Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 06:49 PM

1,220 posts, read 981,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Jesus the Christ died for spreading a message of love and unity and for showing the people the way into the Kingdom of God which is available to ALL and did not require the sacrifices prescribed by the Jewish priests...a message that went totally against the ruling powers of that day. It was their ignorance, greed & the Roman loss of power over the people that condemned Jesus to be executed by crucifixion.

Jesus showed us the path which can only be found by going WITHIN...a path to transformation...and yet there are those who still use him as a scapegoat...never taking responsibility for nor changing their egoic/carnal lives.
What is easier to say: Christ died for you or everything you said ? Besides, if there was no sacrifice for sins there would be no resurrection of the dead...and if there be no resurrection of the dead, then we are doomed for sure. Thank you Father for sending your Christ to pay off my debt...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 07:13 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,182,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
What is easier to say: Christ died for you or everything you said ? Besides, if there was no sacrifice for sins there would be no resurrection of the dead...and if there be no resurrection of the dead, then we are doomed for sure. Thank you Father for sending your Christ to pay off my debt...
The resurrection occurs when one goes WITHIN and puts on The Mind Of Christ by raising their consciousness to that of the Christ...one goes from being dead to their egoic/carnal self and rises into their true self...the self that gives us the conscious awareness and full realization that we ARE ALL ONE, one with each other and one with God.

To take the profound symbolism of resurrection portrayed in the bible and turning it into a concept of dead flesh being raised out of the ground to walk the earth again...is a ridiculous notion, at best and doesn't help anyone evolve consciously into their highest potential.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:26 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,907,277 times
The Gospel of Jesus Christ contains good news for all mankind, some try to construe that it may be bad news for some because they have a belief concerning the fate of some who are no longer alive on earth.

What they do not realize is that the "Gospel" of Jesus Christ is the "Good News" of Jesus Christ. The "bad news" that people talk about is nothing more than a perspective of human emotions.

Might it seem like bad news if a person believes God will judge them? Certainly it may appear that way. Might it seem like bad news if someone believes that they might suffer loss based upon that judgment? Certainly it would appear that way.

Any parents reading this that on a human level do their very best to teach their children right from wrong, to instill value and worth, do you think that your children at some point found what you did to achieve that was always "GOOD NEWS".

Most all of us when learning lessons that made us greater than we was before believed that going through that period of time was bad news. Our perspective of a trial was not that we felt like it was good news. When we see the end result, we gain a perspective that we were stronger because of it.

Regaurdless of all the arguments that can be made about why things happen, why this or that exists, the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the ultimate good news for all humanity, and in the end there is no bad news for anyone. That is why it is the Good NEWS of Jesus Christ, not the BitterSweet news of Jesus Christ or the Good Cop Bad Cop News of Jesus Christ.

Old 09-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Status: "Without God, life is tragic and absurd." (set 28 days ago)

20,367 posts, read 12,650,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
What lies behind us and what lies before us
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
This post speaks volumes. Christy quotes RWE to back up her claim, & those who believe in Christ's redemptive work post Holy Scripture. That's all I need to see!

Old 09-21-2011, 03:44 PM

461 posts, read 477,899 times
The son of man says it best; "Man does not live by bread alone but by every word from the mouth of the Lord.

Old 09-21-2011, 03:51 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,907,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
This post speaks volumes. Christy quotes RWE to back up her claim, & those who believe in Christ's redemptive work post Holy Scripture. That's all I need to see!
Well, just because a person doesn't quote scripture doesn't mean what they say isn't taught by scripture.

I think Hitler quoted scripture, fred phelps may quote scripture, so what?

I remember someone quoting scripture to say whites and blacks are forbidden by God to marry, should I take stock in that?

Old 09-21-2011, 04:11 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,182,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Well, just because a person doesn't quote scripture doesn't mean what they say isn't taught by scripture.

I remember someone quoting scripture to say whites and blacks are forbidden by God to marry, should I take stock in that?
Amen Phaze!!! God works from WITHIN inspiring people to write inspirational things all the time...little jewels for us to reflect on and ponder. It's a shame there are so many that are so closed minded...they miss the most wonderful opportunities to learn and grow spiritually.

Last edited by ChristyGrl; 09-21-2011 at 04:23 PM..

Old 09-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Status: "Without God, life is tragic and absurd." (set 28 days ago)

20,367 posts, read 12,650,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post

Scripture is abundant with passages that say Jesus died to redeem us of our sins. Yes or no?

Old 09-21-2011, 10:15 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,467,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Scripture is abundant with passages that say Jesus died to redeem us of our sins. Yes or no?
It amazes me how many put all their apples in this bible basket knowing that in a court of law one would immediately discount the whole thing due to the obvious hearsay. A guy (not even positive who) writes a letter or book 30 or so years after the fact "quoting" jesus and people hang on every syllable. Not to mention the whole tranlastion issue and 2000 or so years of corruption!!!

Come on people! Use your God-given reasoning!

If you KNOW God... Why can't you hear him? Why use a book full of antiquated ideas as the end-all for your belief???

And the moral of the story is.... Love god and eachother for he that loves, knows god.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:52 PM

689 posts, read 546,349 times
God showed through Adam that even a perfect figure like Adam may not be able to survive the eternity due to the lack of faith. And God's ultimate plan is to build an eternity called "His Kingdom in Heaven".

God sets up Law to guard this eternity such that those unqualified will not be able to get in to mess things up there.

Ever since the fall of Adam, planet earth on the other hand is Satan's realm instead of God's. Earth is for the unqualified to show themselves up. As humans keep walking away from God, almost all humans are deemed unqualified in front of God's Law. Earth is Satan's place with captive dead people.

Out of love, God decided to give earthly humans a second chance, by delivering their faith (as required by eternity survival) in accordance to a New Covenant, humans will still stand a chance to be part of His Kingdom in Heaven.

In terms of eternity, only those free being capable of repenting their sin commited and being able to believe in Jesus Christ will be considered educatable.

Jesus coming is to fulfill the Law. He made a sacrifice such that humans as the unqualified in front of God's Law can still be legally rescued. As for those will refused such an offer, they will be judged by God's Law on the Judgment Day. Shall they fail to pass the Law, they will be put to a permanent separation from God. In such a separation, God's influence will be completely removed. People are left on their own. If they continue to sin (and they will) to the bottom line of His Law, the fire awaits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity