Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2011, 12:10 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Acts 4:12 says, "There is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved".

Salvation is not a man-made system or organization, but it is a gift of God. It was bought and paid for by the eternal Lamb of God, Jesus Christ, who was the infinite sacrifice.

He shed his blood on the cross for an infinite amount of sins so that we could come by faith and receive His free gift of salvation. That's why we call it 'good news'.
Amen.... saved33 !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 12:13 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
At least it can't be said you're not creative with a post.

That was existentially the same instead anti-christ message that Satan told Jesus.
Satan did his usual tactic, edited the written word just enough to make God saying something that he didn't.

Satan's anti-christ version of Psalm 91:11-12 (NIV1984)
For it is written: “‘He will command his angels concerning you
to guard you carefully;
they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
God's version of Psalm 91:11-12
For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
Satan can and does use the message of love to his advantage....he over emphasizes it where God does not.

Old 08-20-2011, 12:36 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Satan can and does use the message of love to his advantage....he over emphasizes it where God does not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Now we have fundies extolling love as part of Satan's demonic arsenal against God! The irrational lengths fundies will go to retain their beliefs in ancient ignorance and defend their beliefs in the demonic attributes of a jealous, vengeful, wrathful God.

Old 08-20-2011, 02:33 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I have never said that God's love is Satanic. I said that you are distorting God's love by over-emphasizing it to the exclusion of His Holiness. In so doing, you have impugned God's character. You reject the reality of the demands of God's Righteousness which is the principle of God's holiness, and the Justice of God which is the function of God's holiness. You have set aside as unimportant God's holiness and molded God into your image of a god who only loves and never punishes.

In rejecting the truth of Gods Word, you became receptive to the doctrines of cosmos diabolicus - Satan's world system. You have rejected the reality of the unbelievers eternal separation from God. You have rejected the reality of the lake of fire. You have rejected God's revelation of Himself in His written word.

Now, once again, God's love is not Satanic. Distorting God's character by ignoring God's holiness and therefore over emphasizing God's love and claiming that a loving God would never send the unbeliever to hell, is Satanically inspired.

You have imagined a false god who will save everyone, rather than the true God who has revealed in His written Word who and what He is.
Fortunately for me and many others...that IS NOT OUT REALITY...for God has revealed that it is a LIE. Of course, you don't even believe that the spirit reveals anything to us these days...which is probably why you have never heard from it. Spend some time WITHIN Mike...you will learn something that will change your world and make you a much more loving person.

Old 08-20-2011, 03:00 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Now we have fundies extolling love as part of Satan's demonic arsenal against God! The irrational lengths fundies will go to retain their beliefs in ancient ignorance and defend their beliefs in the demonic attributes of a jealous, vengeful, wrathful God.
Do you want the Good News or the bad news ? message always causes a love in amongst fundies.

“If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even ‘sinners’ love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even ‘sinners’ do that.

Old 08-20-2011, 03:10 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
An adversarial system of religion accentuates differences and promotes conflict between people; creating wars in the name of God.
Not much love in that, rather hateful if you ask me.
Here is what Jesus said about this matter:

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

“Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me

Old 08-20-2011, 03:14 PM

267 posts, read 297,052 times
Quote:
2 Corinthians 4:4: "The god of this age {Satan} has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
In my view,the god of the age as blinded the unbelieving fundamentalist too ,because the good news they believe in is not the good news of the scriptures.Believe or else, God hates sinners,99% of the lot of you will end in in eternal terror unless you are one of the few saved is is not good news.

Mat 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it."

Does this not cause you pause to consider your current course?

If I am following the most broadly accepted, nondenominational, MEGA church, accept any lifestyle, form of Christianity, is this the narrow gate? Am I going to be one of the few or the many?

If there are actually a few entering in the narrow gate, might they look like a cult to the ones on the broad way leading off to destruction? Can we be so complacent to follow the masses without closely examining whether the doctrines they teach are in accord with the Bible?

Mat 7:21-23
"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

If there are actually a few entering in the narrow gate, might they look like a cult to the ones on the broad way leading off to destruction? Can we be so complacent to follow the masses without closely examining whether the doctrines they teach are in accord with the Bible?

We see how this fervent practitioner of what he THOUGHT was the right path is rejected by Jesus. On what basis was he rejected? It is implied that all though he did all these good works in Jesus name, he was not doing the will of the Father.

Old 08-20-2011, 03:19 PM

267 posts, read 297,052 times
Quote:
2 Corinthians 4:4: "The god of this age {Satan} has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
In my view,the god of the age as blinded the unbelieving fundamentalist too ,because the good news they believe in is not the good news of the scriptures.Believe or else, God hates sinners,99% of the lot of you will end in in eternal terror unless you are one of the few saved is is not good news.

Mat 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it."

Does this not cause you pause to consider your current course?

If I am following the most broadly accepted, nondenominational, MEGA church, accept any lifestyle, form of Christianity, is this the narrow gate? Am I going to be one of the few or the many?

Mat 7:21-23
"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

We see how this fervent practitioner of what he THOUGHT was the right path is rejected by Jesus. On what basis was he rejected? It is implied that all though he did all these good works in Jesus name, he was not doing the will of the Father.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 08-20-2011, 04:44 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

Believing in Christ does not involve following His teachings. That is a matter of discipleship, not salvation. The believer, after having been saved through faith in Christ should want to grow spiritually. But whether he does or not, he is still eternally saved.
By your Logic even the Devils and Anti Christ are saved.

Though they believe and tremble.....

You should tremble, cuz your BELIEF system is broken.

Old 08-20-2011, 04:50 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity