not ressurect them already in their new bodies? Theres something about that which is interesting.

Peace.
When you resurrect God gives you a new body, not your old body. 1st Corinthians 15 dealt a lot with death and ressurection, you should have a read. Christ had a new body, that was why he was not recognized until he spoke. When he comes back the 2nd time, he will have a new name.

By the way do you think you will know him? many of us blame the Jews for crucifying him, but are we sure we will know him in his 2nd advent? The Bible tells me that many of us will deny him. That is why when he is revealed, all the kindred of thne world will mourn because of him.

Old 07-21-2011, 02:15 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,145,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I have read them and find "he" specifically rejects the Biblical revelation of Jesus Christ. It seems odd to me that if he's the same Jesus, he'd reject himself.
If people have the wrong conception of you, what do you do about it? Do you just let them believe as they do, or do you set the record straight? Well, Jesus doesn't deny that he is the Biblical Jesus, only that many things that are written in the Bible are a fabrication... they came from the minds of men, who didn't know who Jesus really was or what his teachings were.

As I said before, the Bible was written 150 years after his passing into the spirit world. With the passage of time, Jesus' teachings were lost. So he found someone who he could use to set the record straight. This man, James E. Padgett, believed that Jesus was God. But he was told the truth that, in fact, Jesus isn't God or the third part of the Trinity.

The beauty of Jesus' messages is that they dispel the so-called mysteries of the Bible and reveal the truth about God, the Holy Spirit, Jesus' life on earth.. etc. He explains his parables and what he meant by them. Jesus' coming in this way, through channeled messages, is his second coming. So if you're expecting the rapture... well, relax, 'cause it just isn't going to happen. Blessings.

Jesus Selects James E. Padgett (http://tinyurl.com/3kdssys - broken link)

Old 07-21-2011, 04:39 AM

76,949 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Yes, I did. Why?
Well, you bring it up, and then you don't want to talk about it. Women.....

Old 07-21-2011, 05:43 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,145,619 times
Quote:
Well in my understanding, a soul is a body, as in " The soul that sins, it shall die." But I understand that some view the soul, as the Spirit in man. I view the Spirit a bit differently, as I do being born again or being " Divine." I am of the view that the new birth, is simply that, a total transformation from flesh to a Spirit form. Jesus said to Nicodemus in John 3: 3-8, unless one is born of the Spirit, they cannot even view the Kingdom of God, can't even see it with their eyes. He said you can't even enter Gods Kingdom, unless your Born again.

In vs. 6 he complettly seperates the human body from this Spiritual form saying, that which is born of flesh, well obviously its flesh; that which is born of Spirit, well obviously is now a total Spirit being. In vs. 8 Christ literally teachs that those born again are not visable to the human eye.

In my study of scripture, being born again is NOT what many are saying that it is. Because if people teach what it really is, their going to have to backtrack and stop claiming that they are. Something their pride won't allow them to do.

Peace.
Each of us is composed of three elements: a physical body, a spirit body and a soul. Our soul is encased in our spirit body, which is inside our physical body. At the time of death, the spirit body and soul is released from the physical body and it transitions to the spirit world. Our spirit body is the exact replica of our physical body... arms, legs, head, hands, feet, hair, teeth... everything except a bony skeleton and organs. We are as alive as we are on this earth.

Our soul is invisible, but our spirit body isn't. However, the condition of our soul is, whether it is clean and pure because of our love nature, or whether it is dark and filthy from sin.

To become Born Again, means the removal of darkness and filth from our souls and totally purified with the very essence of God, His Divine Love. Unless we have been totally transformed in this way, we cannot enter into the Kingdom of God. And keep in mind, that currently all of God's children have this privilege available to them... even the ones in Hell.

Yep, there will be a lot of backtracking... the reality is that it is so simple, but getting rid of false beliefs isn't an easy task. I posted this is another thread:

Romans 5:5 - And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

This is all we need for the New Birth... to be Born Again. God bless you.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:43 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,579,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Be careful about your interpretation of
a) caught up
b) air

These words do not mean what most people think they do

Well I am interested in how you explain these terms.

Peace.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Hi Mickiel, (Are you the same Mickel who used to post on Tentmaker?)

I think of the resurrection similarly as what you describe -- New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven. Leave it to the God of all paradoxes to have a coming down and going up going on simultaneously

Greetings, yes I am, I used to post there for years. It was a helpful experience, I think an informative place.

Peace.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Each of us is composed of three elements: a physical body, a spirit body and a soul. Our soul is encased in our spirit body, which is inside our physical body. At the time of death, the spirit body and soul is released from the physical body and it transitions to the spirit world. Our spirit body is the exact replica of our physical body... arms, legs, head, hands, feet, hair, teeth... everything except a bony skeleton and organs. We are as alive as we are on this earth.

Our soul is invisible, but our spirit body isn't. However, the condition of our soul is, whether it is clean and pure because of our love nature, or whether it is dark and filthy from sin.

To become Born Again, means the removal of darkness and filth from our souls and totally purified with the very essence of God, His Divine Love. Unless we have been totally transformed in this way, we cannot enter into the Kingdom of God. And keep in mind, that currently all of God's children have this privilege available to them... even the ones in Hell.

Yep, there will be a lot of backtracking... the reality is that it is so simple, but getting rid of false beliefs isn't an easy task. I posted this is another thread:

Romans 5:5 - And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

This is all we need for the New Birth... to be Born Again. God bless you.

Interesting. I truly hope my understanding of being " Born Again" increases; I need that. Still just unclear on it.

Peace.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:28 AM

5,965 posts, read 6,980,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Oh, wanted to respond to this ... the NT says that one can either walk in the flesh or walk in the sprit. To me, this is not because the spirit is coming and going, but because we, essentially, have 2 natures: flesh/spirit or old man/new man, the old Adam/the mind of Christ. It's a matter of which nature we're going to "obey" in any given moment, I think.
Obviously so. This is why babes in Christ are commonly worried that the Spirit of God has left them or that maybe they were not "really saved" or lost their salvation, etc...
The scriptures are clear about two natures being bound together until the harvest. Problem is that the carnal minded man thinks the "evil" one is always someone other than himself and is always trying to separate himself from those he/she perceives as being "unsaved" rather than realizing that God has already reconciled the people of the world/nations unto himself.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:27 AM

17,156 posts, read 11,306,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Obviously so. This is why babes in Christ are commonly worried that the Spirit of God has left them or that maybe they were not "really saved" or lost their salvation, etc...
The scriptures are clear about two natures being bound together until the harvest. Problem is that the carnal minded man thinks the "evil" one is always someone other than himself and is always trying to separate himself from those he/she perceives as being "unsaved" rather than realizing that God has already reconciled the people of the world/nations unto himself.
Thanks Heartsong. You explained that nicely.

It seems to me that this promise of God's Spirit being with/in us, at work, enlightening, overcoming, comforting, producing fruit and never leaving us is such a vital part of the Good News for all. Without that, the message of Christianity just becomes another "works righteousness" religion. But with it, one realizes that salvation is all of God -- that's why it's a sure thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity