U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2011, 01:54 PM

51,944 posts, read 27,640,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Is there a reason (other than ET cult-ism) that makes you believe he will not save all the world?
Jesus aka "the saviour" said He will save those who believe in Him.

That's enough for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
How exactly does it happen, Finn, that normal human beings, all endowed with that of a conscience, having an awareness of individual responsibility for their judgments and choices
manage to justify in their own eyes the most inhuman atrocities and acts of self-righteousness without running into intolerable cognitive dissonance within their own supreme values?

(This is a question that ALL OF US, should be asking ourselves?)
You are not willing to answer? That's ok. I am not surprised you do not see the problem with that attitude.

Have a nice day.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:12 PM

14,699 posts, read 7,470,565 times
Quote:
How exactly does it happen, Finn, that normal human beings, all endowed with that of a conscience, having an awareness of individual responsibility for their judgments and choices
manage to justify in their own eyes the most inhuman atrocities and acts of self-righteousness without running into intolerable cognitive dissonance within their own supreme values?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are not willing to answer? That's ok. I am not surprised you do not see the problem with that attitude.

Have a nice day.
Don't you see the problem with that attitude?

"The tendency to personalize the impersonal comes from the disposition of an individual who takes everything personally."

Last edited by Jerwade; 08-28-2011 at 02:31 PM..

Old 08-28-2011, 03:01 PM

1 Samuel 2:3 "Do not keep talking so proudly or let your mouth speak such arrogance, for the LORD is a God who knows, and by him deeds are weighed.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:47 PM

14,699 posts, read 7,470,565 times
Quote:
1 Samuel 2:3 "Do not keep talking so proudly or let your mouth speak such arrogance, for the LORD is a God who knows, and by him deeds are weighed.
Thank you, for that verse, Finn.

"A double standard of weights and dishonest scales are no good."

Old 08-28-2011, 04:08 PM

463 posts, read 356,328 times
There are some who prefer to say what Paul says rather than keep the son of man's/ the Lords commands.You can tell who follows the truth by there word's/ there fruit.The son of man/son of God is the truth as He says, "Father your word is truth" and we know by scripture He is the word made flesh.I'll refer you to the message that I accepted, given to me by my Father from my brothers(the prophet's).

Proverbs) The just mans mouth speaks wisdom, and his tongue does what is right.The law of his God is in his heart and he will never stumble.

Psalm 119:55
Blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the Lord.

Psalm
I remember your name in the night, O Lord, and keep your law.
Psalm 119:77
Let your mercy come to me, that I may live; for your law is my joy.
Psalm 119:142
Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and your law is the truth
Psalm 119:174
I long for your salvation, O Lord, and your law is my joy.

Proverbs:
My son, pay attention to my words, incline your ear to my sayings ;
Don’t let them slip out of your sight, keep them within your heart;
For they are life to those who find them, to man's whole being they are health.

The fear of the Lord prolongs life, and the words of the upright save them.

The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life and those who walk uprightly fear the Lord.

The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life and happy is he who is kind to the poor.

The Lord’s delight is those who speak the truth, and those who speak what is right he loves

The Lord is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the just .

The ear that hears, and the eye that sees - the Lord has made them both.

The oppression of the wicked will sweep them away, because they refuse to do what is right.

Those who pursues justice and kindness will find truth and life.

Those who fear the Lord walk uprightly.

Bk of JN:
No one can see the reign of God without being born from above.
No one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit.
Flesh makes flesh ,spirit makes spirit.

No one has gone up to heaven except the one who has come down from heaven, the Son of Man.

Isaiah:
Look in the book of the Lord and read: No one of these shall be lacking, For the mouth of the Lord has ordered it, and his spirit shall gather them there.

Observe what is right, do what is just, for my salvation is about to come, my justice about to be revealed, blessed is the man who does this, the son of man who holds to it.

JN:
I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst.
Everything that the Lord gives me will come to me, and I will not reject anyone who comes to me,
because I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of the one who sent me.

I am the gate to heaven. Anyone who enters through me will be saved.

"Elijah shall truly come and he will restore everything". This scripture is fulfilled in me.

"The Advocate the Holy Spirit, He will instruct you in everything, and remind you of all that I told you". This is fulfilled in me.

"When the Advocate comes whom I will send you from the Father, the Spirit of truth that proceeds from the Father, he will testify to me,And you also testify, because you have been with me from the beginning.
When he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to all truth. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to you the things that are coming.
He will glorify me, because he will take from what is mine and declare it to you". This is fulfilled in me.

The reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth".The word of the Lord is truth.

I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Lord except through me. The Lord and I are ONE. Peace be with you.

Last edited by Princely; 08-28-2011 at 04:21 PM..

Old 08-28-2011, 04:14 PM

7,374 posts, read 6,786,308 times
Quote:

Leave it to fundamentalists to try to make a person feel guilty for disagreeing with eternally torturing most people for ever, and to defend eternal violence and suffering of most of humanity as the good and righteous and holy justice of God.

What ravenous wolves we are who dare declare that Christ is the savior of every person. How dare we declare his victory over all sin and death throughout the entire creation and in the lives of all creatures. How dare we believe that he makes everything new?

Ill tell you how we dare, because we are confident in the living God who will have all people to be saved, regardless of whether or not our enemies would like see us damned for ever and tortured endlessly for it.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 08-28-2011 at 04:25 PM..

Old 08-28-2011, 04:20 PM

4,881 posts, read 4,828,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Love does not threaten.
Love does not torture.
Love is kind, gentle, patient, long-suffering, keeps no record of wrongs.
Love perseveres. Love conquers all.

The good news really is... GOOD NEWS.
I guess some would rather hear BAD NEWS than the GOOD NEWS that GOD IS LOVE. Go figure...

Old 08-28-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Leave it to fundamentalists to try to make a person feel guilty for disagreeing with eternally torturing most people for ever, and to defend eternal violence and suffering of most of humanity as the good and righteous and holy justice of God.
We are not talking about disagreements about judgment, we are talking about the attitude which produces comments like this " many believers are simply profane, they are in many way like cattle, and are only able to chew the cud they are fed by their handlers. They are literally unable to think critically for themselves or to even begin to question their programming. Trying to make them understand is like trying make a cow sing a song and dance a *** to it." - Ironmaw1776

Old 08-28-2011, 04:29 PM

4,881 posts, read 4,828,294 times
Quote:
Love doesn't kill, yet we all die....

Love doesn't torture, yet we have torture.....

Love doesn't create war, yet we have war.....

Love doesn't create disease, yet we have disease.....

Love doesn't make ice cream, yet we have ice cream.....

Love didn't create evil, yet we have evil....

Love didn't create wrath, yet the Bible says there will be wrath for those who reject the Lord
And as long as people live through their egoic/carnal selves...we will continue to engage in torture, war, disease, evil, etc.

Quote:
Just because love exists, does not mean everything else is automatically eliminated.
But everything else will be eliminated once ALL people live in and through love...instead of their egoic/carnal selves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity