U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2011, 10:14 AM

20,322 posts, read 15,670,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
When you finally know Jesus Christ within you, everything will make sense, and you won't need to wrest the scriptures as you do, Mike.

Until then, you will continue to do the works of your father, just as the Jews who persecuted Christ himself did the works of their father, despising the goodness of God.

Blessings to you friend,
brian
Actually, All three Persons of the Godhead indwell the church-age believer. Not just Jesus Christ. And this, I have known for many, many years. Here is a thread from a couple of years ago in which I show the appropriate Scriptures. All Three Members of the Trinity Indwell the Body of the Church-Age Believer

It is not I who pervert the Scriptures. I have correctly pointed out that you are in direct opposition to the Scriptures. In retaliation, you make a foolish claim that Satan is my father, and that I wrest the Scriptures. One need only look at your posts to see how you contradict the word of God. A perfect example of this can be seen in post #88 in which I show your deliberate twisting of the Scriptures. Nor will I get involved in a back and forth argument over who is of Satan. Your rejection of Biblical truth is well presented in your posts.

And the illogic and foolishness of those who talk about Christ indwelling the believer while at the same time denying that Jesus is God can be plainly seen in those who make such denials of His deity. The man Jesus does not indwell anyone. A human being cannot indwell another human being. It is the deity of Jesus Christ who indwells every church-age believer. The humanity of Jesus Christ in resurrection body is seated at the right hand of the Father in heaven. How can anyone claim to know Jesus Christ and yet deny that He is God?

Last edited by Mike555; 08-14-2011 at 11:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2011, 10:18 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,121,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Do you mean like this........
YES, we will know them by their fruit !!!
Yes we will...and you PROVED my point very succintly...Thx.

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ MLK

Old 08-14-2011, 12:47 PM

37,579 posts, read 25,275,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
You will know them by their "Fruit"...if their fruit is rotten (condemning, judging, hateful, envious, etc.)...they are NOT IN CHRIST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Etc. ? Are you meaning if thy continue to sin they are NOT IN CHRIST!
Does that make them Anti-Christ?
Did you not see the bold . . . THAT is what reveals they are not in Christ. THAT is what is anti-Christ. The past 2000+ years was the future the 1st century Christians were warned about and mainstream Christian beliefs of ET or AN ARE the widespread anti-Christ apostasy that would overtake the original Gospel.
Quote:
Amen.... and that is exactly what we are discerning through some individuals here....
Quote:
Do you mean like this........
YES, we will know them by their fruit !!!
Your examples show you do NOT know what "fruits" reveal the Holy Spirit. There was nothing "condemning, judging, hateful, envious, etc." in the posts by Christy that you posted . . . but yours are usually very condemning, judging, etc.
Quote:
Yes we will...and you PROVED my point very succintly...Thx.
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ MLK
Amen! It is difficult for people to see themselves objectively, Christy . . . they are usually too focused on what they believe to be faults in others.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:56 PM

17,789 posts, read 8,901,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
A human being cannot indwell another human being.
Try telling that one to Judas, who was influenced by the spirit of Christs' adversaries called the Pharisee's or religious sects.
But according to literalism, one is led to believe it was a separate entity called Satan. Unbelievable!

Old 08-14-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Try telling that one to Judas, who was influenced by the spirit of Christs' adversaries called the Pharisee's or religious sects.
But according to literalism, one is led to believe it was a separate entity called Satan. Unbelievable!
Being influenced is not the same as being indwelt. Influence has to do with what a person thinks. But indwelling has to do with the body. Demons can indwell the body of the unbeliever under certain circumstances. Human beings who have physical bodies, cannot enter into the body of another human being. That should be obvious.

Satan did indeed indwell, or enter in Judas as per John 13:27.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Being influenced is not the same as being indwelt. Influence has to do with what a person thinks. But indwelling has to do with the body.
Satan did indeed indwell, or enter in Judas as per John 13:27.
Satan or the Serpent indwells ALL of us . . . see for yourself in this picture of an actual human brain.

Old 08-14-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
That is nothing more than a huge FALSE STATEMENT which has been THOROUGHLY PROVEN to be UNTRUE and I sincerely
question your motives behind sticking by such a FALSE STATEMENT...why would you do that??????? Why would you mislead people in such a way??????? What is your agenda??????
Reference is to post #115, and by extension, to post #122.

Attacks on the Bible come in many ways, and denying the Mosaic authorship of the Torah is one of them. You would take the word of liberal scholarship which has always tried to discredit the Bible instead of the internal evidence of the Bible itself. The first five books of the Bible were written by Moses.

Here is a good link on the subject which I am fairly certain is of no interest to the author of this post, but it may be of interest to others.

The Torah in Modern Scholarship

In post #122, I said the following.' Moses collected Israel's traditions and records to compose his work. This was done under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit which guaranteed the accuracy of the Torah. Although Joshua may have been directed by God to record the death of Moses, it is equally possible that God may have led Moses to write it in advance. God had revealed to Moses his approaching death'.

I will change that to Moses May have used historical records to assist him in writing parts of the Torah. To what extent he may or may not have used existing documentation cannot be said for certain. What is certain, is that Moses wrote the Torah under the supernatural agency of God the Holy Spirit

Oh yes. Jesus said that Moses wrote the Torah.

Old 08-14-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Satan or the Serpent indwells ALL of us . . . see for yourself in this picture of an actual human brain.
No, he does not. Satan is a created being and can only be in one place at a time. The old sin nature is not Satan. Satan has a vast army of fallen angels who followed him in his rebellion against God. And these fallen angels keep tabs on believers in order to collect information on them to take to Satan who from time to time takes that information and goes to heaven with it to accuse believers before God. Yes, that's right. Satan still has access to heaven. He will not be permanently expelled from heaven until the middle of the tribulation (Rev 12:7-17).

978 posts, read 1,871,615 times
Quote:
You will know them by their "Fruit"...if their fruit is rotten (condemning, judging, hateful, envious, etc.)...they are NOT IN CHRIST!
WOW! so true! Too many christians do not act or behave "Christ like". Unfortunately too many of their actions are actually "antichrist like".

Quote:
What is certain, is that Moses wrote the Torah under the supernatural agency of God the Holy Spirit
Oh yes. Jesus said that Moses wrote the Torah.
The appeal to magic and the supernatural to explain the obvious nonsense of dogma is the ultimate refuge of liars abd deceivers. Everything can be "explained" by appealing to God's ability to do ANYTHING. Very reasonable, logical and scholarly . . . NOT!.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or