Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2011, 10:37 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,382,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What is so beautiful in someone falsely accusing Christians being bearers of anti-christ spirit?
I idenitified what I found particularly meaningful to me in my post to Heartsong. But, since you asked, I also appreciated the reference to Immanuel, God with us, Christ having come in the [our] flesh. I always find that a beautiful and uplifing thing to reflect on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We are all Christians here, Finn . . . that is your problem separating and accusing. We are identifying the anti-Christ Spirit in the dogma of vengeance. Christ did not have a vengeful bone in His body! It is that anti-Christ dogma that we seek to identify and remove from Christian teachings.
^^^^ This.

And Finn, please, read this part of Heartsong's post again:

Quote:
That is what the religious Christians do constantly - compare themselves with others and declare that they are "saved" and others are "lost". The Jews did the same thing - they hated the stranger and were selfish with the knowledge of God's goodness and mercy. That is why they became hated - because they always held themselves to be above or seperate from all the other peoples of the world.
That's not falsely accusing Christians ... SOME Christians do have this attitude. It shouldn't sting anyone personally who does not harbor that attitude towards others. If a person finds it does sting, then it's a good thing to check and make sure the shoe isn't fitting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 10:53 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
That's not falsely accusing Christians ... SOME Christians do have this attitude. It shouldn't sting anyone personally who does not harbor that attitude towards others. If a person finds it does sting, then it's a good thing to check and make sure the shoe isn't fitting.
There is no sting. I didn't even bother replying to the post itself. I simply asked you what is so beautiful in someone judging others? Even if it was true, such comments are never beautiful. And let's face it, in her post she demonstrated being guilty of the very things she criticized others of being. Beautiful? No, not really.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:55 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,382,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

Amazing isn't .... just earlier where told that "religious Christian"
..."compare themselves with others and declare"
but you don't see the hypocrisy in comparing yourself to God's truths and declaring your opinions of "instead" message over the justice will of God.

What you don't seem to realize, Twin, is that many of us WERE those "religious Christians", on some level, because we accepted the teachings that told us to think we were somehow in an exclusive "Jesus club". By the grace of God, we were shown that about ourselves -- we were made to face and compare our unholy attitudes and hypocrisy to God's truth that God will not exclude anyone from all-encompassing LOVE and salvation -- and were given new hearts and attitudes.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
What you don't seem to realize, Twin, is that many of us WERE those "religious Christians", on some level, because we accepted the teachings that told us to think we were somehow in an exclusive "Jesus club". By the grace of God, we were shown that about ourselves -- we were made to face and compare our unholy attitudes and hypocrisy to God's truth that God will not exclude anyone from all-encompassing LOVE and salvation -- and were given new hearts and attitudes.
Did you really think you were a part of a 'Jesus club'? I think that proves you never knew Him, and I don't think you should assume that all believers are like that.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:19 AM

63,775 posts, read 40,030,593 times
Quote:
There is no sting. I didn't even bother replying to the post itself. I simply asked you what is so beautiful in someone judging others? Even if it was true, such comments are never beautiful. And let's face it, in her post she demonstrated being guilty of the very things she criticized others of being. Beautiful? No, not really.
No . . . you judged it as falsely accusing others. The "beautiful" was in reference to the replacing of the vengeance of Abel's blood with the Love of Christ's. You disingenuously misapply the adjective to your judgment of false accusation . . . as usual. There is very little love or Christ in your accusations of fellow Christians.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:24 AM

63,775 posts, read 40,030,593 times
Quote:
Did you really think you were a part of a 'Jesus club'? I think that proves you never knew Him, and I don't think you should assume that all believers are like that.
She did not assume ALL . . . she said some and I have met many who that would apply to. The "Jesus club" (exclusivity) attitude is also quite widespread among Christians . . . so stop pretending you are not aware of it. You repeatedly separate yourself from the unbelievers AND other Christians here in word and deed. Don't make me find more of your posts that put the lie to your denials.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:25 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,055 times
Quote:
What you don't seem to realize, Twin, is that many of us WERE those "religious Christians", on some level, because we accepted the teachings that told us to think we were somehow in an exclusive "Jesus club". By the grace of God, we were shown that about ourselves -- we were made to face and compare our unholy attitudes and hypocrisy to God's truth that God will not exclude anyone from all-encompassing LOVE ,salvation -- and were given new hearts and attitudes.
Pleroo - I was certainly taught that in every church I ever attended - that we must exclude all others, including other Christians who did not believe as we did. That is why I finally wound my way down to joining a Fundamentalist Baptist Church - it is about as exclusive as you can get in the "churchy" sense. They even think regular Southern Baptists are "too liberal". But for myself, I have been in the place similar to that of Job where I depised my own self and my very existence. I've been between the proberbial rock and hard place (spiritually speaking) and it was not a pleasant experience. I don't know if everyone has to go there or not. I hope not, but I don't know if it is required of everyone to taste that bitter cup. Jesus spoke to his followers of drinking the cup that he drank. It was not a joyous thing for Jesus - he even prayed that if there were any other way that the Father might let that cup pass from him. I sometimes refer to it as the valley of the skull. I wrote a poem about it.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
No . . . you judged it as falsely accusing others. The "beautiful" was in reference to the replacing of the vengeance of Abel's blood with the Love of Christ's. You disingenuously misapply the adjective to your judgment of false accusation . . . as usual. There is very little love or Christ in your accusations of fellow Christians.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Thanks, Mystic for explaining what was beautiful about it.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:28 AM

Mystic, you'll pop a vein in your head if you don't control your emotions.

May the peace of the Lord come upon you.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-29-2011 at 11:39 AM..

Old 08-29-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
We are all Christians here, Finn . . . that is your problem separating and accusing. We are identifying the anti-Christ Spirit in the dogma of vengeance. Christ did not have a vengeful bone in His body! It is that anti-Christ dogma that we seek to identify and remove from Christian teachings.
Very simply stated and should be easy enough for anyone reading here to understand. Thank you for clarifying once again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity