Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 08:20 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
So, you were abused as a child and you believe it had no effect on you?
Nope...However, I am quite sure you'd like it to have...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 08:22 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
I can assure you, I have never seen that site you linked.

And, you have contradicting bible passages. Either the bible is infallible or it's not. Contradictions make it fallible just as you are telling us that channeling is fallible. Seems to me that the bible represents darkness in the OT and brings us into the light in the NT. When you believe the OT, you are also listening to dark spirits. Which one is it. If you follow Jesus, you cannot possibly believe the OT, which it would then be fallible. If you follow Jesus, you will uphold all of His teachings that are of Love. Best to think about what you say to others and look in the mirror first.

What I do is test the messages against Love. If it doesn't promote Love, I disagree with it. I don't care about the things that do not bring me closer to heaven and God. My only focus is on Love.
In attributing the Old Testament to 'dark spirits' instead of God, you blaspheme. All Scripture is God breathed. All scripture is from God.

The Bible does not contradict itself. The Old Testament is just as much divine revelation as is the New Testament. Jesus Christ is Jehovah or Yahweh and is spoken of in the Old Testament.

You choose to see Jesus only as love while ignoring His righteousness. When Jesus Christ came the first time, He came as the Lamb of God. But when He returns at the end of the tribulation, He will return as the Lion of Judah. And as Revelation (New Testament) reveals, He will uttery destroy His enemies (Revelation 19:11-21). And look at what He will do at the end of the Millennium to those who rebel against Him (Revelation 20:7-10).

You have presented a distorted view of God's character by isolating God's love and emphasizing it to the exclusion of all else. God is not only love. He is holy. And as I have said elsewhere, God speaks of His holiness in the Scriptures much more than He does His love.

Hell will be full of people who were loving, but who never believed in Christ for eternal salvation. These people will not be loving in hell. They will be in eternal torment without hope.

And with that, I think I have spent enough time on this with you.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:23 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Originally Posted by twin.spin
Totally agree.
Jesus Christ does not speak through channeling.

You aren't listening to Jesus but rather listen to someone who is a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Don't kid yourself that demons can't use a love message to decieve you.
  • Tempting Jesus to make bread out of stones out of love for himself when he was 40 days into without eating
  • Tempting Jesus to commit suicide because God's love will not fail him
  • Tempting Jesus to have all the wealth\power the world has to offer...which people still today believes the more you have that somehow loves you more and can use for good purposes.
Yes....resist the satanic masqueraders and he\they will flee from you.
Which also indicates Satan did not believe Jesus(as) to be God(swt). Keep in mind Satan probably knows God(swt) better than any human does.

I did not think of it before, but that verse of Christ being tempted by Satan, does give verification, that Jesus(as) never said He was God(swt)

Old 08-07-2011, 08:34 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Nope...However, I am quite sure you'd like it to have...
I assme you mean "nope" you weren't effected by it and not "nope", you weren't abused?

Why on earth would you think I would "like" you to have been abused? I would never wish that on anyone.

If you believe that having been abused had no impact on you, I'm not going to try to convince you differently. However, to tell anyone that they should not be in need of healing from abuse, or that they are mentally weak if they do, is irresponsible. But if you disassociated yourself from your own abuse in the way you described, I don't think you'll be able to understand that. Hopefully anyone who reads your posts, however, can see it for what it is.

Peace on your journey, Richard.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:43 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Which also indicates Satan did not believe Jesus(as) to be God(swt). Keep in mind Satan probably knows God(swt) better than any human does.

I did not think of it before, but that verse of Christ being tempted by Satan, does give verification, that Jesus(as) never said He was God(swt)

There are three persons of the Triune God:
The Father (of God)
The Son (of God)
The Holy Spirit (of God)

The devils and Satan proclaimed:

Mark 1:24
“What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!”

Luke 4:34
“Ha! What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!”

Satan really is having pleasure having his way with you...first you throw away the truth, then you don't admit what even they had to.

I do feel sorry for you....being the laughing stock in hell is nothing to be proud of.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:45 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,130,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl;
If I ever entered a church on Sunday where this was actually understood and taught...I would attend regularly for this is exactly what Jesus taught when he said to DENY SELF AND FOLLOW ME. We are to FOLLOW Jesus...follow the path he laid out for us...not worship him.

How many Christians do just the opposite????????????
I agree.
Yet, not too long ago, I worshiped the idea of Jesus too.
Maybe because it's easier & also less threatening to relate to a perfect personification of God. Less abstract & if Jesus is exceptionally perfect, & can "save" us, we feel off the hook.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I assme you mean "nope" you weren't effected by it and not "nope", you weren't abused?

Why on earth would you think I would "like" you to have been abused? I would never wish that on anyone.

If you believe that having been abused had no impact on you, I'm not going to try to convince you differently. However, to tell anyone that they should not be in need of healing from abuse, or that they are mentally weak if they do, is irresponsible. But if you disassociated yourself from your own abuse in the way you described, I don't think you'll be able to understand that. Hopefully anyone who reads your posts, however, can see it for what it is.

Peace on your journey, Richard.
It happened to me when I was 8 in an emergency foster home by older boy of 15 and 16...When I was 12 I cried to Hawyaw "Why, me...out of all the people in the world this could of happened to why did it have to happen to me"...His response was that I was not violated however, the Tent that i dwell in was...Also, that I was stronger than all that and I felt selfish for wishing it would happen to someone else...This experience has made me the man I am...I will defend those that are weaker, even to death...I hate the act of bullying, however, I will attempt to desuade the bully...People I have met that have gone through similar abuses have sought everything else but the True Hawyaw for healing...And His healing does not take years to accomplish...It is instantaneous...And then you move on not dwelling on it...When I saw the violation for what it was, through the logic of Hawyaw, it made me stronger. so, therefore I may help others...but only if they want to listen instead of indulging in self pity as I did that day I cried out "why me"...From the time I was 12 the rest of my life has been without dwelling on that one snapshot in time...There is nothing I can do about changing it, so, why dwell on it...It is not what makes me who I am...It happened...move on...And try to help others with what Hawyaw had revealed to me regarding the spirit residing within the tent...

Old 08-07-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
I agree.
Yet, not too long ago, I worshiped the idea of Jesus too.
Maybe because it's easier & also less threatening to relate to a perfect personification of God. Less abstract & if Jesus is exceptionally perfect, & can "save" us, we feel off the hook.
A biblical case can be made to support the idea that Jesus is God, as well as to support that he was not. If it were truly necessary for salvation that we know with certainty, imo it would be less ambiguous. Whether Jesus was God, or simply so completely filled with God's spirit that he was able to correct our misperceptions of God's nature, the impact is the same.

So, as far as following Jesus' example, I think one of his main lessons for us is to stop thinking of ourselves as needing to get ourselves off of a hook... seems that kind of thinking just feeds into our egoic, carnal nature and pumps it up as well as separating us from the truth of God's love. The name Jesus means "God saves". God/Love within saves. Personally, I feel the important thing is to come to a deeper and fuller awareness and acceptance of just exactly what that means, so that we can more fully live in it. That's how I see it, at any rate.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
There are three persons of the Triune God:
The Father (of God)
The Son (of God)
The Holy Spirit (of God)

The devils and Satan proclaimed:

Mark 1:24
“What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!”

Luke 4:34
“Ha! What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!”

Satan really is having pleasure having his way with you...first you throw away the truth, then you don't admit what even they had to.

I do feel sorry for you....being the laughing stock in hell is nothing to be proud of.
Immature responses are not going to persuade Woodrow...Logic and Reason will...Those verses does not imply that Christ was Hawyaw...Merley that He was OF Hawyaw...

Old 08-07-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
It happened to me when I was 8 in an emergency foster home by older boy of 15 and 16...When I was 12 I cried to Hawyaw "Why, me...out of all the people in the world this could of happened to why did it have to happen to me"...His response was that I was not violated however, the Tent that i dwell in was...Also, that I was stronger than all that and I felt selfish for wishing it would happen to someone else...This experience has made me the man I am...I will defend those that are weaker, even to death...I hate the act of bullying, however, I will attempt to desuade the bully...People I have met that have gone through similar abuses have sought everything else but the True Hawyaw for healing...And His healing does not take years to accomplish...It is instantaneous...And then you move on not dwelling on it...When I saw the violation for what it was, through the logic of Hawyaw, it made me stronger. so, therefore I may help others...but only if they want to listen instead of indulging in self pity as I did that day I cried out "why me"...From the time I was 12 the rest of my life has been without dwelling on that one snapshot in time...There is nothing I can do about changing it, so, why dwell on it...It is not what makes me who I am...It happened...move on...And try to help others with what Hawyaw had revealed to me regarding the spirit residing within the tent...
Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm glad for you that you found healing and strength.

No two people are alike, nor are their experiences, nor is their path to healing. Calling someone weak or self-pitying because their path is different from your own is further abuse, and won't aid them on their path to healing. Whereas, imo, if you were to communicate the lessons you have learned in a non-judgmental way, it very well could.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity