Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2011, 08:40 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
No, Jesus did not.

But, let's not argue that point. Instead, let's see if that spirit of yours fits the bill as a true, Spirit of God:

1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

You focus on one verse (and on your interpretation of that verse, as opposed to other interpretations that have been shared) to judge another's walk with God. You seem to be hell-bent on determining who isn't "in the club" rather than finding the commonalitites that can give a starting point for fruitful, rather than condemning, dialogue. What about focusing on other verses from the same chapter of that epistle that are clearly something in common?

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.

No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us. By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.

So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.
By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world. There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. We love because he first loved us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 08:48 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,312 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
It doesn't deny the death or resurrection. It denies that Jesus claims to be God. It denies that He died for our sins. Through Jesus, I have found God and now I go directly to God with my prayers.
Jesus IS God, and He manifested Himself by becoming man and then dying on the cross for our sins. If you don't adhere to this basic belief then I'm afraid Stillkit might be right, you're listening to the wrong spirits.

Quote:
Why does everything have to be tested against the bible? Why not the Quaran or Torah? Seems to me that they are spiritual books as well. The bible isn't the only source of inspiration.
Because without the Bible, which IS the word of God, you're subject to being led by the wrong spirits. I'm not saying you're not a Christian Reverend1111......I believe that you are and that you know Jesus because you bear good fruit. I think you have some of the truth, but I think it's being muddled by bad spirits. And you're right, the Bible is not the only source of inspiration but it is the only word of God. Without it, we wouldn't even know of Jesus and what He did for us.

Quote:
You all keep trying to convert me to your beliefs yet I have seen time and again fundamentalists and biblers practice things I do not such as condemnation, judgement, intolerance and no understanding. It's not a belief I want to follow if it means I have to give up compassion, mercy, love, forgiveness and all that is positive. Soory guys but keep trying if it makes you feel better about yourself. No skin off my back.
I'm not trying to convert you to anything, I'm just concerned about these "spirits" that you rely on for your truth because I know all about bad spirits and how they can worm their way in and convince you of things that aren't really truth. Jesus DID die for our sins, that information which you have received is false and came from a bad spirit. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being spiritual but you have to walk a fine line when it comes to "listening to spirits"......I know what I'm talking about. Better to stay in the word of God and compare or "test" the spirits that way, you'll never go wrong. God will lead you to all truth through His word.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:25 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Quote:
I know without a doubt because I tried the Great Experiment and it worked and is still working. Just because "the bible" says one thing and I believe another because of my own experiences, does not make the bible more true.
You're the one who brought up testing the spirits, so you can't now disavow the results simply by saying there are parts of the Bible you don't believe. If you don't believe in using John's formula for testing the spirits, why did you mention it?

Quote:
I have also never once said that those messages are 100% true. There are some things I disagree with yet there are more that I do agree with.
Nor can you teach from what that spirit has taught you, then turn around and say, "I really don't believe all that." You did that once before when we had a similar conversation. At least be honest and consistent enough to teach what you really believe.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You focus on one verse (and on your interpretation of that verse, as opposed to other interpretations that have been shared) to judge another's walk with God. You seem to be hell-bent on determining who isn't "in the club" rather than finding the commonalitites that can give a starting point for fruitful, rather than condemning, dialogue. What about focusing on other verses from the same chapter of that epistle that are clearly something in common?

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.

No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us. By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.

So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.
By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world. There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. We love because he first loved us.
Do YOU believe the teachings of the channeled "spirit of jesus" is a valid word from God?

Old 08-06-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
It doesn't deny the death or resurrection. It denies that Jesus claims to be God. It denies that He died for our sins.
It certainly does deny the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Not the death and spiritual resurrection of the man Jesus, but the literal, physical death and bodily resurrection of Jesus the Christ is blatantly denied.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:58 AM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
If God is not a God of judgment, then why did Christ have to come? After all, if there's no judgment, from what do we need to be saved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
This is where UR theology falls apart, stillkit. Don't expect an answer.
This is where ancient ignorance and superstition did the most damage to Christ's Gospel and turned it into Bad News. Our entire species needed to be saved from its FAILURES to overcome our carnal nature and produce a consciousness of pure love to resonate perfectly with God's. That failure would have consigned ALL human consciousness to eternal separation from God. By producing God's consciousness in a human brain . . . Christ connected ALL human consciousness permanently with God's consciousness. THAT is what He saved us from, stillkit.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is where ancient ignorance and superstition did the most damage to Christ's Gospel and turned it into Bad News. Our entire species needed to be saved from its FAILURES to overcome our carnal nature and produce a consciousness of pure love to resonate perfectly with God's. That failure would have consigned ALL human consciousness to eternal separation from God. By producing God's consciousness in a human brain . . . Christ connected ALL human consciousness permanently with God's consciousness. THAT is what He saved us from, stillkit.

And you just figured this out on your own? There is no place you turned to which teaches such things?

Frankly, were I you, it would cause me great concern that the purveyor's of the teachings of channeled spirits are saying exactly the same thing.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Do YOU believe the teachings of the channeled "spirit of jesus" is a valid word from God?
In other words, you prefer to ignore the commonalities as highlighted in the verses which were posted?

As far as what I believe about channelling, why does that matter to you -- how would that further the conversation in your opinion? I have no problem answering, but I would like an answer to that question first.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:37 AM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
And you just figured this out on your own? There is no place you turned to which teaches such things?

Frankly, were I you, it would cause me great concern that the purveyor's of the teachings of channeled spirits are saying exactly the same thing.
I do not channel and I do not know of or believe in the things Reverend and her religion believe, stillkit. But you are ignoring the fact that we are all looking at the same reality and there will be similarities . . . because like the monks around the elephant we all see different parts of that reality. You refuse to look for the commonalities in favor of your exclusivist belief in the truth of your views. Frankly you are so far from the Spirit of love which God requires of His children . . . that you should be concerned about your own "refinement" after death . . . not mine. The ONLY important truth is that we are to "love God and each other," period!

Old 08-06-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Frankly you are so far from the Spirit of love which God requires of His children . . . that you should be concerned about your own "refinement" after death . . . not mine.

Or hey, here's a novel idea. Maybe we should all be even more concerned with our own refinement in the here and now based on, as you said...

Quote:
The ONLY important truth is that we are to "love God and each other," period!
A pity that we manage to complicate something so beautifully simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity