Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2011, 03:42 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I don't understand why you keep talking about an "instead" message. What is the instead that you believe I've proclaimed? That God is LOVE instead of wrath? Nowhere does the bible proclaim that God IS wrath.
Sorry to hear about your confused past, but there is nothing wrong in sticking to the topic and proving the facts. It is odd that you ask Twin a question, and when he gives you the obvious answer you claim that you can't understand why he talks about it.

It is like asking "what color is the opposite of white"?

And you get the obvious answer "black", then you say "why are you fixated with darkness and negativity?".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 04:01 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,491 times
Warning about the Anti-Christ messages that dwell within Christianity:

The Nazarite Site

Old 09-05-2011, 04:02 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sorry to hear about your confused past, but there is nothing wrong in sticking to the topic and proving the facts. It is odd that you ask Twin a question, and when he gives you the obvious answer you claim that you can't understand why he talks about it.

It is like asking "what color is the opposite of white"?

And you get the obvious answer "black", then you say "why are you fixated with darkness and negativity?".
You can't really talk... You have that same mote in your eye, the inability to comprehend that your idea of love and god quite possibly be skewed. A concept born of misunderstanding not ignorance. Yet your rejection of that which is of love means your view of love is tainted. IMO. Of course.

Finn and twin... (Lol it rhymes.) can you admit the possibility that the teaching of hell and damnation for sinners is incomplete or even worse that it shows a lack of trust in god?

The URer believes that god WILL accomplish all men to be saved. Is that not a good thing, inherently? Yet the ETer believes God fails to provide sustenance leading to salvation to the majority... Isn't that depressing to you or even oppressive?

Old 09-05-2011, 04:06 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:

You are equating the word black in your little scenario to Twin's fixation on "wrath" and then you prove my point that it's all about perspective ... from your perspective, and Twin's, you equate God's wrath to darkness and negativity. I do not. God is light, Finn. There's no darkness in him at all. His judgments teach righteousness so there's nothing negative about the end result. I'd much prefer to learn righteousness through cooperation with LOVE in the first place, of course, but either way, the end result is all GOOD, because GOD IS GOOD.

Last edited by Pleroo; 09-05-2011 at 04:17 PM..

Old 09-05-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
You can't really talk... You have that same mote in your eye, the inability to comprehend that your idea of love and god quite possibly be skewed. A concept born of misunderstanding not ignorance. Yet your rejection of that which is of love means your view of love is tainted. IMO. Of course.
Yes IMO indeed. Nothing but your opinon, but thanks for sharing your opinon, which always contains some kind of misrepresentations of my views.

Quote:
The URer believes that god WILL accomplish all men to be saved. Is that not a good thing, inherently? Yet the ETer believes God fails to provide sustenance leading to salvation to the majority... Isn't that depressing to you or even oppressive?
Is it a good thing to claim God will do something He has said He will NOT do? No, it is not a good thing. It may sound good to you, but since it is not true, it can't be good. How could a lie be good?

Old 09-05-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
You are equating the word black in your little scenario to Twin's fixation on "wrath" and then you prove my point that it's all about perspective ... from your perspective, and Twin's, you equate God's wrath to darkness and negativity. I do not. God is light, Finn. There's no darkness in him at all. His judgments teach righteousness so there's nothing negative about the end result. I'd much prefer to learn righteousness through cooperation with LOVE in the first place, of course, but either way, the end result is all GOOD, because GOD IS GOOD.
What? Have you been drinking?

Old 09-05-2011, 04:51 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Is it a good thing to claim God will do something He has said He will NOT do? No, it is not a good thing. It may sound good to you, but since it is not true, it can't be good. How could a lie be good?
You don't accept that God said that He will have all to be saved, all will be made alive, all will worship God, all be reconciled ... but you not accepting it does not mean that it is a lie.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
You don't accept that God said that He will have all to be saved, all will be made alive, all will worship God, all be reconciled ... but you not accepting it does not mean that it is a lie.
How many times do same things need to be repeated......

Old 09-05-2011, 05:11 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Pleroo,
Can you no longer see the contradiction with these two statements:

Quote:
That God is LOVE instead of wrath? Nowhere does the bible proclaim that God IS wrath.
and then immediately you say:

Quote:
You're very fixated on "wrath" passages,
How could I be "fixated on wrath passages" if it isn't nowhere in the Bible?

Are these passages not in your Bible ?:

2 Chronicles 36:16
But they mocked God’s messengers, despised his words and scoffed at his prophets until the wrath of the LORD was aroused against his people and there was no remedy.

Job 20:28
A flood will carry off his house, rushing waters on the day of God’s wrath.

Jeremiah 25:15
This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, said to me: “Take from my hand this cup filled with the wine of my wrath and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it.

John 3:36
" ... but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him.”

Romans 1:18
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness,

Romans 2:5
But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\

Old 09-05-2011, 05:15 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
How many times do same things need to be repeated......
The infamous "depends on what IS means" response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity