Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2011, 10:48 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Trying to bait me into continued arguing doesn't work. Having spoken the truth, I am now done with this.

I am not baiting you.

How am I disregaurding what the scriptures say while using the scriptures to make my point? YOU may disagree with the conclusions I believe, but that is not the same as disregaurding what the scriptures say.

But you will not be able to demonstrate that I disregaurd what the scriptures say, you will only be able to demonstrate that I see a different analysis of them, it is as simple as that.

How is that baiting you Mike? Is it baiting someone to show where they are in error and have a dialog over what is disagreed about.

Your parting comments are always "You reject the truth" but you are misunderstanding the issue of your own beliefs. I can say the same thing, "Your rejecting the truth Mike" it carries just as much weight as you saying the same thing.

So if my comment to you means little, so does yours.

I don;t even have a problem with an agreement to disagree over the matter, but you simpyl cannot maintain a discussion without a false accusation of someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 11:26 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
You don't even know Jesus. You have believed in a false Christ.
How do you know it isn't that person but you who believes in a false Christ? If I look at what Christ preached, I see a someone who didn't dwell in pointing fingers at others. Instead He focused on "self". No?

Old 08-11-2011, 12:06 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
My spirit agrees with both you and Christy. The "easy" way is to consider antichrist as "out there somewhere." But the flesh is more subtle than that. Christ within us bruises the Serpent within us, and Jesus showed us how to do it!

Blessings to you both,
Brian
I agree. The process of destroying the anti-Christ would have to be a universal experience that happens within each person. There's no way it could be otherwise. The big deception is to look outside your personal temple for the "bad guy". The enemy is within, just as Christ is within.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:18 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I agree. The process of destroying the anti-Christ would have to be a universal experience that happens within each person. There's no way it could be otherwise. The big deception is to look outside your personal temple for the "bad guy". The enemy is within, just as Christ is within.

Exactly! And we're all connected.
Love your neighbor as yourself.
We're all connected.
Seeing others as the enemy. Hurting another who you deem to be "the enemy" and in reality, it's like you are cutting off your own arm.
People just aren't getting it that we are all individuals but we are all one.
Creation is in such a state of disharmony because this truth has not been realized. There are no external "enemies". The enemy is WITHIN, just as you said!
Love is what conquers the enemy. Love conquering that within us that needs to be conquered.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:30 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I couldn't have said it better myself...I am truly blessed by people like, Heartsong & Sparrow, on this forum. It makes it worthwhile for me to see that not everyone thinks I follow a "false" Christ...and it is a blessing to see the true message of what Jesus taught brought to life!!!!!

Old 08-11-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
You don't even know Jesus. You have believed in a false Christ. I already know that God is love. God is also, holy, holy, holy. And God speaks more of His holiness than He does His love. And He will judge both believers (for the purpose of rewards), and unbelievers for the purpose of degree of punishment in the lake of fire (Revelation 20:11-15).

Now as with the other poster, further dialog with you is pointless. You have rejected Biblical truth for cosmic doctrines. You can do your arguing with those who want to waste their time arguing. I have stated the truth and that is enough. And no, just in case you attempt to make the claim, I did not say that it is a cosmic doctrine that God is love.
OK, Mike...I guess now you're God Almighty and know what's in a persons heart...how judgmental, arrogant and unloving you are to presume to know anything about the relationship I have with my creator. The last time I checked scripture...God said that was a big NO NO, so perhaps you don't know scripture as well as you profess to.

Proverbs 23:7 For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.

Matthew 7:3 Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

Old 08-11-2011, 01:32 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Those who continue to quote the Bible but yet reject it...or calling others Bible worshipers or what ever is comical.

You actually think people are going to take that seriously?

whoopie ... so you can copy and post. http://http.cdnlayer.com/cf/images/smilies/clap.gif (broken link)

Old 08-11-2011, 01:35 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
How do you differentiate between "training" and "indoctrination"? Or, do you even care?
I can't help it that the anti-christ cult message functions from "indoctrination".
That's probably why theologically trained people like Paul exposed them.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:07 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I can't help it that the anti-christ cult message functions from "indoctrination".
That's probably why theologically trained people like Paul exposed them.
Then rest easy... Paul was the anti-Christ.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Those who continue to quote the Bible but yet reject it...or calling others Bible worshipers or what ever is comical.

You actually think people are going to take that seriously?

whoopie ... so you can copy and post.

Who has rejected it???????? Just because we disagree on the interpretation doesn't mean we reject it...don't you get that???????

And yes...if one puts what the bible says above what the spirit reveals to one...what else can that person be called but A BIBLE WORSHIPER!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity