U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 05:09 PM

299 posts, read 209,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
AMEN Kat...no "sacrifice" was necessary...but evil men, who were in fear of losing their power over the people as well as the money, made sure he couldn't spread his message of love anymore.
Thanks for the clarification of YOUR conjecture. However no one has nor will "love" themselves into God's kingdom. For the entry into that kingdom is predicated upon the individuals use of a gate/doorway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 05:23 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,088,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxjonz View Post
Thanks for the clarification of YOUR conjecture. However no one has nor will "love" themselves into God's kingdom. For the entry into that kingdom is predicated upon the individuals use of a gate/doorway.
And where praytell do you think that gate/doorway is???

I'll give you a hint:

...the Kingdom of God is WITHIN YOU....

Jesus said it...do you believe him????

Old 09-19-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:

I'll give you a hint:

Jesus says "Love your enemy." Sweety I think thou hast fallen on thine own sword.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:05 PM

1,472 posts, read 1,005,846 times
Lies! All Lies!!! This is the gospel in a nutshell!!:

"Help! Help!! I'm a book stuck in a nutshell!! how did I get in here in the first place!! This is a big nutshell!! Help!"...

I'm probably somewhere between the two extremes here. While I do believe love is the end of the law, I'm still very careful about what the bible actually says constitutes it, even if what constitutes it needs to be adapted for cultural and technological change.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:07 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,332,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
wow Mike. This is kinda creepy what were dealing with here hunh. Good post man. I'd also like to add Isaiah chapter 53 which of course gives graphic detail of the purpose of the Messiah.

Anyway, I think the Mask's are coming off now. As creepy as all this is, I think it's a good thing. The Holy Spirit is calling people to the Kingdom and they will hear His voice.

Hey Mike, guess what. Someone did just accept the truth, I'm sure of it. Someone who's been on the forum for quite some time. Just thought I'd share that with you. Keep that unspoken person in your prayers would you? It's a major victory!

Can you pick good fruit from a deceptive tree... I mean a bad tree? "You will know them by their fruit."
Love is god. God is love... That is creepy to you?

Old 09-19-2011, 11:28 PM

17,194 posts, read 8,706,702 times
Quote:
For the entry into that kingdom is predicated upon the individuals use of a gate/doorway.
Meaning the money collected from selling tickets, allowing one passage through it?
Or the gate of righteousness, that comes by way of a new heart of flesh?

Old 09-19-2011, 11:44 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,332,813 times
Quote:

I'll give you a hint:

Old 09-20-2011, 12:00 AM

1,188 posts, read 725,731 times
Default The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
The bible states God wants, and has always wanted, mercy not sacrifice. Jesus came to the Jews, as an messenger of enLIGHTenment, to break the sacrificial yoke of Judaism.

He died because humans killed him for preaching a different way of pleasing god. Everyone thought that to please god you had to have an expensive and impressive gift to give...the only way to reach god, though, was to burn the item so the smoke would ascend to heaven.

They thought god demanded sacrifice for sin. Jesus told them he demands you love your neighbor as yourself which is "of god." this didn't go over very well....

The Jews especially rejected this idea! Yet the Gentiles embraced it! That made the Jewish leaders even more furious...

Christians, after the fact, interpreted that act of death as a sacrifice for sin but in reality, christ never offered himself as a sacrifice to god (which if he were god would be a moot act anyway). Instead he told the truth and they didn't like it. It took the synagogues power away from the leaders and gave it to the individual.

In the end it didn't matter whether they killed him or not, the temple was destroyed and sacrifices stopped.

Jesus warned them and because they didn't believe him, they killed him.

Either way, they didn't stop God's will from being done.

And the moral of the story:

Be a good citizen of god and love your neighbor for the power of the Kingdom is within each of us.

God planted the seed... and all it takes is your love, given to others, to bloom.

**note: please excuse the lack of capitalization of "god" if that offends you, I'm using my iPad and too lazy to fix all of them.... besides, whatever name you replace "god" with, the moral remains the same.
...ahem..."Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:" 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV

"Would to G-d ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.
For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him."
2 Corinthians 11:1-4 KJV

Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-20-2011 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: this thread is not about Mormonism

Old 09-20-2011, 06:49 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,088,854 times
Quote:
Jesus says "Love your enemy." Sweety I think thou hast fallen on thine own sword.
One cannot give what one doesn't already possess. When looking WITHIN one finds who they TRULY are (and that is not the Egoic/Carnal self the majority portray to the world) one finds their connection to the whole because one "sees, hears and experiences" with new eyes...this enables one to not only love oneself unconditionally but to love others that way as well...hence ones "enemies".

Old 09-20-2011, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Meaning the money collected from selling tickets, allowing one passage through it?
Or the gate of righteousness, that comes by way of a new heart of flesh?
The gate that you must use to enter the kingdom of God was used by some of those who heard and obeyed the Acts 2 message. No person will use this gate unless his heart has been pricked/circumcised by guilt relative to the sin of Jesus' crucifixion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or