Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 03:32 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,703,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Ephesians 5:11
Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them
That does illustrate your understanding of Jesus and everything he demonstrated in His life. Mine begs to differ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 03:36 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,416,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
That does illustrate your understanding of Jesus and everything he demonstrated in His life. Mine begs to differ.
The word "anti" does not limit itself to the understanding of "against", but it also has the meaning of "instead".

When the truth claims absolutes like Ephesians 5:11, John 3:36,
John 3:20
... the anti-christ cult mesage offers an "instead" message

Old 08-10-2011, 04:03 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,703,513 times
Quote:
The word "anti" does not limit itself to the understanding of "against", but it also has the meaning of "instead".
Based on whim, right?

Old 08-10-2011, 04:14 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,180,583 times
Quote:
Modernism\ relativism currently by far is the largest anti-christ cult message that dwells within Christianity.

It totally denies sound doctrine for the "feel good only" misapplication of scripture when the truth is contrary to "God is love.. and nothing else matters"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Perhaps you would explain what you mean by "feel good"? Generally, people tend to mean "easy" when they say that. Personally, I find that having that old man (the one Luther reminded us is drowned and dead, but unfortunately floats really well) revealed and put down by Christ/love is not a comfortable or pain-free thing.

What about you, Christy? Have you found it to be a "feel-good", easy kind of thing?
I'd actually like an answer to that myself...for putting to death the old man/egoic/carnal nature of self is pretty frackin painful and at times extremely frustrating and in no way, shape or form can be construed as "feel good".

I'd also like to know, Twin, how this qualifies as a cult message when this is EXACTLY what we are taught in the bible we are supposed to be doing...but very few do, I might add

Old 08-10-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
And God has says those who persist in believing the anti-christ cult messages are already experiencing his judgement against them.
  • "For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie"
It's their fault:
  • "They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved."
Exactly "what lie" is it that you think we are believing Twin?????????? Is it that GOD IS LOVE....or that that you must crucify and put to death your carnal/egoic self???????

Considering these concepts are both found in scripture...I'm a might confused as to exactly what you believe in and how you can construe these as anti-christ cult messages.

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ MLK

Last edited by ChristyGrl; 08-10-2011 at 04:44 PM..

Old 08-10-2011, 04:58 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,416,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Based on whim, right?
Nope.

something that eludes most here...... learning from theologians who have had the correct theological training and understanding of the original languages therby use scripture correctly as taught by Jesus \ the Apostles \ and the OT writters.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:22 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,331,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Perhaps you would explain what you mean by "feel good"? Generally, people tend to mean "easy" when they say that. Personally, I find that having that old man (the one Luther reminded us is drowned and dead, but unfortunately floats really well) revealed and put down by Christ/love is not a comfortable or pain-free thing.

What about you, Christy? Have you found it to be a "feel-good", easy kind of thing?
My spirit agrees with both you and Christy. The "easy" way is to consider antichrist as "out there somewhere." But the flesh is more subtle than that. Christ within us bruises the Serpent within us, and Jesus showed us how to do it!

Blessings to you both,
Brian

Old 08-11-2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
My spirit agrees with both you and Christy. The "easy" way is to consider antichrist as "out there somewhere." But the flesh is more subtle than that. Christ within us bruises the Serpent within us, and Jesus showed us how to do it!

Blessings to you both,
Brian
Yes HE did!!! It's a shame the majority of Christianity missed it or perhaps they just choose to ignore it...it is definitely NOT the easy road to take. Just saying...

Old 08-11-2011, 06:59 AM

175 posts, read 173,530 times
From twin

Quote:
And God has says those who persist in believing the anti-christ cult messages are already experiencing his judgement against them.
  • "For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie"
It's their fault:
  • "They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved."
~

it's just strange to me that GOD sends, not only a delusion, but a strong delusion, and it is the recievers' fault..................

Old 08-11-2011, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boanerges View Post
From twin

~

it's just strange to me that GOD sends, not only a delusion, but a strong delusion, and it is the recievers' fault..................
Yeah...God not only makes man deluded, he then punishes him for that delusion. This megalomaniacal god is not the God I know.

If a passage of scripture completely goes against the nature of GOD THAT IS PURE UNCONDITIONAL AGAPE LOVE...it surely can be deemed as a man made interpolation IMHO and is ignored accordingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity