U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 08-27-2011, 01:25 AM
 
7,455 posts, read 2,645,121 times
Reputation: 624

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Of course God IS love. And He's also a God that hates, disciplines and punishes. You can discount the Bible all you want.
Love and hate are emotional responses within the human mind; but true love and hate cannot cohabitate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-27-2011, 03:56 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,966 posts, read 2,958,169 times
Reputation: 1523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Love and hate are emotional responses within the human mind; but true love and hate cannot cohabitate.
"If the gLove does not fit, you must acquit." - the late Johnny Cochran
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2011, 06:35 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 3,346,649 times
Reputation: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you can, then why haven't you done so already? People die every day in all kinds of violent incidents.
Do you not understand? We change our surroundings, not the entire world. Each person is responsible for their own surroundings. Keep preaching that negativity and your surroundings will remain negative. Spread the Love and watch how the light opens your heart to peace and joy. Spread the love, not fear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2011, 10:42 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
35,419 posts, read 12,644,320 times
Reputation: 4408
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You claim God is jealous . . . that implies that we are jealous BECAUSE we were created in His image. The problem with that view is that we are jealous because we have human weaknesses . . . but God does NOT. Therefore God cannot be jealous . . . just one of the many human weaknesses you believe God possesses.
Please refrain from selling your own words as mine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2011, 10:46 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
35,419 posts, read 12,644,320 times
Reputation: 4408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Do you not understand? We change our surroundings, not the entire world. Each person is responsible for their own surroundings. Keep preaching that negativity and your surroundings will remain negative. Spread the Love and watch how the light opens your heart to peace and joy. Spread the love, not fear.
I said YOU cannot change THE NATURE OF MAN, and I stick to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2011, 01:26 PM
 
23,053 posts, read 11,149,070 times
Reputation: 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Of course God IS love. And He's also a God that hates, disciplines and punishes. You can discount the Bible all you want.
God does NOT hate despite the ancient ignorance that attributed such human weakness to Him. You can continue to discount the accumulated psychological knowledge about the origins of these human emotions and continue to believe in a weak human-like God supported by ancient ignorance all you want. But ignorance remains ignorance whether or not it is deliberate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2011, 01:30 PM
 
23,053 posts, read 11,149,070 times
Reputation: 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You claim God is jealous . . . that implies that we are jealous BECAUSE we were created in His image. The problem with that view is that we are jealous because we have human weaknesses . . . but God does NOT. Therefore God cannot be jealous . . . just one of the many human weaknesses you believe God possesses. Sin is both, Finn. Our animal nature (Serpent) is indiscriminate. It is without thought and makes no distinctions between good or evil, right or wrong. It is entirely focused unthinkingly on our survival and the pursuit of pleasure and the avoidance of pain. We have to discriminate for it and choose which drives to respond to and how.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Please refrain from selling your own words as mine
I do no such thing and you know it, Finn. You believe in a jealous God. That makes your God a weak human-like God. As I said to saved33:
"You can continue to discount the accumulated psychological knowledge about the origins of these human emotions and continue to believe in a weak human-like God supported by ancient ignorance all you want. But ignorance remains ignorance whether or not it is deliberate. "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2011, 03:11 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
35,419 posts, read 12,644,320 times
Reputation: 4408
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I do no such thing and you know it, Finn. You believe in a jealous God. That makes your God a weak human-like God. As I said to saved33:
"You can continue to discount the accumulated psychological knowledge about the origins of these human emotions and continue to believe in a weak human-like God supported by ancient ignorance all you want. But ignorance remains ignorance whether or not it is deliberate. "
Please refrain from selling your own words as mine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2011, 03:46 PM
 
23,053 posts, read 11,149,070 times
Reputation: 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Please refrain from selling your own words as mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I do no such thing and you know it, Finn. You believe in a jealous God. That makes your God a weak human-like God. As I said to saved33:
"You can continue to discount the accumulated psychological knowledge about the origins of these human emotions and continue to believe in a weak human-like God supported by ancient ignorance all you want. But ignorance remains ignorance whether or not it is deliberate. "
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Please refrain from selling your own words as mine
Enough is enough! Here . . . read your own words claiming God is jealous. I am tired of your dissembling and lies.

"Love God", part deux

The parable of the Labourers in the vinyard ... The fist shall be the last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2011, 05:24 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
35,419 posts, read 12,644,320 times
Reputation: 4408
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Enough is enough! Here . . . read your own words claiming God is jealous. I am tired of your dissembling and lies.
I am simply requesting that you would not present your own conclusions as my arguments. Is that too much to ask for? Apparently so, because now you are accusing me of lying about something.

Conversation over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top