Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2011, 01:07 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Logic is an inherent quality of God, so they've always existed as he's always existed.
You do not understand what logic is...Logic is dictated by the natural order of things...And the natural order of things is that which was a creation of Hawyaw...It cannot be changed so therefore logic must operate within those parameters or it is illogical...It is illogical to think that you can mate with a dog and sire a baby...It is against the natural law..It is logical however to mate with another human being and expect to sire a child...For this is the way Hawyaw has created the natural order of procreation of the species...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 01:14 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
That's an old argument which has no substance. The apostles received divine revelation from God for the purpose of writing the New Testament Scriptures so that there would be permanantly recorded that which God saw fit to communicate to man. During the pre-canon period of the church-age, as the New Testament was being formed, divine revelation came through the apostles and through prophets.

Jesus told the apostles that He had many more things to say to them, but could not at that time. But these things would be communicated to them later by means of the Holy Spirit. These things were set down in the New Testament epistles.

John 16:12 'I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13] ''But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. 14] ''He shall glorify Me; for He shall take of Mine, and shall disclose it to you. 15] ''All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said, that He takes of Mine, and will disclose it to you.

The New Testament books are the fulfillment of the teaching ministry of the Holy Spirit concerning Christ and concerning the church-age and what is to come afterwards.

God's plan, His intention, was to first reveal His word in ancient times, either directly, or though angelic teaching, or through dreams, visions, and prophets. But now, in this present dispensation, it is God's intention that His message to man be in written form. With the completion of the New Testament Scriptures in 95 A.D., (and yes, the Bible was complete in 95 A.D. It simply wasn't all under one cover as it later was.) God communicates through His written word, under the teaching ministry of God the Holy Spirit. In the future, God will communicate in other ways. But for now, for right now, God's chosen means of communication is through His word.
It's a shame that this is the only way God reveals himself to you...you are missing a wonderful personal relationship for God reveals himself in many different ways to many different people...and he still does it today.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
They didn't. Lucifer is not the devil. Lucifer is a translation from the Latin Vulgate referring to a Babylonian King. The KJV kept the Latin translation as Lucifer instead of modern versions using the phrase Morning Star or Day Star. The KJV had such an influence on Christianity in the West, that people began to associate Satan with the name Lucifer, especially after Dante and Milton's works. Entirely different though.

You'll notice that there is no fall from Heaven in the entire Old Testament. The concept of fallen angels began with the Book of Enoch and the Watchers, later developed by Dante and Milton. There are no fallen angels in Judaism.
You might want to read your old testament again...He was cast down to earth from the heavens...
Isa 14:12 How hast thou fallen from the heavens, O shining one, son of the dawn! Thou hast been cut down to earth, O weakener of nations.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:35 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You do not understand what logic is...Logic is dictated by the natural order of things...And the natural order of things is that which was a creation of Hawyaw...It cannot be changed so therefore logic must operate within those parameters or it is illogical...It is illogical to think that you can mate with a dog and sire a baby...It is against the natural law..It is logical however to mate with another human being and expect to sire a child...For this is the way Hawyaw has created the natural order of procreation of the species...
The mistake here is you are using logic, so you can throw the Euler Circles and if/then conditional statements out the window because this is of a Heavenly Nature and not an Earthly one.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Actually you appear to be quite intelligent!
Thank you...However, there are much more intelligent people than I...One in particular is whom I learned Logic and Reason from and ceased over-spiritualizing everything...

Old 08-05-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Like the Jews Muslims and Sabians do not believe angels have free will. they are the perfect messengers and are only capable of doing what God(swt) directs them to do. they act on behalf of God(swt) and are infallible servents. For them to be other, we humans could not ever believe any messege from an angel as it could contain the angel's own thoughts, even if unintentional.

I do not know how the Jew's or Sabians explain those who rebelled. However, we Muslims believe they were a creature seperate from angels. A being created before man but in a more spiritual and not physical form those creature we call Jinn and we believe the rellious ones were Jinn, not Angels who strayed.
I know what a Djinn is...However, It does say Lucifer rebelled...And it is said that He was Chief Angel...So, If they were created to do only as Hawyaw instructed, How did they rebel?...That would imply Free will...Now, your beliefs of the Djinn come from where?...

Old 08-05-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No, one does not have to be divine in order to think divine viewpoint. Bible doctrine is divine viewpoint. You have understood nothing of which I said. What I said about the Holy Spirit has gone completely unnoticed by you.

As you are negitive toward Bible doctrine, and as you believe in a false Jesus, you are unable to understand spiritual things. The Jesus Christ you think you know through your new-age channeling, is Satanic. You are under strong delusion.
Agreed...

Old 08-05-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I am an activist towards Native American Rights and the establishment of the "Republic of Lakotah" Not long back I stood along side my Brothers and even though I am Lithuanian ancestry I said "I am Lakotah" does that make me Lakotah? It only means my heart and thoughts are with the Lakotah and I support their goal.

It seems that in John, Jesus(as) was speaking similar and acknowledging he followed and stood by the one true God(swt).
That one I will give you...Do you know about the People of the Book and the Golden Age of the Jews?...

Old 08-05-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Praytell what, may I ask, do you think I'm missing???
I will not answer Sarcasm...

Old 08-05-2011, 01:59 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I will not answer Sarcasm...
Yeah...that's what I thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity