Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 07:54 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,529 times

Advertisements

Finn, if your belief is true, that Christ was only able to save 5-10% of mankind, the devil won. It's that simple. 1 billion souls in heaven, 10 billion souls screaming out in agony for all of eternity in hell. This is good news (the gospel) to you???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 07:59 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you are the designated life-guard, and some people drown on your watch, you would still be the lifeguard. The accidents would not change your title.

Jesus NEVER said He would save people who reject Him. NEVER!! His mission is to make salvation available to ALL PEOPLE, but people still reject the offer. Why do you think the Bible repeats 200 times that you need to believe in order to be saved? Why? Don't you ever wonder about that? Don't you ever wonder that you might have misunderstood a verse when your view contradicts 200 other verses?
I like your analogy of the lifeguard. Man has been drowning ever since God put him in the water with a 2,000-lb cement block on his back, which we call "Adam." It was God who put us in the water, not ourselves.

Fortunately, He has taken us all out of the water again through His lifeguard, Jesus. Jesus is the best lifeguard around! He doesn't fail in saving us. When we were at our lowest point, He saved us!

So a lifeguard who just sits around all day may still be called a lifeguard, but it's his responsibility to make sure no life is lost whatsoever. Otherwise, he should consider changing jobs.

Blessings in Christ our Lifesaver!
brian

Old 08-30-2011, 08:03 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,511 times
The Narrow Door
22Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem. 23Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?
He said to them, 24“Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’
“But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’
26“Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’
27“But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’
28“There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out. 29People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God. 30Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last.”

Old 08-30-2011, 08:31 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
What you fail to understand Finn is that when God draws (drags) someone to Him...they do not reject Him. It is only those who try in their own strength (through their egoic/carnal selves) to jump on the band wagon...that fail and reject because they cannot truly experience God until it is their time to be called by Him.
No, that is not true. Your claim sounds like anther new age slogan and does not have any Biblical backing. People reject Christ all the time. They simply will not allow Christ to save them

How often I have wanted to gather your children together as a hen protects her chicks beneath her wings, but you wouldn't let me. - Jesus

Old 08-30-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Finn, if your belief is true, that Christ was only able to save 5-10% of mankind, the devil won. It's that simple. 1 billion souls in heaven, 10 billion souls screaming out in agony for all of eternity in hell. This is good news (the gospel) to you???
Good news to me? That story and the percentages etc is your invention, and you are asking me? Universtalists and atheists looooove to invent silly arguments and then ask "is that really what you believe" and "so that is good news to you".

There are all kinds of bad news, like death, disease, war, poverty, famine etc, but the good news is that salvation is available to everyone.

Good news = For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Comprende? Good.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
So a lifeguard who just sits around all day may still be called a lifeguard, but it's his responsibility to make sure no life is lost whatsoever. Otherwise, he should consider changing jobs.
You invented the part about him sitting around doing nothing. I know I didn't say that. Some people don't want to be saved. Period. Why? Because that love the darkness.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:13 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Quote:

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.
Finn,

That particular scripture is written to believers who have locked Jesus outside. It is not a call to unbelievers.
Read it in context.

Heartsong

Old 08-30-2011, 10:02 AM

63,801 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Good news to me? That story and the percentages etc is your invention, and you are asking me? Universtalists and atheists looooove to invent silly arguments and then ask "is that really what you believe" and "so that is good news to you".
The problem, Finn is that you do absolutely no thinking about the implications of what you believe . . . none. Then when someone who does think presents some of the implications of your beliefs you call it inventing silly arguments. Try thinking for yourself about the implications of what you believe for a change . . so we don't have to do it for you.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The problem, Finn is that you do absolutely no thinking about the implications of what you believe . . . none. Then when someone who does think presents some of the implications of your beliefs you call it inventing silly arguments. Try thinking for yourself about the implications of what you believe for a change . . so we don't have to do it for you.
OK, let's play the UR game: Do you really believe war is the good news?

Old 08-30-2011, 10:09 AM

63,801 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
OK, let's play the UR game: Do you really believe war is the good news?
OF course not . . . war is not part of the Gospel . . . it is part of the Old Bad News of the OT. War is the province of men, period . . . God has absolutely nothing to do with it . . . except as an excuse for men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity