Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2011, 05:22 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I would say the despicable doctrine of men which as never entered the heart of God is for you to prove. What is the purpose of it and as it ever into your heart for you to do anything remotely like tormenting anyone eternally, whether they be in your eyes an unbeliever, sinner or heretic ?. If it's never entered yours i can guarantee you it's never entered God's,because his ways and thoughts are much higher not lower than ours.
Jesus said people reject God, and there will be those who reject him...and those people who reject him will have nothing but wrath\anger and damnation awaiting them.

The anti-christ message will oppose Jesus with an "instead" to Matthew 25:41-48, John 3:36, John 12:48, 1 Peter 2:7, 2 Timothy 3:8 ect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 06:32 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Jesus said people reject God, and there will be those who reject him...and those people who reject him will have nothing but wrath\anger and damnation awaiting them.

The anti-christ message will oppose Jesus with an "instead" to Matthew 25:41-48, John 3:36, John 12:48, 1 Peter 2:7, 2 Timothy 3:8 ect.
Religious Rhetoric.

Why don't you try and have a bash at answering my question ?

What is the purpose of it(eternal torment/torture), and as it ever entered into your heart to do anything remotely like tormenting anyone eternally, whether they be in your eyes an unbeliever, sinner or heretic ?. If it has not entered your heart, you can rest assured it has not entered God''s too.

Last edited by pcamps; 08-16-2011 at 06:58 PM..

Old 08-16-2011, 06:51 PM

33,220 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
The Truth lies in whether or not you believe what Jesus taught. Anyone can believe in the man Jesus but whether or not you follow His teachings as the way to the Kingdom of God is a different story. The Truth doesn't lie in the belief of the man, it lies in the teachings of the man. We are to follow Him. Follow His example, His life, His attributes. No one can be Jesus so why would He mean to follow Him if all you have is the belief that He existed. It takes more that believing in Him, you must believe in what He taught. Then go do it.

You always want people to follow you and adhere to your beliefs. Anyone who doesn't, won't get to heaven. You are the only one who believes the way you do. You are the only one on your path. Just because others don't agree with you, doesn't make them wrong. Just be Love to each other. Stop trying to make eveyone in YOUR image.
No it does not. Truth is truth whether you believe the truth or not. Because God is truth, truth is an absolute.

My beliefs? What do I believe? That Jesus Christ is God. That God is triune. That the Bible is the word of God. That eternal life is through faith alone in Christ alone. That the believer can never lose his salvation. That the believer goes to heaven upon physical death. That at death, the unbeliever goes first to the torments side of Hades, and ultimately to the lake of fire. That the rapture is pretribulational, etc... These are all basic teachings of true Chrsitianity.

People are free to believe what they want. But if they reject the truth that Jesus Christ is the only way to eternal life in the presence of God, if they don't receive Him as their personal Savior, then they will go to hell.

I present Biblical truth to those who will listen. Those such as you will not listen and prefer to believe in a false Jesus. The spirit you have listened to who is masquerading as Jesus through automatic writing is one who cannot save you because he is not the real Jesus. He is a demonic spirit. And his intentions are hostile, as he intends to deceive as he has deceived you.

And for you information, When the Bible says to believe in Christ, it means to place your faith in Christ for eternal salvation. It means to be persuaded by the gospel message under the common grace ministry of God the Holy Spirit that Jesus Christ is who He said He is, and to trust in Him for salvation.

Believing in Christ does not involve following His teachings. That is a matter of discipleship, not salvation. The believer, after having been saved through faith in Christ should want to grow spiritually. But whether he does or not, he is still eternally saved.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:31 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No it does not. Truth is truth whether you believe the truth or not. Because God is truth, truth is an absolute.

My beliefs? What do I believe? That Jesus Christ is God. That God is triune. That the Bible is the word of God. That eternal life is through faith alone in Christ alone. That the believer can never lose his salvation. That the believer goes to heaven upon physical death. That at death, the unbeliever goes first to the torments side of Hades, and ultimately to the lake of fire. That the rapture is pretribulational, etc... These are all basic teachings of true Chrsitianity.

People are free to believe what they want. But if they reject the truth that Jesus Christ is the only way to eternal life in the presence of God, if they don't receive Him as their personal Savior, then they will go to hell.

I present Biblical truth to those who will listen. Those such as you will not listen and prefer to believe in a false Jesus. The spirit you have listened to who is masquerading as Jesus through automatic writing is one who cannot save you because he is not the real Jesus. He is a demonic spirit. And his intentions are hostile, as he intends to deceive as he has deceived you.

And for you information, When the Bible says to believe in Christ, it means to place your faith in Christ for eternal salvation. It means to be persuaded by the gospel message under the common grace ministry of God the Holy Spirit that Jesus Christ is who He said He is, and to trust in Him for salvation.

Believing in Christ does not involve following His teachings. That is a matter of discipleship, not salvation. The believer, after having been saved through faith in Christ should want to grow spiritually. But whether he does or not, he is still eternally saved.
You present bible truth the way YOU see it. Not everyone agrees with you. You make it sound like you are the only one with absolute authority over who is or isn't getting into heaven. It's not your decision to make. You have been taught to believe in the bible and nothing else. If you were raised in a different country, you wouldn't believe in the bible. If you had jewish parents, you wouldn't believe in the bible. Jesus was and always will be Jewish, not christian. His teachings are christian but the man is jewish and what He taught was jewish. (I'm sure you'll twist it to your interpretation about His heritage)

God sees us as His children no matter what we believe. It's mankind who seperates based upon religious preferences. We aren't born religious. Religion is instilled in us from our parents or friends. God didn't create religion, He created Love out of Love. Love is the only religion we need to get into heaven. Love is what made us, not religion. Not christianity and certainly not the bible. You cannot get love from a book. You can read about it but the bible will never love you. Isn't the first commandment "Thou shalt have no other Gods before me"? When you put the bible first, you put that before God. You think everyone has to read and adhere to it. But I adhere to God. I adhere to His laws. The Law of Love being the highest Law. There is nothing evil or satanic about Love in absolute purity.

No matter. If you won't open your eyes now, you'll get the chance later. God loves us all and He'll wait throughout eternity for each of us to come to know Him and Love. Love is who you are, not religion. I won't read the bible again. Once was enough to know who God is without the horror attached. If you think Love can harm, then by all means, believe it.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:21 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Religious Rhetoric.

Why don't you try and have a bash at answering my question ?

What is the purpose of it(eternal torment/torture), and as it ever entered into your heart to do anything remotely like tormenting anyone eternally, whether they be in your eyes an unbeliever, sinner or heretic ?. If it has not entered your heart, you can rest assured it has not entered God''s too.
Psalm 11:5-6 (NIV 2010)
The LORD examines the righteous,
but the wicked, those who love violence,
he hates with a passion.

On the wicked he will rain
fiery coals and burning sulfur;
a scorching wind will be their lot.

God said "You will surely die" ....Genesis 2:17
"Truth is truth whether you believe the truth or not. Because God is truth, truth is an absolute." ... Mike

FYI..... YLT can't even be used as an "instead"

Psalm 11:5-6
"Jehovah the righteous doth try. And the wicked and the lover of violence,
Hath His soul hated
, He poureth on the wicked snares, fire, and brimstone, And a horrible wind [is] the portion of their cup."

Old 08-16-2011, 10:44 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
God warns about the anti-christ cult messages that will dwell within Christianity.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:45 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
God warns about the anti-christ cult messages that will dwell within Christianity.
Reverse the curse.

Last edited by Jerwade; 08-17-2011 at 12:16 AM..

Old 08-17-2011, 12:19 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
then the truth, all sin is paid for, is not dependent on whether or not you BELIEVE it is all paid for. Realizing it is paid is what causes the burden to be light. There cannot be a stipulation to believe in the truth in order for the truth to be true.

Quote:
So it really does nothing to aid humanity, this salvation, it only affects the believer?

It is the acting "like Christ" that is important!!! Not the belief!!!

Old 08-17-2011, 01:38 AM

11,895 posts, read 3,680,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
then the truth, all sin is paid for, is not dependent on whether or not you BELIEVE it is all paid for. Realizing it is paid is what causes the burden to be light. There cannot be a stipulation to believe in the truth in order for the truth to be true.

So it really does nothing to aid humanity, this salvation, it only affects the believer?

It is the acting "like Christ" that is important!!! Not the belief!!!
Oh yes absolutely!!!

I posted this passage in another thread

Rom 8:4 that the righteousness of the law may be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
Rom 8:5 For those who are according to the flesh, the things of the flesh do mind; and those according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit;
Rom 8:6 for the mind of the flesh is death, and the mind of the Spirit--life and peace;
Rom 8:7 because the mind of the flesh is enmity to God, for to the law of God it doth not subject itself,
Rom 8:8 for neither is it able; and those who are in the flesh are not able to please God.
Rom 8:9 And ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God doth dwell in you; and if any one hath not the Spirit of Christ--this one is not His;

Rom 8:10 and if Christ is in you, the body, indeed, is dead because of sin, and the Spirit is life because of righteousness,
Rom 8:11 and if the Spirit of Him who did raise up Jesus out of the dead doth dwell in you, He who did raise up the Christ out of the dead shall quicken also your dying bodies, through His Spirit dwelling in you.
Rom 8:12 So, then, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh;
Rom 8:13 for if according to the flesh ye do live, ye are about to die; and if, by the Spirit, the deeds of the body ye put to death, ye shall live;
Rom 8:14 for as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God;
Rom 8:15 for ye did not receive a spirit of bondage again for fear, but ye did receive a spirit of adoption in which we cry, `Abba--Father.'
Rom 8:16 The Spirit himself doth testify with our spirit, that we are children of God;

Rom 8:17 and if children, also heirs, heirs, indeed, of God, and heirs together of Christ--if, indeed, we suffer together, that we may also be glorified together.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:38 AM

33,220 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
You present bible truth the way YOU see it. Not everyone agrees with you. You make it sound like you are the only one with absolute authority over who is or isn't getting into heaven. It's not your decision to make.
Only those who believe the gospel message concerning Jesus Christ, and as a result, placing their faith in Christ will be saved from eternity in hell.

Spoken by Jesus:

John 14:6 'Jesus said to him, ''I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.'

John 8:24 ''I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am, you shall die in your sins.''

John 3:16 ''For God so loved the world, that He gave His uniquely born Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Spoken by John:

John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal lfe; but he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on Him.

Spoken by Paul and Silas:

Acts 16:31 ''...Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you shall be saved...''

Quote:
You have been taught to believe in the bible and nothing else. If you were raised in a different country, you wouldn't believe in the bible. If you had jewish parents, you wouldn't believe in the bible. Jesus was and always will be Jewish, not christian. His teachings are christian but the man is jewish and what He taught was jewish. (I'm sure you'll twist it to your interpretation about His heritage)
People from all over the world, from every country have believed in Christ. They have believed the gospel message. It is not a matter of Geography. It is a matter of responding to the Gospel.

Quote:
God sees us as His children no matter what we believe.
No, He does not. Only those who have believed in Christ for salvation are children of God, and that by adoption.

John 1:12 'But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name..

Quote:
It's mankind who seperates based upon religious preferences. We aren't born religious. Religion is instilled in us from our parents or friends. God didn't create religion, He created Love out of Love. Love is the only religion we need to get into heaven. Love is what made us, not religion. Not christianity and certainly not the bible.
Love will get no one into heaven. Only a personal decision to place your faith in Christ will save you.

Quote:
You cannot get love from a book. You can read about it but the bible will never love you. Isn't the first commandment "Thou shalt have no other Gods before me"? When you put the bible first, you put that before God.
To the contrary. When you disregard the Bible, you disregard God. The Bible is the word of God. God's message to man. It is only through the Bible that God's plan, will, and purpose for man can be known. The Bible contains the doctrines and principles by which spiritual growth is possible.

Quote:
You think everyone has to read and adhere to it. But I adhere to God. I adhere to His laws. The Law of Love being the highest Law. There is nothing evil or satanic about Love in absolute purity.
No. By ignoring His Justice and Righteousness, you have distorted the character of God. God's love did not provide salvation. It was only the motivator for His grace. It was His justice that provided salvation by imputing the sins of the world to Christ and judging those sins, so that anyone who will believe in Christ will be saved. But those who reject Christ remain under condemnation by the Justice of God. And they will spend eternity in the lake of fire.

Quote:
No matter. If you won't open your eyes now, you'll get the chance later. God loves us all and He'll wait throughout eternity for each of us to come to know Him and Love. Love is who you are, not religion. I won't read the bible again. Once was enough to know who God is without the horror attached. If you think Love can harm, then by all means, believe it.
My eyes are open. Your's are shut. If you don't open them before you die, there will be no chance for you afterwards. There will be only eternal separation from God in hell.

You will not believe what the Bible reveals about what is required for salvation? That is your choice. You must bear the consequences of your choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity