U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 08-11-2011, 03:13 PM
DMV
 
Location: Washington, DC
559 posts, read 909,402 times
Reputation: 124

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
The word "anti" does not limit itself to the understanding of "against", but it also has the meaning of "instead".

When the truth claims absolutes like Romans 6:23, John 3:36 ... the anti-christ cult mesage offers an "instead" message

The truth is:

the gift from God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" Romans 6:23
vvvv AND vvvvv
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him.” John 3:36


examples of "acm" acm "instead" message is:

" all paths go to heaven"

"belief in the Son and obedience to the law"






"the gift from God is eternal life whether or not Christ Jesus is OUR Lord"
  • how else do athesists to Zeus believers get to stand before God righteously and be allowed to have eternal life without confessing from their lips?
"God's wrath remains ?" John 3:36.... instead "God's love remains on whoever rejects"
The BIBLE says that GOD is a Wonderful and TERRIBLE GOD... H'es good to you when you do what he say's but bad to you when you dont.

Exodus 15:3 The LORD is a man of War.

Everyone likes to "Think" that when the LORD returns that he's gonna be all nice to everyone weather your good or bad, but the BIBLE doesn't support that.

Matthew 10:34 (JESUS himself Say's) Think not that I am come to bring peace on earth: I came not to send peace but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.

REVELATION 21:8 But the Fearful, and unbelieving, the abominable, the murderers, the whoremongers, the sorcerers, the idoliters, and the liars shall have there place in the Lake that burneth with FIRE and Brimstone.

GOD is LOVE, but he's also FEAR, because the BIBLE say's only a "FOOLISH" man doesn't fear the lord. Unfortunatley for a lot of people the LORD is coming to destroy them rather than to LOVE them. The BIBLE say's that NO MAN will enter into the KINGDOM that doesn't have the fear of the LORD in them. SO dont just LOVE him, FEAR him too.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-11-2011, 03:36 PM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,088,854 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
GOD is LOVE, but he's also FEAR, ...
I will tell you what I told another poster earlier...GOD IS PURE UNCONDITIONAL AGAPE LOVE...nothing more...nothing less...and NEVER FEAR. One day you will learn this truth and you will rejoice in the fact that you learned it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2011, 03:47 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,822 posts, read 9,745,749 times
Reputation: 1299
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
The BIBLE says that GOD is a Wonderful and TERRIBLE GOD... H'es good to you when you do what he say's but bad to you when you dont.

Exodus 15:3 The LORD is a man of War.

Everyone likes to "Think" that when the LORD returns that he's gonna be all nice to everyone weather your good or bad, but the BIBLE doesn't support that.

Matthew 10:34 (JESUS himself Say's) Think not that I am come to bring peace on earth: I came not to send peace but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.

REVELATION 21:8 But the Fearful, and unbelieving, the abominable, the murderers, the whoremongers, the sorcerers, the idoliters, and the liars shall have there place in the Lake that burneth with FIRE and Brimstone.

GOD is LOVE, but he's also FEAR, because the BIBLE say's only a "FOOLISH" man doesn't fear the lord. Unfortunatley for a lot of people the LORD is coming to destroy them rather than to LOVE them. The BIBLE say's that NO MAN will enter into the KINGDOM that doesn't have the fear of the LORD in them. SO dont just LOVE him, FEAR him too.

Jesus was the one who crushed the head of the serpent,.. Satan (Genesis 3:15)
........that wasn't done out of love... but wrath and justice

Jesus said those who do not listen to him, reject him. (John 12:48)
Jesus says those who do not listen do so because they are children of Satan (John 8:42-47)

Yes God is love. However that message is not what will be heard and felt by those who reject Jesus.

Which that is the aspect which Satan uses to decieve those who reject Jesus. Satan's anti-christ cult message is to use "God is love" where God specifically says he is not so.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2011, 03:48 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,653,808 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
The BIBLE says that GOD is a Wonderful and TERRIBLE GOD... H'es good to you when you do what he say's but bad to you when you dont.

Exodus 15:3 The LORD is a man of War.

Everyone likes to "Think" that when the LORD returns that he's gonna be all nice to everyone weather your good or bad, but the BIBLE doesn't support that.

Matthew 10:34 (JESUS himself Say's) Think not that I am come to bring peace on earth: I came not to send peace but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.

REVELATION 21:8 But the Fearful, and unbelieving, the abominable, the murderers, the whoremongers, the sorcerers, the idoliters, and the liars shall have there place in the Lake that burneth with FIRE and Brimstone.

GOD is LOVE, but he's also FEAR, because the BIBLE say's only a "FOOLISH" man doesn't fear the lord. Unfortunatley for a lot of people the LORD is coming to destroy them rather than to LOVE them. The BIBLE say's that NO MAN will enter into the KINGDOM that doesn't have the fear of the LORD in them. SO dont just LOVE him, FEAR him too.

So you live your life in constant fear?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2011, 03:48 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,822 posts, read 9,745,749 times
Reputation: 1299
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I will tell you what I told another poster earlier...GOD IS PURE UNCONDITIONAL AGAPE LOVE...nothing more...nothing less...and NEVER FEAR. One day you will learn this truth and you will rejoice in the fact that you learned it.
And unfortunatly you'll find out differently. John 3:36
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2011, 03:56 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,965 posts, read 5,534,454 times
Reputation: 1579
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Who has rejected it???????? Just because we disagree on the interpretation doesn't mean we reject it...don't you get that???????

And yes...if one puts what the bible says above what the spirit reveals to one...what else can that person be called but A BIBLE WORSHIPER!!!
Right on. Jesus told the scribes that they searched the scriptures trying to find life in God but could not find him. That continues till this day - bible thumpers who are fluent in bible-ese who have yet to know God. They know the bible. That's different than knowing God.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2011, 04:01 PM
DMV
 
Location: Washington, DC
559 posts, read 909,402 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I will tell you what I told another poster earlier...GOD IS PURE UNCONDITIONAL AGAPE LOVE...nothing more...nothing less...and NEVER FEAR. One day you will learn this truth and you will rejoice in the fact that you learned it.
^^^ People are people and they will alway's try to use there own thoughts and imaginations rather than just reading what the LORD is and say's out of his own mouth according to his Scriptures . Show me proof out of the "BIBLE" where the LORD said that he is just and only LOVE. You cant show me that because ist's not there. Those are simply your own thoughts, which only a foolish man would follow because you have no HEAVEN of HELL to put any of us in.


So the next time you come quoting me about something that you "Think" GOD is make sure that you can actually back your thoughts up with actual "SCRIPTURE"


Thakn You & GOD BLESS,
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2011, 04:03 PM
DMV
 
Location: Washington, DC
559 posts, read 909,402 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Jesus was the one who crushed the head of the serpent,.. Satan (Genesis 3:15)
........that wasn't done out of love... but wrath and justice

Jesus said those who do not listen to him, reject him. (John 12:48)
Jesus says those who do not listen do so because they are children of Satan (John 8:42-47)

Yes God is love. However that message is not what will be heard and felt by those who reject Jesus.

Which that is the aspect which Satan uses to decieve those who reject Jesus. Satan's anti-christ cult message is to use "God is love" where God specifically says he is not so.

Exactly.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2011, 04:05 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,332,813 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
And unfortunatly you'll find out differently. John 3:36
How is it that according to Rev 21:8 the FEARFUL are punished yet you are promoting fearfulness?!?

Perhaps you should get these contradictions straightened out before preaching to others?

Btw- In John 3:36, wrath is orge *or-gay': *desire (as a reaching forth or excitement of the mind), i.e. (by analogy), violent passion (ire, or (justifiable) abhorrence); by implication punishment

IOW- God's passion and desire for that person remains.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2011, 04:07 PM
DMV
 
Location: Washington, DC
559 posts, read 909,402 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
So you live your life in constant fear?
LOL.... NO I live my life according to GOD's word "BUT"... I fear him because I know that if I ever stray away from him that his Wrath and SWORD will fall upon me as well. The BIBLE say's that it is better for a man NOT to know than to KNOW and turn back, so in other words his WRATH would fall on the one that know's twice as worst as the one that dont.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top