U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 05:49 PM

2,991 posts, read 1,585,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Well brother that is just as horrible a view of God as the ET version of Him

Sorry to my ET brethren for using your beleif in this fashion, but it is the strongest UR belief to show the horribleness of a view of God.
ET belief: Locked into an inescapable state of everlasting suffering.
Now that's horrible!

UR belief: Eventually transforming even the worst manifestation of man's evil deeds into something better for everyone involved that they happened.
Now that's wonderful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 05:49 PM

668 posts, read 290,071 times
Moderator cut: quoted post has been deleted

God is the savior of all people and especially (not exclusively) those who believe - that doesn't change the bible, it only changes the crazy human bonfire notion that Eters seem to have
everything God does has a purpose, even the lake of fire which brings about purity, the LOF is not some sick and twisted vegenful act that God will do to exorcise some angry part of him that he has tucked away for Judgment day
His love ENDURES forever!!

Last edited by Miss Blue; 07-28-2011 at 08:58 AM..

Old 07-27-2011, 05:51 PM

4,225 posts, read 1,628,469 times
Quote:
I believe that it is God's decretive will (that which must occur) that we all violate His preceptive will (that which we ought to do) as much as we actually do it.

Is that saying that God wills for man to violate His law? If so then there is no sin for any man, God is the sinner as He made man do it.

Quote:
IMO, God did create evil for a purpose, and I believe that God will eventually weave all the evil that all men do into good for everyone involved.

Sorry God did not create evil, does not use evil, has no concord with the devil, but He will eventually weave all the evil that men to towards their own Good.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:54 PM

2,991 posts, read 1,585,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So when Jesus said Satan has been a murderer from the begining, He wasn't really talking about Satan, He was talking about Himeself? I hope you don't see it that way.

John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

No, my friend, God hates sin, and He cannot sin, and He will not tempt anyone to sin. That much He has promised.

James 1:13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one.
God doesn't tempt anyone, but He is in perfect control over all of Satan's activities.

Sooner or later Satan is going to be saved too.
C.S. Lewis wrote, “The greatest surprise for Satan will occur when he learns that he has been perfectly doing the will of God all along.”

Personally I think the greatest demonstration of God’s grace in action among the celestials will be when Satan bows in humble submission and love in front of His Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
ET belief: Locked into an inescapable state of everlasting suffering.
Now that's horrible!

UR belief: Eventually transforming even the worst manifestation of man's evil deeds into something better for everyone involved that they happened.
Now that's wonderful!
Well I beleive in UR and both views are just as horrible to me as you view the horribleness of ET.

God does not use evil, He has no part in the evils men do.

God is love and love worketh no EVIL

Either make the tree good and its fruit good or make the tree evil and it fruit evil, for a tree is KNOWN by its fruit.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:55 PM

2,933 posts, read 2,182,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Thanks meerkat, but I am a him not a her
Sorry

Old 07-27-2011, 05:57 PM

9,501 posts, read 5,066,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceahogalwaysahog View Post
God is the savior of all people and especially (not exclusively) those who believe - that doesn't change the bible, it only changes the crazy human bonfire notion that Eters seem to have
Moderator cut: delete/orphaned
I know for a fact that God will at some point doesn't allow a person to believe what he reads. If you can't believe your eyes when you read Matthew 25:41-46 or Rev 20-21 or John 3:36, it's because of your wantoness. What makes you think God is under some obligation to keep the truth in the heart.

Moderator cut: delete.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 07-28-2011 at 09:06 AM.. Reason: attack

Old 07-27-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
God doesn't tempt anyone, but He is in perfect control over all of Satan's activities.

C.S. Lewis wrote, “The greatest surprise for Satan will occur when he learns that he has been perfectly doing the will of God all along.”

Personally I think the greatest demonstration of God’s grace in action among the celestials will be when Satan bows in humble submission and love in front of His Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Hmmmm, if God is in perfect control (His will being done) in everything that happens here on THIS earth then Jesus taught us to pray a redundant prayer.

Thy WILL be done on earth as it is in Heaven.

Obviously Jesus did not beleive Gods will was being done in the earth.

And His will will not be done in the earth UNTIL the kingdoms of the earth have become the kingdoms of Christ.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Sorry
Tis ok

Old 07-27-2011, 06:04 PM

35,505 posts, read 12,715,146 times
Quote:
Really
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity