U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2011, 04:32 PM

51,881 posts, read 27,576,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
And as long as people live through their egoic/carnal selves...we will continue to engage in torture, war, disease, evil, etc.
But everything else will be eliminated once ALL people live in and through love...instead of their egoic/carnal selves.
Eventually the righteous will live in a perfect world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 04:55 PM

4,881 posts, read 4,823,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Eventually the righteous will live in a perfect world.
Eventually ALL will live in a perfect world...that is God's Evolutionary Consciousness Plan...and He will not fail.

Old 08-28-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Eventually ALL will live in a perfect world...that is God's Evolutionary Consciousness Plan...and He will not fail.
Not according to the Bible. There will be two groups of people and one group (see blue below) will inherit the new heaven and new earth, but the other group will not be allowed in (see maroon below).

Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” 6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Old 08-28-2011, 05:12 PM

7,374 posts, read 6,780,405 times
Quote:
We are not talking about disagreements about judgment, we are talking about the attitude which produces comments like this " many believers are simply profane, they are in many way like cattle, and are only able to chew the cud they are fed by their handlers. They are literally unable to think critically for themselves or to even begin to question their programming. Trying to make them understand is like trying make a cow sing a song and dance a *** to it." - Ironmaw1776
Jer 4:22
“For my people are foolish; they know me not; they are stupid children; they have no understanding. They are ‘wise’—in doing evil! But how to do good they know not.”

The more things change the more they stay the same ...

Old 08-28-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Jer 4:22
“For my people are foolish; they know me not; they are stupid children; they have no understanding. They are ‘wise’—in doing evil! But how to do good they know not.”

The more things change the more they stay the same ...
Jeremiah talks about Jews who had turned their backs to God, and have opted to do evil as opposed to good, so I wonder how this is connected to your earlier comments about people being as dumb as cattle.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:14 PM

7,374 posts, read 6,780,405 times
Quote:
Jeremiah talks about Jews who had turned their backs to God, and have opted to do evil as opposed to good, so I wonder how this is connected to your earlier comments about people being as dumb as cattle.
I never said anything about people being dumb, it was the quote from Jeremiah that used the term stupid. I said profane, not dumb. If you do not know what profane means then just look it up.

I don't think that it is a head thing, its not about being smart though i imagine being smart doesn't hurt as long as you don't let it go to your head. I believe it is a heart thing, a spiritual thing dealing with how we feel about and treat one another.

If you ask me the traditional Christian religion today is in fact a mockery of the true Gospel of Christ and that passage in Jeremiah is just as applicable today in the Christian world as it was so long ago in the Hebrew world.

When i make reference to how many believers are like cattle, i am not in any way referring to their intelligence ... I am referring to their inability to make critical decisions about what they believe in for themselves and instead blindly accept what they are fed by their religious authorities, even though in their conscience they feel there is something fundamentally wrong with the whole idea of hell and ET. If you were paying attention i think you would have picked up on that.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 08-28-2011 at 07:08 PM..

Old 08-28-2011, 10:04 PM

34,687 posts, read 22,495,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
God always has the rebuttal:
" Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? .. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness”
This refers to the wisdom of THAT age (Astrology, Alchemy, Oracles, Divination, Magic,etc.) . . . NOT the modern knowledge accumulated over the past 2000 years!!! Retaining the ancient ignorance and rejecting modern knowledge is the true foolishness.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
heck a child can see and understand such behavior and attitudes are foolishness..... and are not of God !!!
You say this all the time without any specifics. What exactly are the behaviors and attitudes you are referring to??? Our "love of God and each other?" Our Faith in Christ's love for us ALL? Our faith that Christ is the Savior of us ALL? Our belief in repentance for ALL our unloving behavior and attitudes? Come on, Cyber . . . explain exactly what you are referring to.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I was very fearful to question any of the doctrines I had been taught, for most of my life. That's sort of the nature of the beast ... you are taught that by questioning those doctrines, you are actually questioning God and therefore risk God's horrible (beyond imagination) wrath, so of course you are too fearful to do so.

But it's intersesting to me, personally, that this whole issue of fear has been brought up. I've really had to face the fact that in spite of not being afraid of God anymore (which is a great freedom), fear still has control of my life in other areas. And I know that that fear is keeping me from living life in a way that I am loving others the way I desire to.

Fear, imo, really is the antithesis of LOVE and therefore it IS the anti-Christ "message", however it gets dressed up by each of us. I suspect that it dwells in all of us, to some extent -- whether it is in the area of religious dogma, or other areas of our lives. Seems like if we all recognized the fear in ourselves, we'd have more compassion for how it manifests in others.

for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
Fear is NOT from God but it's something I think we all have to strive to overcome by the Spirit (of power, love and self-control), while having patience with ourselves and each other for those areas where it hasn't yet been overcome.

Just something that's been on my mind.
This explains a lot about the intransigence of the fundies, Pleroo. Thank you for that witness.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
He is the saviour of the world, because there are no other saviours. It is His title. It does not mean He will save people against their will.
Nonsense. A Savior saves . . . He doesn't ask permission first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity