U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-26-2011, 09:27 PM
 
4,491 posts, read 2,728,945 times
Reputation: 1260

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
OT ignorance about the origin of the emotion of jealousy! God has no weaknesses, human or otherwise. Believing He has human weaknesses of any kind is blasphemy born of ancient ignorance.
Absolutely!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-26-2011, 09:32 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,965 posts, read 3,615,701 times
Reputation: 1553
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
OT ignorance about the origin of the emotion of jealousy! God has no weaknesses, human or otherwise. Believing He has human weaknesses aany kind is blasphemy born of ancient ignorance.
Yeah, I never could understand how the most high God supposedly had all the weaknesses of a man. Turns out, he doesn't. But I remember asking my sister once, (very sincerely) why it was okay for God to be jealous since that is a negative thing. She told me (sincerely) that God is above the law. I was still in bondage to ignorance then, but asking honest questions is KEY to finding FREEDOM in CHRIST. Fear does not allow its victims to ask any questions. Fear creates lemmings and cowards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2011, 09:43 PM
 
1,263 posts, read 642,081 times
Reputation: 169
Jealous, adjective -meaning 'feeling or showing suspicion of someone's unfaithfulness in a relationship'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2011, 09:45 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 5,060,247 times
Reputation: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Yeah, I never could understand how the most high God supposedly had all the weaknesses of a man. Turns out, he doesn't. But I remember asking my sister once, (very sincerely) why it was okay for God to be jealous since that is a negative thing. She told me (sincerely) that God is above the law. I was still in bondage to ignorance then, but asking honest questions is KEY to finding FREEDOM in CHRIST. Fear does not allow its victims to ask any questions. Fear creates lemmings and cowards.
And sychophantic yes men who disregard all reason and common sense in favor of remaining entrinched in their superstitious traditional programming. ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2011, 09:46 PM
 
1,263 posts, read 642,081 times
Reputation: 169
God has feelings, not weaknesses. How could he love us if he didn't have feelings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2011, 09:54 PM
 
26,155 posts, read 13,913,238 times
Reputation: 4434
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Jealous, adjective -meaning 'feeling or showing suspicion of someone's unfaithfulness in a relationship'.
Suspicion requires ignorance not omniscience. Jealousy is an entirely human weakness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
God has feelings, not weaknesses. How could he love us if he didn't have feelings?
God doesn't have the feelings of love . . . God IS Love! Pure unconditional Love. For the description of that kind of love see 1 Cor 13.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2011, 09:56 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 5,060,247 times
Reputation: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
God has feelings, not weaknesses. How could he love us if he didn't have feelings?
Humans naturally try to define God by human traits and or characteristics, though students of the mysteries recognize the antropomorphic and antropopathic symbolism that is employed by the mystery traditions in order to communicate the abstractions of divinity to the laity ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2011, 10:10 PM
 
5,501 posts, read 2,908,150 times
Reputation: 5134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Yeah, I never could understand how the most high God supposedly had all the weaknesses of a man. Turns out, he doesn't. But I remember asking my sister once, (very sincerely) why it was okay for God to be jealous since that is a negative thing. She told me (sincerely) that God is above the law. I was still in bondage to ignorance then, but asking honest questions is KEY to finding FREEDOM in CHRIST. Fear does not allow its victims to ask any questions. Fear creates lemmings and cowards.
If you received a jumbled comment on rep...sorry, I kept clicking the wrong buttons before I could makes sense of it.
I could not and still does not understand why man made religion makes it fearful to truly understand God's message of unconditional love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2011, 10:16 PM
 
1,263 posts, read 642,081 times
Reputation: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
God doesn't have the feelings of love . . . God IS Love! Pure unconditional Love. For the description of that kind of love see 1 Cor 13.
Of course God IS love. And He's also a God that hates, disciplines and punishes. You can discount the Bible all you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2011, 12:11 AM
 
9,146 posts, read 3,704,016 times
Reputation: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Who is your god, MysticPhD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The God of Jesus Christ the Father of us all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $94,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:51 AM.

© 2005-2015, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 - Top