U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-12-2011, 04:00 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma
200 posts, read 209,496 times
Reputation: 80

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
LOL...I fear him because I know that if I ever stray away from him that his Wrath and SWORD will fall upon me as well...
Yup, sounds like the majority of my 48 years. Nothing like wrath and the SWORD of the Lord to keep oneself in line. Made myself almost suicidal because I just knew I had screwed up one times too many. Would even confess to sins not committed because I just wasn't sure. Of course, that made me a liar. Talk about a "joyful" and "victorious" life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
...The BIBLE say's that it is better for a man NOT to know than to KNOW and turn back, so in other words his WRATH would fall on the one that know's twice as worst as the one that dont.
So why the heck do churches evangelize? Oh yeah, so they can experience the same "joy" I had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-12-2011, 06:32 AM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,086,645 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
^^^ People are people and they will alway's try to use there own thoughts and imaginations rather than just reading what the LORD is and say's out of his own mouth according to his Scriptures . Show me proof out of the "BIBLE" where the LORD said that he is just and only LOVE. You cant show me that because ist's not there. Those are simply your own thoughts, which only a foolish man would follow because you have no HEAVEN of HELL to put any of us in.


So the next time you come quoting me about something that you "Think" GOD is make sure that you can actually back your thoughts up with actual "SCRIPTURE"


Thakn You & GOD BLESS,
The scriptures are LOADED with the reality of GODS PURE UNCONDITIONAL AGAPE LOVE...I'm sorry you don't have the spiritual eyes to recognize it for that is not something I can help you with. Seek the spirit WITHIN for those who sincerely SEEK shalll FIND.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2011, 06:43 AM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,086,645 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
God the Holy Spirit will NEVER reveal anything which is contrary to the teaching of the Scriptures which are God-breathed. Anyone can claim that the Holy Spirit revealed this or that to them. But if in making that claim they then proceed to speak of things which are contrary to the word of God, they are deceived and deceiving. To disregard the Bible is to disregard what God has communicated in His written word, and therefore to disregard God Himself. The Bible is the ABSOLUTE norm and standard for truth.
It has been my experience and the experience of hundreds of thousands of others, that the spirit, does in fact, reveal things that aren't in the bible and also expounds and clarifies things that are vague or misleading in the bible.

It's apparent that you are equating "inspiration" with "dictation"....they are, in fact, two completely different things. Spiritual inspiration still requires that it be filtered through the human brain which can significantly affect what is written.

Please provide a scriptural reference where this point is specifically made because I've never found ANYWHERE in the bible where it says the spirit will NOT reveal anything other than what is written in the bible. You keep saying it, but you've not provided ANYTHING that shows this to be TRUE. BTW...mans opinion about it doesn't count for squat...so try to prove me wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2011, 07:12 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,651,156 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
It has been my experience and the experience of hundreds of thousands of others, that the spirit, does in fact, reveal things that aren't in the bible and also expounds and clarifies things that are vague or misleading in the bible.

It's apparent that you are equating "inspiration" with "dictation"....they are, in fact, two completely different things. Spiritual inspiration still requires that it be filtered through the human brain which can significantly affect what is written.

Please provide a scriptural reference where this point is specifically made because I've never found ANYWHERE in the bible where it says the spirit will NOT reveal anything other than what is written in the bible. You keep saying it, but you've not provided ANYTHING that shows this to be TRUE. BTW...mans opinion about it doesn't count for squat...so try to prove me wrong.

The key here is subtle, Mike is saying that the holy spirit will not reveal anything he thinks isn't true. I believe that the holy spirit will not revwal anything contrary to Gods word, the problem is that what man has interpreted from the scriptures is not necessarily Gods word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2011, 07:15 AM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
31,777 posts, read 23,843,150 times
Reputation: 12105
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Jesus was the one who crushed the head of the serpent,.. Satan (Genesis 3:15)
........that wasn't done out of love... but wrath and justice
Then, according to you and those who share such beliefs, Jesus was not only into violence, but also failed. After all, the Satan continues to laugh out loud, and occasionally gives the middle finger to the God in your world, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2011, 07:18 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,651,156 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
LOL.... NO I live my life according to GOD's word "BUT"... I fear him because I know that if I ever stray away from him that his Wrath and SWORD will fall upon me as well. The BIBLE say's that it is better for a man NOT to know than to KNOW and turn back, so in other words his WRATH would fall on the one that know's twice as worst as the one that dont.
Well, that is understandable. I am in awe of God , so I am drawn to find out more, if I stray, he is a light unto path and a lamp unto my feet. I may devise a way, but God directs my feet.

Sometimes I have strayed intentionally, and the consequenses were dire, God did not protect me from my own action in the case I am thinking of, there was never anything to fear about God, it is knowing that he will let us learn our lessons, sometimes the hard way.

But he is always there and there is always hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2011, 08:11 AM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,086,645 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
The key here is subtle, Mike is saying that the holy spirit will not reveal anything he thinks isn't true. I believe that the holy spirit will not revwal anything contrary to Gods word, the problem is that what man has interpreted from the scriptures is not necessarily Gods word.
EXACTLY!!!! When one relies SOLELY on mans interpretations and opinions of what they think scripture means...this is where they will stagnate for they don't allow the spirit to reveal to them the actual spiritual messages being imparted by the literal words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2011, 08:57 AM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,822 posts, read 9,740,218 times
Reputation: 1299
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Then, according to you and those who share such beliefs, Jesus was not only into violence, but also failed. After all, the Satan continues to laugh out loud, and occasionally gives the middle finger to the God in your world, no?
he [Jesus] shall crush his head [the serpents head...Satan] Genesis 3:15
  • The anti-christ cult message mockingly accuses God by making such accusations \ arguments
  • Does crushing the head sound like a failure
and you [Satan] will strike his [Jesus] heel Genesis 3:15
  • Satan does more than just occasionally give the finger, he almost always does. His laugh is mockery
  • The anti-christ cult message does the same everytime
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2011, 09:00 AM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
31,777 posts, read 23,843,150 times
Reputation: 12105
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
he [Jesus] shall crush his head [the serpents head...Satan] Genesis 3:15
  • The anti-christ cult message mockingly accuses God by making such accusations \ arguments
  • Does crushing the head sound like a failure
and you [Satan] will strike his [Jesus] heel Genesis 3:15
  • Satan does more than just occasionally give the finger, he almost always does. His laugh is mockery
  • The anti-christ cult message does the same everytime
I would think that anti-Christ would benefit more from pretending to be righteous than be evil. What do you think?

As for Satan, trusting you, I assume you believe that Satan has been a tough nut to crack for God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2011, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,086,645 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
he [Jesus] shall crush his head [the serpents head...Satan] Genesis 3:15
  • The anti-christ cult message mockingly accuses God by making such accusations \ arguments
  • Does crushing the head sound like a failure
and you [Satan] will strike his [Jesus] heel Genesis 3:15
  • Satan does more than just occasionally give the finger, he almost always does. His laugh is mockery
  • The anti-christ cult message does the same everytime
Your understanding of "satan" astounds me...but then again the majority of Christianity is stagnating in the egoic thinking that "satan" is a real being.

"Satan" lives in ALL of us..."satan" is our egoic/carnal/fleshly nature...you know, the nature the majority of people, including Christians, live through. Jesus overcame this nature (see his biblical temptation/romp with satan & the Garden of Gesthemane) and laid out a path for us to follow so we could do the same (i.e., deny self (your egoic/carnal/fleshly self), non-attachment to people and things, not worrying, be in the world not of it, love your neighbor as yourself, lay down your life (your egoic/carnal/fleshly self) for your friends, following him, etc.). Once we accomplish this we can then say we have PUT ON THE MIND OF CHRIST...it's not a path of "Easy Believism"...it is a very difficult, painful and frustrating path...it is a very narrow road which very few actually find.

I'm sure you will call the above an "anti-christ cult message" but it doesn't negate the fact that it is EXACTLY what Jesus taught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:32 PM.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top