U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2011, 10:55 AM

2,705 posts, read 2,335,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
The potential saviour of the world is an anti-christ doctrine.
Can you elaborate on this? I don't understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 11:16 AM

6,042 posts, read 3,525,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Can you elaborate on this? I don't understand.
scripture testifies He is the saviour of the world, most doctrine state He will not save the world, making Him only the potential saviour of the world.

Every other doctrine that states anything less then the saviour of the world is anti-christ doctrine.

ET states He is the saviour of the world, then turn around and do everything they can to show that He is not. Making Him only the potential saviour of the world.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:17 AM

51,993 posts, read 27,686,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Actually, Finn, if you think about it, it's pretty awesome how God will ALWAYS expose the TRUTH of those who are not his children.

It's pretty awesome how God put this thread on Twin.spin heart so that...... "God can warn about the anti-christ cult message that will dwell within Christianity."

They eventually will expose themselves in who they really are...... and people, lurkers, those who are just reading and are not posting are not stupid to not see the heart of those who truly do not follow our Lord God and Savior, Jesus Christ, heck a child can see and understand such behavior and attitudes are foolishness..... and are not of God !!!

God is ALWAYS faithful.... amen !!!
Galantians 5:7 You were running a good race. Who cut in on you to keep you from obeying the truth? That kind of persuasion does not come from the one who calls you. “A little yeast works through the whole batch of dough.” I am confident in the Lord that you will take no other view. The one who is throwing you into confusion, whoever that may be, will have to pay the penalty. Brothers and sisters, if I am still preaching circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been abolished. As for those agitators, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate themselves!

Old 08-28-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
scripture testifies He is the saviour of the world, most doctrine state He will not save the world, making Him only the potential saviour of the world.

Every other doctrine that states anything less then the saviour of the world is anti-christ doctrine.

ET states He is the saviour of the world, then turn around and do everything they can to show that He is not. Making Him only the potential saviour of the world.
He is the saviour of the world, because there are no other saviours. It is His title. It does not mean He will save people against their will.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:32 AM

2,705 posts, read 2,335,448 times
Quote:

Never mind.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:41 PM

14,713 posts, read 7,487,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The timid or fearful refuse to "think" for themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Listen to yourselves.... You sure have a very low opinon of people around you, while having a very high opinion of yourselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
God always has the rebuttal:

" Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? .. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Actually, Finn, if you think about it, it's pretty awesome how God will ALWAYS expose the TRUTH of those who are not his children.

It's pretty awesome how God put this thread on Twin.spin heart so that...... "God can warn about the anti-christ cult message that will dwell within Christianity."
They eventually will expose themselves in who they really are...... and people, lurkers, those who are just reading and are not posting are not stupid to not see the heart of those who truly do not follow our Lord God and Savior, Jesus Christ, heck a child can see and understand such behavior and attitudes are foolishness..... and are not of God !!!

God is ALWAYS faithful.... amen !!!
"Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD.
And the craftiness of men will be seen for what it is; foolishness,
lacking sound judgment.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
"And the craftiness of men will be seen for what it is; foolishness, lacking sound judgment.
The problem with you guys, and URs in general, is that you have declared that you have sound judgment while those who don't agree with you are fools who lack sound judgement.

Don't you see the problem with that attitude?

Old 08-28-2011, 01:25 PM

8,430 posts, read 7,860,021 times
Quote:
The problem with you guys, and URs in general, is that you have declared that you have sound judgment while those who don't agree with you are fools who lack sound judgement.

Don't you see the problem with a savior of the world who doesn't actually save the world. Let us reason... Is he savior to the world or of the world. That ALL the world should be saved or that some can (save themselves by choice) if they want?

Is there a reason (other than ET cult-ism) that makes you believe he will not save all the world?

Old 08-28-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
"Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD.
And the craftiness of men will be seen for what it is; foolishness,
lacking sound judgment.
Quote:

How exactly does it happen, Finn, that normal human beings, all endowed with that of a conscience, having an awareness of individual responsibility for their judgments and choices
manage to justify in their own eyes the most inhuman atrocities and acts of self-righteousness without running into intolerable cognitive dissonance within their own supreme values?

(This is a question that ALL OF US, should be asking ourselves?)

Old 08-28-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I was very fearful to question any of the doctrines I had been taught, for most of my life. That's sort of the nature of the beast ... you are taught that by questioning those doctrines, you are actually questioning God and therefore risk God's horrible (beyond imagination) wrath, so of course you are too fearful to do so.

But it's intersesting to me, personally, that this whole issue of fear has been brought up. I've really had to face the fact that in spite of not being afraid of God anymore (which is a great freedom), fear still has control of my life in other areas. And I know that that fear is keeping me from living life in a way that I am loving others the way I desire to.

Fear, imo, really is the antithesis of LOVE and therefore it IS the anti-Christ "message", however it gets dressed up by each of us. I suspect that it dwells in all of us, to some extent -- whether it is in the area of religious dogma, or other areas of our lives. Seems like if we all recognized the fear in ourselves, we'd have more compassion for how it manifests in others.

for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
Fear is NOT from God but it's something I think we all have to strive to overcome by the Spirit (of power, love and self-control), while having patience with ourselves and each other for those areas where it hasn't yet been overcome.

Just something that's been on my mind.
A breath of fresh air, not stagnate.
Thank you, Pleroo, for your insightfulness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity