U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2011, 10:58 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,398,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I have never read a more accurate description of your views and those of Twin, Mike and Finn. Virtually every corruptible human psychological weakness (jealousy, vengeance, wrath, etc.)that we are heir to YOU and Mike and Twin have assigned to God as His motives and actions. YOU and Mike and Twin have changed the "glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man."Too bad you are so averse to God's unconditional love and acceptance that you stoop to calling those who profess this love "depraved, debased, and ultimately, rejected.... amen !" God have mercy on your souls.
Wow! Just wow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 12:14 AM

20,323 posts, read 15,678,979 times
Quote:
I have never read a more accurate description of your views and those of Twin, Mike and Finn. Virtually every corruptible human psychological weakness (jealousy, vengeance, wrath, etc.)that we are heir to YOU and Mike and Twin have assigned to God as His motives and actions. YOU and Mike and Twin have changed the "glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man."Too bad you are so averse to God's unconditional love and acceptance that you stoop to calling those who profess this love "depraved, debased, and ultimately, rejected.... amen !" God have mercy on your souls.
In communicating His word, God allowed the use of Anthropopathisms which are language of acommodation in which human attributes which He doesn't really possess, such as anger, jealousy, wrath, hatred, etc.... are assigned to God in order to better communicate the policies of infinite God toward sin and evil, in terms which the finite mind of man can understand.

You have distorted God's character by emphasizing His love at the expense of His other attributes. All of God's attributes work together in perfect harmony, and no one attribute is exercised at the expense of any other of His attributes. So while God does have unconditional love toward the world, and personal love for the believer, God cannot allow His unconditional impersonal love for the unbeliever to compromise the function of His Justice and Righteousness in dealing with those who have rejected God's offer of eternal salvation. Therefore, the unbeliever remains under condemnation, and if he dies never having received Christ as Savior, he will spend eternity in the lake of fire.

You have denied the very gospel of salvation and replaced it with a false gospel of love. To be saved, a person must understand that he is a sinner, and under the penalty of death - separation from God, and that he is helpless to save himself. He must understand that Jesus Christ is God, and that He became a man, and went to the cross and died in his place . He must understand that Jesus died and rose again. Understanding these things, he must place his faith in Jesus Christ for eternal life.

In denying these things and claiming that eternal salvation results from loving God and each other, you have made a false claim pertaining to the eternal salvation of others. You mislead anyone who is foolish enough to believe you. There was no stooping involved in exposing you as a false teacher.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
God's word is a perfect balance of truth between God's undeserved love\ mercy \ grace\ just \ holy and salvation along with God's deserved wrath \ judgement \ condemnation \ damnation. This balance is well recorded in the OT between God's chosen people and those who oppose the chosen. Jesus repeatedly presented both truths.

IMO, some do not realize that when the message of "God is love" "Love never fails" can be used as anti-christ message when it is used to reject the balanced truth throughout the written word.

Likewise... there are some who use the all or part of the law as the means to which salvation is granted, it must be noted that that too was also one of the anti-christ cult messages that appeared early on which God warned about.
This is true. God does not compromise any one of His attributes in favor of any other of His attributes. God's love motivated Him to provide a judical means of salvation for man through the Atoning and redemptive work of Christ on the cross. This allows the Justice of God to save those who place their faith in Christ, and to leave in condemnation those who reject Christ. God continues to love those who are going to spend eternity in hell, but His Justice must continue to condemn them. God has no choice in the matter. He cannot compromise His holiness in favor of His love.

Those who ignore God's holiness and recognize only His love distort who and what God is.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:07 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,049,469 times
Quote:
Your whole message the false gospel you proclaim is nothing but the pure evil of Gnosticism, a subtle atheistic mysticism !

Oh, by the way, no worry, God has my soul and am so confident that His forgiveness, his beautiful mercy He has poured upon my soul through my loving Lord God and Savior, Jesus Christ, is A-OK !!

Thanks anyways, MysticPhD, yet, it is yourself I would be concerned about, as I recall you are 70+ years, right ??? You should definitely be rethinking and worrying about your own salvation and calling upon the mercy of God upon your own soul..... as one who believes and teaches heresy, Gnosticism, "such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.(1Tim.4:2)"

Even as Paul an apostle of our Lord Jesus Christ, wasn't pulling any punches either when he railed against the enemies of Gods truth, he spoke out against those who are trying to creep in with their anti-christ false teachings by trying to lead other's astray from God's truth to their fantasies of their heresies, and Gnosticism, such as yourself and other's here in this forum !!

As Paul was very concerned about the dangers of such anti-christ individuals, Twin, Mike, myself and other's are right there with our elder brother Paul against those who teach such evils.

God is trying to warn and lead some to repentance NOW for He knows what is ahead in the day of judgment for them.....

And for the record, I totally agree with brother Paul as he rightly called them depraved, debased, and ultimately, rejected.... and as we know the ones who are depraved, debased, and ultimately, rejected, it is plainly written when God speaks against His enemies, such anti-christ individuals were/will be destroyed as we see it is written in the word of God in the past and the future.... God does not change and He definitely is not a liar, He will do what He says He will do.... destroy all sin and that includes the ones who hold to the anti-christ message, which is the sin of unbelief !!

God's Final Message.....
“Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near.......
Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and the one who is holy, still keep himself holy.”
“Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done.
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”
Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city. Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying. “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.”
The Spirit and the bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost.
I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.
He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. (Rev.22:10-20)

Repent and be saved.... amen !!

Old 08-15-2011, 01:51 AM

17,813 posts, read 8,909,234 times
"Impressing the mind with a sense of grandeur or power is disdainfully prideful."

Old 08-15-2011, 04:58 AM

342 posts, read 459,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
"Only God is omnipresent" .... Jesus said, "where two or three are gathered together, there am I in the midst of them" (another example of where Jesus claims God only characteristics)

Every anti-christ cult message begins with one these as a platform:
  • Jesus is not God
  • Jesus did not rise physically from the dead
  • God is not triune
  • The Bible is not sufficient for salvation
  • Faith alone is not sufficient for salvation
  • Salvation is made available after physical death
God warns about such people who will creep into the family of believers for they truly live as enemies of the cross.
Keep Speaking the TRUTH

Old 08-15-2011, 05:08 AM

342 posts, read 459,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
The key here is subtle, Mike is saying that the holy spirit will not reveal anything he thinks isn't true. I believe that the holy spirit will not revwal anything contrary to Gods word, the problem is that what man has interpreted from the scriptures is not necessarily Gods word.
Well Said There are no contradictions in God's word....God is Love....He is also HOLY and JUST, He is Light..and...He is a consumming fire...Many aspects to God Character.....Repent of Sin, Fear God and Obey His commands, Turn to the Blood of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins....And YES....JESUS IS GOD

Old 08-15-2011, 08:45 AM

3,337 posts, read 2,485,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
In communicating His word, God allowed the use of Anthropopathisms which are language of acommodation in which human attributes which He doesn't really possess, such as anger, jealousy, wrath, hatred, etc.... are assigned to God in order to better communicate the policies of infinite God toward sin and evil, in terms which the finite mind of man can understand.

You have distorted God's character by emphasizing His love at the expense of His other attributes. All of God's attributes work together in perfect harmony, and no one attribute is exercised at the expense of any other of His attributes. So while God does have unconditional love toward the world, and personal love for the believer, God cannot allow His unconditional impersonal love for the unbeliever to compromise the function of His Justice and Righteousness in dealing with those who have rejected God's offer of eternal salvation. Therefore, the unbeliever remains under condemnation, and if he dies never having received Christ as Savior, he will spend eternity in the lake of fire.

You have denied the very gospel of salvation and replaced it with a false gospel of love. To be saved, a person must understand that he is a sinner, and under the penalty of death - separation from God, and that he is helpless to save himself. He must understand that Jesus Christ is God, and that He became a man, and went to the cross and died in his place . He must understand that Jesus died and rose again. Understanding these things, he must place his faith in Jesus Christ for eternal life.

In denying these things and claiming that eternal salvation results from loving God and each other, you have made a false claim pertaining to the eternal salvation of others. You mislead anyone who is foolish enough to believe you. There was no stooping involved in exposing you as a false teacher.
NO such thing as "Eternal Salvation"

Love conquers all, it is the very fulfilling of His ways, laws, and being.

Understanding what Jesus did, is no more than the devils. They believe and tremble. The difference is, they don't live love. They live pride, hate, and self.

Another false teaching is that Jesus is the Father (God). Which is a real puzzle, as Jesus said many things contrary to that false teaching.

I believe you are parroting false teaching that you bought into as a youth. Seek the Spirit directly, and undo the brainwashing that has infected your soul. You'll be a much better teacher.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
NO such thing as "Eternal Salvation"
Yes there is. It is eternal life through faith in Christ Jesus. Living in the presence of God forever with all of the blessing associated with it. Eternal life is the current possesion of anyone who has placed their faith in Christ though it won't be fully manifested until the believer dies physically and is in heaven.

Quote:
Love conquers all, it is the very fulfilling of His ways, laws, and being.
Love will not keep anyone from spending the eternal future in hell who has rejected Jesus Christ as Savior.

Quote:
Understanding what Jesus did, is no more than the devils. They believe and tremble. The difference is, they don't live love. They live pride, hate, and self.
There are certain things which must be understood about Christ and what He did on the cross before you can place your faith in Him for salvation. You have to know who it is you are placing your faith in, and you have to understand the issue in salvation. The spiritual life AFTER salvation should manifest love. Love is not the basis FOR eternal salvation.

Quote:
Another false teaching is that Jesus is the Father (God). Which is a real puzzle, as Jesus said many things contrary to that false teaching.
Of course Jesus Christ is not God the Father. God is triune. There are three Persons in the Godhead. God the Father is the First Person of the trinity. Jesus Christ is the Second Person of the trinity, and the Holy Spirit is the Third Person of the Godhead. All three Persons of the trinity are co-equal and co-eternal.

Quote:
I believe you are parroting false teaching that you bought into as a youth. Seek the Spirit directly, and undo the brainwashing that has infected your soul. You'll be a much better teacher.
You don't even understand what I believe as is evidenced by your statement that you thought that I believed that Jesus Christ is God the Father. My beliefs are what the word of God teaches. Namely, that God is triune, Jesus Christ is God the Son (Son of God), the Bible is the word of God, eternal salvation is through faith alone in Christ alone, those who die never having received Christ as Savior will spend the eternal future in the lake of fire, the believer goes to heaven the moment he dies, the rapture is pre-tribulational, Jesus Christ will return at the end of the tribulation and begin His Millennial reign which will give way to His eternal reign, etc...

No brainwashing here, no soul infections. Just truth.

Oh. And I just noticed on another thread that you called the rapture a false doctrine. You have no idea how foolish a statement that is. The Scriptures are clear that event we call the rapture is real and that it is pre-tribulational.

Last edited by Mike555; 08-15-2011 at 09:24 AM..

Old 08-15-2011, 09:24 AM

37,587 posts, read 25,288,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

More rationalizations and excuses. The distortion of God's character is in the attributes you assign to God using your "precepts and doctrines of men." Love is not an attribute of God. God IS LOVE . . . a distinction you seem not to be able to comprehend. Reading 1Cor 13 should have enabled you to see the error in your and your mentors' corrupt understanding of God's character . . . but apparently the indoctrination to dogma is too ingrained.
Quote:

THIS is a denial of Christ's very own commands and proclamation regarding what we must do to achieve eternal life (You know the verses . . . but apparently ignore them). He answered a direct question about it! . . . "Love God and each other." You ignore these commands and replace them with your "easy believism" concerns about dogma at your own peril. Teaching this denial of Christ's direct instruction in favor of your dogma adds to your soul's responsibility the additional burden of every soul you influence and convince. God help you to see the evil in your denial of Christ's direct instruction and the corruptions in your "precepts and doctrines of men."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or