Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2011, 12:52 AM

380 posts, read 1,228,416 times

Advertisements

Im a fairley new believer, im juggling 2 jobs and wanting to quit one. I want to quit one to read my bible more. visit nursing homes more and spreading the word more. If I quit my job I would have $550 left over for the month, Instead of my $1000 that im use to have.

Im so greedy... but I need to trust the lord more with more passion and just completley putting all my faith in him. I love him with all my heart and im starting to pray more. has anyone ever been in a similar situation? if so your input is much needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 02:51 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,354,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerschris View Post
Im a fairley new believer, im juggling 2 jobs and wanting to quit one. I want to quit one to read my bible more. visit nursing homes more and spreading the word more. If I quit my job I would have $550 left over for the month, Instead of my $1000 that im use to have.

Im so greedy... but I need to trust the lord more with more passion and just completley putting all my faith in him. I love him with all my heart and im starting to pray more. has anyone ever been in a similar situation? if so your input is much needed.
Hi Jamerschris,
as you probably already know, the Lord has always kept you in His hands. Now that you are aware of it, you are able to thank Him for it, and you will find that you will be blessed as you move ahead. Thankfulness is one of the most noble traits, imo.

My only suggestion would be to try to avoid any hasty decisions. If you can, keep the two jobs for the moment, and see what happens. There may be new doors about to open up just ahead.

Although easier said than done, I've noticed in my own life, that making important changes in haste is not always wise.

Blessings to you!
brian

Old 07-25-2011, 01:32 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,129,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerschris View Post

Before you quit your job, make sure it's not just your zeal and impulsive wishing that's doing the thinking. Make sure it's what your God wants for sure. Many people do things thinking that it was what God wanted them to do. But it wasn't. Find out FOR SURE that this is what God wants before jumping the gun. If I were you, I would talk to God and to ask for sure signs which would tell me that I am not making a mistake.

Trusting God is a good thing. But doing something damn, while THINKING that this is you trusting him, is not so wise.

Trusting him AND doing what HE wants, rather than what your impulsive thinking tells you, would be wiser.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:27 AM

13,513 posts, read 19,237,203 times
Just be sure you have the money you know you'll need to live on, cause god won't help you there.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:59 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,947,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Just be sure you have the money you know you'll need to live on, cause god won't help you there.
I disagree. If it is really what God wants him to do, then God will provide for his needs too.

Which is the rub, and makes the advice in this thread very valuable. Read, pray, and look for signs that quitting and doing other things IS what God wants you to do. Don't make a hasty decision because YOU are trying to please God with these actions through your own ability and decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity