Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 10:06 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Go ahead. I don't see how it can't be in line with the original question.
Maybe tomorrow.

Quote:
(warning: Grandpa is tired and about to go to bed. Don't look for an immediate answer. AND...tomorrow is my last free day before being away from the net for a week or so.)
So's Grandma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 10:34 PM

63,778 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Yet, there are plenty here willing to acknowledge His existance, but they don't want to acknowledge what the Bible says about Him. They go somewhere else for that understanding and it just simply doesn't make sense to me. Why would you?
This is a lie. We don't accept the ignorant savage beliefs about Jehovah. They are NOT about Christ. Only the "mind of Christ" can define the true nature of God . . . not a bunch of OT prophets alerting us to Christ's coming.

Old 08-06-2011, 04:38 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
Quote:
They're not contradictory at all.

In the second one, the "primary source" quote, I'm talking about evidence that He really existed. There are other sources which at least mention the name of Jesus, but the Bible is the main source.

In the first one, the "only source" quote, I'm talking about the history of His life and ministry. There are no other sources for that. No other writings delve into who He was, what He did or what His purpose was, unless they are based upon the Biblical revelation of Him.

So, to restate the original question: If one is willing to accept the existance of Jesus, based primarily on the what the Bible tells us of Him, why wouldn't one also be willing to accept what the Bible, and the Bible alone, reveals about His life, ministry and purpose? After all, there is literally NO OTHER source for that information.

Yet, there are plenty here willing to acknowledge His existance, but they don't want to acknowledge what the Bible says about Him. They go somewhere else for that understanding and it just simply doesn't make sense to me. Why would you?
You're really sad. I gave you other sources yet because they are not the bible, you dismiss them as if they are meaningless. You aren't God and you have no authority over what is right or wrong. You only have authority over what you believe is right or wrong. Afterall, there are literally thousands of messages from Jesus, Mary and other Celestials that actually do tell of His life from birth to death and beyond.

Also, if you read the Urantia book, you will find some very beautiful things that He says to people of His time and some really good advice for living this life in order to become Love. THe bible doesn't even come close to beautitudes of Jesus.

There are other sources out there but you refduse to look into them because of fear. Fear doesn't get you very far.

Old 08-06-2011, 06:10 AM

1,220 posts, read 986,683 times
Default The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Ok...... I guess I still don't understand where you are coming from and why you don't spell out GOD......are you a UR?
Good morning beautiful...I don't spell out "G-d" because my computer is Jewish, and I'm one at heart....
What's a "UR" ?
G-d Blessing you then...

Old 08-06-2011, 06:18 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
You're really sad. I gave you other sources yet because they are not the bible, you dismiss them as if they are meaningless. You aren't God and you have no authority over what is right or wrong. You only have authority over what you believe is right or wrong. Afterall, there are literally thousands of messages from Jesus, Mary and other Celestials that actually do tell of His life from birth to death and beyond.

Also, if you read the Urantia book, you will find some very beautiful things that He says to people of His time and some really good advice for living this life in order to become Love. THe bible doesn't even come close to beautitudes of Jesus.

There are other sources out there but you refduse to look into them because of fear. Fear doesn't get you very far.
You're right. I haven't looked at much of it, and won't. I see no reason or need to submit my eternal soul to the musings of a supposed "spirit" of the dead Jesus, particularly when that "spirit" contradicts the Biblical account of the real Jesus on just about every important point.

Frankly, I can't imagine why anyone would.

So far as I'm concerned, Deu. 8: 10-12 makes it abundantly clear that's forbidden by God himself:

Deu 18:10 There shall not be found among you [any one] that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, [or] that useth divination, [or] an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

Deu 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

Deu 18:12 For all that do these things [are] an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

You may chose to ignore that warning if you like (and God help your soul when you do), but I will not.

Old 08-06-2011, 06:19 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is a lie. We don't accept the ignorant savage beliefs about Jehovah. They are NOT about Christ. Only the "mind of Christ" can define the true nature of God . . . not a bunch of OT prophets alerting us to Christ's coming.

If God is not a God of judgment, then why did Christ have to come? After all, if there's no judgment, from what do we need to be saved?

Old 08-06-2011, 06:25 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,119,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
No reason to... Christians believed in Jesus even before the first Christian Bible, and plenty of current and historical Christians have believed that they have a personal relationship with the immortal Jesus which transcends the use of writting.
Current people have no excuse, since the Bible is the most widely reprodcued book in history. Matthew, Mark, Luke, John. The New Testament. Go!

Old 08-06-2011, 06:30 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,119,187 times
Quote:
If God is not a God of judgment, then why did Christ have to come? After all, if there's no judgment, from what do we need to be saved?
This is where UR theology falls apart, stillkit. Don't expect an answer.

Old 08-06-2011, 06:31 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
He judged that which is against us(our carnal mind/nature,our old self).

But in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it produced death in me through what was good, so that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful Romans 7:13

For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature,God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:Romans 8:3

Old 08-06-2011, 06:33 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
Quote:
You're right. I haven't looked at much of it, and won't. I see no reason or need to submit my eternal soul to the musings of a supposed "spirit" of the dead Jesus, particularly when that "spirit" contradicts the Biblical account of the real Jesus on just about every important point.

Frankly, I can't imagine why anyone would.

So far as I'm concerned, Deu. 8: 10-12 makes it abundantly clear that's forbidden by God himself:

Deu 18:10 There shall not be found among you [any one] that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, [or] that useth divination, [or] an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

Deu 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

Deu 18:12 For all that do these things [are] an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

You may chose to ignore that warning if you like (and God help your soul when you do), but I will not.
Yet you ignore this from 1 John: Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

That's right. Pick and choose. The Jesus you are claiming to be false has been tested time and again. He is the real deal. Just because you disagree with some things about Him and His life, does not make it a lie.

God has already helped my soul so I am not worried about anything. God loves me just as much as anyone else be they a bible reader, murderer or saint.

The reason I pointed out those things is because you are continuously claiming that there is only the bible and there is nothing in this world that tells of Jesus. I pointed out that there actually is yet you refuse to explore what God has given us. He gave us the freedom to share with fellow beings whether they be material or spirit. We are made to do that and in Jesus' time, you can bet your booty that it was very common to communicate with spirits. Even Jesus did it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity