U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 07:09 AM

6,826 posts, read 4,621,046 times

Advertisements

Matthew 7:13-14

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

John 10

1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

2But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

6This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

7Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

8All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

11I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

12But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

13The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

14I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

John 14:6

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 3

15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

James 2:18-20

18Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Matthew 7

"19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it."

John

22For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

23That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

24Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

25Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

26For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

27And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 07:22 AM

299 posts, read 204,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
One cannot give what one doesn't already possess. When looking WITHIN one finds who they TRULY are (and that is not the Egoic/Carnal self the majority portray to the world) one finds their connection to the whole because one "sees, hears and experiences" with new eyes...this enables one to not only love oneself unconditionally but to love others that way as well...hence ones "enemies".
If relief from serving the penalty of eternal death was pre-existant within any naturally born human as you assert. There is no reasonable reason for the crucifixion of Jesus to be the base for perfecting the Way every indivivual must use to enter that kingdom. But for any individual to enter this kingdom it is predicated upon "You MUST be born again of God" or you will not be allowed to enter.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:30 AM

8,429 posts, read 8,147,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxjonz View Post
If relief from serving the penalty of eternal death was pre-existant within any naturally born human as you assert. There is no reasonable reason for the crucifixion of Jesus to be the base for perfecting the Way every indivivual must use to enter that kingdom. But for any individual to enter this kingdom it is predicated upon "You MUST be born again of God" or you will not be allowed to enter.
John 13:34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

1 John 3:11 This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another.
1 John 4:7-8 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Love is the command, the ticket, the gate....

Old 09-20-2011, 08:40 AM

4,881 posts, read 4,992,531 times
Quote:
There is no need for "relief" from eternal death...for there is no such thing. We are already eternal...we were eternal before we entered this physical realm and we will continue to be eternal after this physical form we inhabit perishes. We are pure energy...which cannot be destroyed...but can only change form...that is a SCIENTIFIC FACT!!!

I agree that there is no need for some sin sacrifice...that is not what Jesus taught. Jesus was a major threat to those who had complete control over the people of that time and he had to be eliminated...he was executed because what he espoused took that power away from them and gave it back to the people...they no longer needed them to know God.

Exactly....and one cannot be "born again" unless they go WITHIN to make the necessary changes in their consciousness...as Jesus and many other masters did and have taught us to do. One cannot "see" others with the eyes of God until one actually finds and meets God in his Kingdom...which is found WITHIN.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
The gate that you must use to enter the kingdom of God was used by some of those who heard and obeyed the Acts 2 message. No person will use this gate unless his heart has been pricked/circumcised by guilt relative to the sin of Jesus' crucifixion.
The "gate" of the Kingdom is found WITHIN...and only when one lets go of their Egoic/Carnal self will one be able to enter into it and find their TRUE SELF.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:08 AM

What lies behind us and what lies before us
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 09-20-2011, 11:37 AM

299 posts, read 204,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

John 10

1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

3To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

6This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

7Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

8All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

12But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 3

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

18Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Matthew 7

"19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it."

John

23That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

24Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

25Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

26For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

27And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
And your description of what this striat gate is?

Old 09-20-2011, 04:39 PM

1,158 posts, read 695,360 times
Default The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
...ahem..."Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:" 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV

"Would to G-d ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.
For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him."
2 Corinthians 11:1-4 KJV

Moderator cut: off topic
Christ died for your sins katjonjj...and that is love...

Old 09-20-2011, 05:13 PM

55,364 posts, read 29,831,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post

John 10

John 3

Matthew 7

John

Old 09-20-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Christ died for your sins katjonjj...and that is love...
Jesus the Christ died for spreading a message of love and unity and for showing the people the way into the Kingdom of God which is available to ALL and did not require the sacrifices prescribed by the Jewish priests...a message that went totally against the ruling powers of that day. It was their ignorance, greed & the Roman loss of power over the people that condemned Jesus to be executed by crucifixion.

Jesus showed us the path which can only be found by going WITHIN...a path to transformation...and yet there are those who still use him as a scapegoat...never taking responsibility for nor changing their egoic/carnal lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or