U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2011, 05:23 PM

6,387 posts, read 4,766,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Jesus is the savior of all; however, not all want to be saved.
-Just like Saul on the road to Damascus?

But God had different plans for him.

Blessings!
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 06:00 PM

51,966 posts, read 27,662,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
And that my brother is NOT what the scriptures state, they state He IS the saviour of the world.

If 10 people are drowning and I jump into the water and save only 3 can I be said to be the saviour of all 10.

3+0 does NOT = 10

But that is what you believe.
If you are the designated life-guard, and some people drown on your watch, you would still be the lifeguard. The accidents would not change your title.

Jesus NEVER said He would save people who reject Him. NEVER!! His mission is to make salvation available to ALL PEOPLE, but people still reject the offer. Why do you think the Bible repeats 200 times that you need to believe in order to be saved? Why? Don't you ever wonder about that? Don't you ever wonder that you might have misunderstood a verse when your view contradicts 200 other verses?

Old 08-29-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
So it's about our wants? I don't think so. Salvation comes when God ordains it for each person. I do think some people are mis-informed and confused about what salvation IS and what it is NOT. But we'll save that for a different thread.
Could it be that you are one of those people?

Old 08-29-2011, 07:09 PM

6,042 posts, read 3,521,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you are the designated life-guard, and some people drown on your watch, you would still be the lifeguard. The accidents would not change your title.

Jesus NEVER said He would save people who reject Him. NEVER!! His mission is to make salvation available to ALL PEOPLE, but people still reject the offer. Why do you think the Bible repeats 200 times that you need to believe in order to be saved? Why? Don't you ever wonder about that? Don't you ever wonder that you might have misunderstood a verse when your view contradicts 200 other verses?
And how many times do we have to tell people all will believe, and all will bow and all will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

But hey if your happy with your math of 3+0=10 so be it, but I'll continue to teach exactly what we are commanded to teach, that He is the saviour of ALL.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
And how many times do we have to tell people all will believe, and all will bow and all will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

But hey if your happy with your math of 3+0=10 so be it, but I'll continue to teach exactly what we are commanded to teach, that He is the saviour of ALL.
Please don't try to say your math is my math. I know URs love misrepresent the words of others and make up silly arguments and then say "this is your argument", or in this case "this is your math". It is dishonest.

You teach whatever you want to teach, but since you KNOW your teaching contradicts the core message of Jesus Christ, you KNOW it is a false teaching. You should always compare scripture to scripture to make sure you have understood correctly, but this is not about a misunderstanding anymore. You do understand, but you still push the false view.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:09 AM

6,220 posts, read 6,041,025 times
Quote:
Please don't try to say your math is my math. I know URs love misrepresent the words of others and make up silly arguments and then say "this is your argument", or in this case "this is your math". It is dishonest.

You teach whatever you want to teach, but since you KNOW your teaching contradicts the core message of Jesus Christ, you KNOW it is a false teaching. You should always compare scripture to scripture to make sure you have understood correctly, but this is not about a misunderstanding anymore. You do understand, but you still push the false view.
Finn you believe the so-called 'savior of all' will not save all. This is a plain misnomer - this is based on your own words. Instead, according to your own words, He is the savior of believers, not the savior of all.

Its not much harder than that - it is very plain from your own words.

And furthermore it has been pointed out that everyone will believe, for everyone will praise His name, confess Him as their savior, and bend their knee in worship too Him.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:24 AM

162 posts, read 124,520 times
from finn:
Quote:
Jesus NEVER said He would save people who reject Him. NEVER!!

Hummmmm.......

Joh 12:32 -And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
God also tells us, through divinly inspired scripture,:

Lu 3:6 -And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.

Isa 40:5 -And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Isa 66:23 -
And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

These will one day come to be, or the prophecy was wrong

Gods' love ya'll

Old 08-30-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Finn you believe the so-called 'savior of all' will not save all. This is a plain misnomer - this is based on your own words. Instead, according to your own words, He is the savior of believers, not the savior of all. Its not much harder than that - it is very plain from your own words. And furthermore it has been pointed out that everyone will believe, for everyone will praise His name, confess Him as their savior, and bend their knee in worship too Him.
I could repeat ten times what I have already said, and people would still act as if nothing has been said.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boanerges View Post
Joh 12:32 -And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. God also tells us, through divinly inspired scripture,:
Yes, isn't that wonderful. He will draw us, and give us a chance. He will knock on your door and if (note the big "IF") you open, he will 'sup' with you.

Does that mean He will save everyone? No, it means He makes salvation available to everyone and he draws us to it, but many still reject it.

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:43 AM

4,881 posts, read 4,830,369 times
Quote:
Yes, isn't that wonderful. He will draw us, and give us a chance. He will knock on your door and if (note the big "IF") you open, he will 'sup' with you.

Does that mean He will save everyone? No, it means He makes salvation available to everyone and he draws us to it, but many still reject it.

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.
What you fail to understand Finn is that when God draws (drags) someone to Him...they do not reject Him. It is only those who try in their own strength (through their egoic/carnal selves) to jump on the band wagon...that fail and reject because they cannot truly experience God until it is their time to be called by Him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity