U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2011, 04:20 PM

20,318 posts, read 15,670,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I honestly wasn't questioning his intelligence. Sorry if it came off that way, Mike. But, gathering from your 5 paragraph response to my yes/no question I'm guessing that, as Mystic says, you're not interested in understanding so I'll leave it alone.
Reference is to post #215.

My 5 paragraph response was a full answer to your yes/no question. I don't give yes/no responses. If you don't understand it, then you don't understand it. Nor am I surprised.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 05:00 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,686,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
This simple thing, the universalist cannot understand and so he rejects it. Not understanding and not respecting the holiness of God, the universalist claims that a loving God would never sentence anyone to hell.

Not really accurate. The use of the word Hell carries with it from your perpective of doctrine the implication that hell is an eternal separation from God. The issue is not a rejection of Gods judgments and laws, it always comes down to a rejection of what you believe on the matter.

That is not the same as rejecting God, and you know it.

You believe that a Holy God would not save all mankind, so really what is the difference in believing that?

Hell does exist and most people acknowledge that in translated form the bible contains that word. It is simply the definition of the word hell and the implications that is in disagreement.

I most likely will see Hell, if I haven;t already, but I also know Gods Character and he will never give up on me as it is eternally trustworthy to call upon the name of the Lord.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:55 PM

17,789 posts, read 8,896,463 times
Quote:
My 5 paragraph response was a full answer to your yes/no question. I don't give yes/no responses. If you don't understand it, then you don't understand it. Nor am I surprised.
Often times, the student believes he has become the master; yet he still has much to learn.

"Impressing the mind with a sense of grandeur or power is disdainfully prideful."

Old 08-15-2011, 07:05 PM

3,337 posts, read 2,484,738 times
Lucifer had pride. He fell.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:20 PM

17,789 posts, read 8,896,463 times
Quote:
You people don't believe in hell? To bad. It's still there, and many of you are still going.
An impersonation of John Hagee?

Old 08-15-2011, 10:41 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,394,235 times
Quote:
You people don't believe in hell? To bad. It's still there, and many of you are still going.
Prove hell exists....

Prove people go there after death for eternity...

I Hate to be blunt, but really..... Prove it.

If you can't prove it's as you say then is it worth saying? I don't have to believe in any hell that doesn't even exist. Just as it is useless to tell someone they will end up in a fictitional place to begin with!

What pleasure do you derive from spewing such nonsense?

Old 08-15-2011, 11:41 PM

11,825 posts, read 9,823,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Prove hell exists....

If you can't prove it's as you say then is it worth saying? I don't have to believe in any hell that doesn't even exist. Just as it is useless to tell someone they will end up in a fictitional place to begin with!

Actually the burden is more on you to prove that it doesn't.

The anti-christ message that is popular is that Jesus isn't 100% the truth.
You prove that Jesus didn't say John 3:36, Matthew 25:41-46, Rev 20 - 21 and any of the rest.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:22 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,394,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

You prove that Jesus didn't say John 3:36, Matthew 25:41-46, Rev 20 - 21 and any of the rest.
Huh?

I didn't hear him and I could very well write the same words in my Elbib and attribute them to anyone I want!

I have to prove that something that hasn't been proven is true?

My comment was specifically about hell. Prove that hell exists for people to go to...

If you can't prove that hell even exists, why bother telling people they are going there. Why bother even pondering a fate we have no way of poving even exists in the first place?

I'll tell you why people say others are going to hell... Arrogance, greed, selfishness and most of all, plain fear.

Old 08-16-2011, 02:32 AM

20,318 posts, read 15,670,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Prove hell exists....

Jesus said so. Paul said so. John said so. The word of God says so.

Is it worth saying? Yes. There are people who have sense enough to recognize truth. When given the information about their status before God as unbelievers, and the fact that they will be separated from God forever in the place that has come to commonly be called hell, but that Jesus Christ made it possible by means of His work on the cross to avoid having to go there, if they will place their faith in Christ for eternal life, some people will listen. They will receive Christ as Savior. They will have an eternal relationship with God.

What pleasure do I derive from giving people information so that they can be saved and not be eternally condemned? See the above paragraph.

The existence of hell isn't good news. That those who don't receive Christ as Savior will go there, isn't good news.

But the good news is that God did something about it. To understand why the good news is good, people must know something about the bad news that awaits them if they don't avail themselves of God's offer of salvation through faith alone in Christ alone.

It is my good pleasure to stand in the truth of the word of God and proclaim it to whoever will listen.

There are many people who will never believe what the Bible teaches. You for example not only do not believe in hell, you don't even believe in heaven. You don't believe in the existence of Satan, or in angels. You don't believe that Jesus Christ is God, and you don't believe that the Bible is the word of God. Yet, Jesus spoke of the reality of all of these things.

Old 08-16-2011, 04:35 AM

30,254 posts, read 20,007,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

I would say the despicable doctrine of men which as never entered the heart of God is for you to prove. What is the purpose of it and as it ever into your heart for you to do anything remotely like tormenting anyone eternally, whether they be in your eyes an unbeliever, sinner or heretic ?. If it's never entered yours i can guarantee you it's never entered God's,because his ways and thoughts are much higher not lower than ours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or