Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 07:52 PM

1,220 posts, read 981,396 times

Advertisements

...listen folks, "one" of you iterates what sounds like a reasonable thought
process. However, to follow this "one" is to end up wandering around in a desert of scriptural uncertainty, where it easy, for lack of wisdom, to falter between two opinions.
Either the Genesis account of how sin and death entered into the world reallly happened as it is written, or G-d is lying.
"G-d said!" The devil casts doubt by saying, "did G-d say?"
Praying all of you receive The Truth...

Old 08-07-2011, 07:59 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,067,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Wow! The things we don't learn here on City-Data! (And people think my beliefs are out there. ) The Bible never says that Adam and Eve ate an apple. True. The Bible says that Eve had sex with Satan. False. Interesting perspective, though.

Actually, though, since we're talking symbolism, let me throw out another thought. The tree God told Adam and Eve not to eat the fruit from was the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. I believe that's what it was, but that "good and evil" actually represented opposites in general. Without being exposed to both good and evil, Adam and Eve would not be able to distinguish between them. I doubt very much that they really appreciated how wonderful their garden paradise was, having never known anything with which to compare it. Once they were cast out of the Garden, they came to know all kinds of opposites: health and sickness, happiness and sorrow, success and failure, etc. It wasn't just "good and evil," in very general terms, but everything we judge as being good or evil, right or wrong. They came to have knowledge of everything that their limited understanding in Eden restricted them from being able to comprehend. And this knowledge was actually critical to their ultimate progression on the path that would take them back to God.

You mentioned that prior to their having "sinned" (in whatever way they may have sinned), they were unaware of their nakedness, in other words, that they were sexually naive. I would agree with you there. The Bible makes no mention of their having sexual relations until after they ate the forbidden fruit and specifically points out that they were unaware of their nakedness until that time. There does seem to be a correlation between their eating the fruit and coming to an understanding of their sexuality. I'm not sure whether you're suggesting that sexual intimacy between them was wrong (i.e. evil), but I don't think it was. I just think that a "coming of age" sexually appears to have been one of the things that eating the forbidden fruit brought about. Again, though, I see all of this as being part of God's plan. If they had never realized that they were naked (i.e. has remained ignorant of the sexuality), they would never have been able to fulfill the first commandment they were given, to multiply and replenish the Earth.
I believe where they really screwed up (after listening to the serpent of course) was that they hid from God. Had they thrown themselvs on their faces, admitted their wrong doing and begged forgiveness, there might have been a different outcome.
Instead, they played games.
Sadly, some things never change

Old 08-07-2011, 08:01 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,973,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Correct, not only is the serpent not Satan in Judaism, Satan is not an evil being bent on destroying humanity in Judaism.
Yeh Satan is just a cuddly little bear, ready to tuck you in at night...

The OP is correct.

If you follow the nature of the land of Cain, you will see it is sexual perversion and deviance that creates a fallen nature.

Eve did indeed share her fruit, and thereby gave birth to Satan spawn. Just as it will be in the end of days.

Just as the fallen angels mated with the fair looking women and created giants.

The serpent is a phallic symbol regarding a fallen angel. Possibly Lucifer himself.

The Canaanite's renewed their place after another sexual indiscretion by one of Noah's sons.

Question: "Why did Noah curse Ham / Canaan?"

Answer: Genesis 9:20-25 tells us, "Noah, a man of the soil, proceeded to plant a vineyard. When he drank some of its wine, he became drunk and lay uncovered inside his tent. Ham, the father of Canaan, saw his father's nakedness and told his two brothers outside. But Shem and Japheth took a garment and laid it across their shoulders; then they walked in backward and covered their father's nakedness. Their faces were turned the other way so that they would not see their father's nakedness. When Noah awoke from his wine and found out what his youngest son had done to him, he said, "Cursed be Canaan! The lowest of slaves will he be to his brothers."

Why did Noah curse Canaan when it was Ham who saw him naked? Why was Noah so angry that Ham saw him naked? Some propose that Ham and/or Canaan actually did something to Noah in addition to seeing him naked. The passage mentions that Noah was angry when he found out, "what his youngest son had done to him." Homosexuality, rape, and humiliation are frequently mentioned as possibilities. However, the text nowhere states that Ham did anything to Noah. Any such view of what occurred is speculation.

Lots drunken sexual encounters with his daughters brought us the Ammonites and Moabites. Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 08-07-2011 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: off topic and potential derailment

Old 08-07-2011, 08:28 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,420,525 times
Thread is closed for moderation and review
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity