Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2011, 05:12 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,385,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
I'm glad God will forgive me, because I shall probably die believing that God did create evil (Isaiah 45:7) "I create evil"

Strongs #7451 "ra" bad - natural and moral evil, including calamity and wickedness

IMO God created every kind of evil.

7I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Roger the word create had the original meaning of to separate or divide (even though our Jewish friend here will tell you otherwise) this accounts for the definitions of cut down or cut out.

So put that definition in the scripture brother for a whole new understanding.

I form light and cut down darkness; I make peace, and cut down evil; I the Lord do all these things.

David said create in me a clean heart.

This creation of a clean heart is done by way of circumcision, the cutting away of the foreskin of the heart.

Brother the translators could not understand how cut down or cut out could explain bara and is the reason you will not find it translated that way in any bibles. However, when one looks at the scripture for bara it can easily be seen bara does have to do with division by way of cutting down or cutting out.

Light cuts down darkness brother and peace cuts down natural and moral evil, including calamity and wickedness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 05:48 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,406,300 times
Exclamation My God is equally responsible for both good and evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
7I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Roger the word create had the original meaning of to separate or divide (even though our Jewish friend here will tell you otherwise) this accounts for the definitions of cut down or cut out.

So put that definition in the scripture brother for a whole new understanding.

I form light and cut down darkness; I make peace, and cut down evil; I the Lord do all these things.

David said create in me a clean heart.

This creation of a clean heart is done by way of circumcision, the cutting away of the foreskin of the heart.

Brother the translators could not understand how cut down or cut out could explain bara and is the reason you will not find it translated that way in any bibles. However, when one looks at the scripture for bara it can easily be seen bara does have to do with division by way of cutting down or cutting out.

Light cuts down darkness brother and peace cuts down natural and moral evil, including calamity and wickedness.
I can't think of a better response than to repeat what I said before.

My God is equally responsible for both good and evil.
The introduction of evil into creation was His idea.
When all of the reasons why He allowed evil to prevail have been achieved, God will eradicate it out of existence.

Without the contrast of evil, we could never have known what good is. IMO that is why the temporary prevalence of evil is a necessity ordained by God.

Through the interplay of good and evil God will achieve far more glorious results for everyone than if He had not let evil temporarily prevail. He won't just do a "patch-up job" and bring things back to the way they were before the fall.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:12 AM

Quote:
I can't think of a better response than to repeat what I said before.

My God is equally responsible for both good and evil.
The introduction of evil into creation was His idea.
When all of the reasons why He allowed evil to prevail have been achieved, God will eradicate it out of existence.

Without the contrast of evil, we could never have known what good is. IMO that is why the temporary prevalence of evil is a necessity ordained by God.

Through the interplay of good and evil God will achieve far more glorious results for everyone than if He had not let evil temporarily prevail. He won't just do a "patch-up job" and bring things back to the way they were before the fall.
And I'll beleive OUR God when He said everything He created was GOOD.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:08 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,616 times
Quote:
Bob I don't really have a problem with that understanding, God reasons with us and His reasoning is flawless, but we make the choice if we will follow the flawless reasoning or reject it.

However this is only half the issue here Bob, the other half (the one I most disagree with) is some here beleive that it was Gods will that people perish, that God needs evil to show forth His love.

Brother I know that you use to beleive God planned for man to eat from the tree do you still hold to that view?
Yes Scott I do. I wouldn't go so far as to say God "needs" evil... but I do read that there is no greater love than for a person to lay down his life for his friends and Christ referred to his crucifixion, the time he would lay down His life, as "His glory". So it stands to reason that if God wanted to show forth that kind of unique love and to show His glory... it would require exactly what unfolded.
Also the divine attributes of mercy & forgiveness to be shown would required someone to forgive and be merciful toward. Also, at least as of the time after man sinned, scripture explicitly states that this was God's plan for Christ to die. So the notion that God never makes a plan involving the use evil is not right.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:50 AM

Default God's plan to introduce evil into His creation was good

Quote:
And I'll believe OUR God when He said everything He created was GOOD.
Everything that God created was good alright, including His eonian plan (which He created) to introduce evil into His creation for the purpose of achieving far more glorious ends than if He had not allowed the serpent to be the strongest influence in the life of Adam and Eve.
Eph.3:8-11 God's purpose of the eons

Adam and Eve chose what they reasoned to themselves was the choice that they preferred the most. They could not have done otherwise.

Last edited by rodgertutt; 08-05-2011 at 11:18 AM..

Old 08-05-2011, 09:58 AM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Everything that God created was good alright, including His eonian plan (which He created) to introduce evil into His creation for the purpose of achieving far more glorious ends than if He had not allowed the serpent to be the strongest influence in the life of Adam and Eve.
Adam and Eve chose what they reasoned to themselves was the choice that they preferred the most. They could not have done otherwise.
All life must grow and mature . . . even species have a maturation cycle to their evolution, Rodger. The serpent is our reptilian brain (limbic system) and in an infant it is completely powerful and controlling of our motivations and behavior. Our soul is a "seed" of consciousness that must grow, learn and mature to increasing control over the drives generated by the serpent. That is why the serpent is the stronger of the influences on our "infant Spirits."

Old 08-05-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
All life must grow and mature . . . even species have a maturation cycle to their evolution, Rodger. The serpent is our reptilian brain (limbic system) and in an infant it is completely powerful and controlling of our motivations and behavior. Our soul is a "seed" of consciousness that must grow, learn and mature to increasing control over the drives generated by the serpent. That is why the serpent is the stronger of the influences on our "infant Spirits."
Thank you for your interesting point of view.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
Yes Scott I do. I wouldn't go so far as to say God "needs" evil... but I do read that there is no greater love than for a person to lay down his life for his friends and Christ referred to his crucifixion, the time he would lay down His life, as "His glory". So it stands to reason that if God wanted to show forth that kind of unique love and to show His glory... it would require exactly what unfolded.
Also the divine attributes of mercy & forgiveness to be shown would required someone to forgive and be merciful toward. Also, at least as of the time after man sinned, scripture explicitly states that this was God's plan for Christ to die. So the notion that God never makes a plan involving the use evil is not right.
Then in effect you do believe God needs evil.

Bob we to are to lay our life down for others, this is the cross we are to bare. You beleive Jesus laid His life down for us when He died on a literal cross. I beleive Jesus laid His life down when He left His glory and came and walked in the likeness of sinful man.

This is the cross we are to bare brother, it is the same cross Jesus bore. So unless we are all going to die on a literal cross, the cross Jesus spoke of cannot be literal.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:

That is the same as calling good evil and evil good, something we are not to do.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:14 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,616 times
Quote:
Then in effect you do believe God needs evil.
Not necessarily. I gave an argument why God might have wanted to use evil, but I wasn't going so far as to conclusively say God had to do it that way and no other way was possible.

Quote:
Bob we to are to lay our life down for others, this is the cross we are to bare. You beleive Jesus laid His life down for us when He died on a literal cross. I beleive Jesus laid His life down when He left His glory and came and walked in the likeness of sinful man.

This is the cross we are to bare brother, it is the same cross Jesus bore. So unless we are all going to die on a literal cross, the cross Jesus spoke of cannot be literal.
I agree there are many ways to lay down your life, and the requirement is not literal. But all of them deal with sacrifice, forgiveness, and mercy toward sinners and toward those who have wronged you. Jesus was our example... when he was threatened, reviled, etc He did not return the same. That example seems to necessitate things like threatenings and revilings - in other words evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity