U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2011, 04:13 PM
DMV

559 posts, read 913,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
How is it that according to Rev 21:8 the FEARFUL are punished yet you are promoting fearfulness?!?

Perhaps you should get these contradictions straightened out before preaching to others?

Btw- In John 3:36, wrath is orge *or-gay': *desire (as a reaching forth or excitement of the mind), i.e. (by analogy), violent passion (ire, or (justifiable) abhorrence); by implication punishment

IOW- God's passion and desire for that person remains.

^^^^ LOL This is a prime example of what the LORD calls a "DECIEVER". This person literally trying to say that the LORDS wrath means LOVE hahahahahahahahaha....

Well that must be some LOVE then, because in that very same verse REV 21:8 GOD says they will all go into the LAKE OF FIRE, so is that LOVE? hahaha you are Delusional if you think that you can get such a thing pass someone with "TRUE" understanding.

Last edited by DMV; 08-11-2011 at 04:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 04:56 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,384,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
LOL.... NO I live my life according to GOD's word "BUT"... I fear him because I know that if I ever stray away from him that his Wrath and SWORD will fall upon me as well. The BIBLE say's that it is better for a man NOT to know than to KNOW and turn back, so in other words his WRATH would fall on the one that know's twice as worst as the one that dont.
Just an observation.... Letting someone NOT love you is part of loving them. Therefore, being fearful of NOT loving god is surely the same as being fearful in general. You quoted rev earlier which states that the fearful also suffer the same consequences as murderers.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:05 PM
DMV

Quote:
Just an observation.... Letting someone NOT love you is part of loving them. Therefore, being fearful of NOT loving god is surely the same as being fearful in general. You quoted rev earlier which states that the fearful also suffer the same consequences as murderers.
Yes, but you misinterpreted how the LORD means fearful in REV 21:8. When he say's the "fearful" in that verse he doesn't mean the people that fear him in the sense that they do what he say's. What he means is the people that fear to BELEIVE in him at all. Some people have this sense of fear in believing in something that has the utter most POWER over this Universe or over there lives. That's why sometimes when you here Scientist speak of some catistophical event that took place it's almost like they want to say that they beleive that GOD could only cause such a thing, but they will never say it because of the fear in beliveing in something that's of a higher power than they are. That's what he means when he say's the "Fearful", and the "Unbeleivers".

IMO it should be common since that he's not talking about the people that fear in him for the right reason's because it was him that said that we are suppose to fear him in the first place.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
^^^^ LOL This is a prime example of what the LORD calls a "DECIEVER". This person literally trying to say that the LORDS wrath means LOVE hahahahahahahahaha....
I showed you the translation as defined by biblical scholars....
Yet you call me a deceiver?

Paul said: Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.
(Romans 12:19)

He was quoting from the OT which also states:
"'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.
(Leviticus 19:18)

Are you telling us that Gods wrath is not loving people as he tells us to do?

Jesus is recorded as saying:
But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. (Luke 6:35-36)

Are you saying that God's wrath is violent or do you agree that Gods wrath is merciful?

Paul also wrote:
because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son." (Hebrews 12:6)

Have you been disciplined/punished yet? Was it in love or fire?

Quote:
Well that must be some LOVE then, because in that very same verse REV 21:8 GOD says they will all go into the LAKE OF FIRE, so is that LOVE? hahaha you are Delusional if you think that you can get such a thing pass someone with "TRUE" understanding.
Frankly, if you had "TRUE" understanding you would see what kind of fire that Lake contains. Check out 1 Cor 3:15. God IS a consuming fire. God IS Love.
Love is a consuming fire.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Yes, but you misinterpreted how the LORD means fearful in REV 21:8. When he say's the "fearful" in that verse he doesn't mean the people that fear him in the sense that they do what he say's. What he means is the people that fear to BELEIVE in him at all. Some people have this sense of fear in believing in something that has the utter most POWER over this Universe or over there lives. That's why sometimes when you here Scientist speak of some catistophical event that took place it's almost like they want to say that they beleive that GOD could only cause such a thing, but they will never say it because of the fear in beliveing in something that's of a higher power than they are. That's what he means when he say's the "Fearful", and the "Unbeleivers".

IMO it should be common since that he's not talking about the people that fear in him for the right reason's because it was him that said that we are suppose to fear him in the first place.
So you want to redefine fearful? Were you once an unbeliever?

I was.... That lake of fire was painful but god is merciful and I came out better, much better, off than I was going in.....

Btw- if you ridicule someone for defining a word differently, you probably shouldn't try to redefine another word in the same thread.... Just saying!

Old 08-11-2011, 08:49 PM

20,298 posts, read 15,638,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Who has rejected it???????? Just because we disagree on the interpretation doesn't mean we reject it...don't you get that???????

And yes...if one puts what the bible says above what the spirit reveals to one...what else can that person be called but A BIBLE WORSHIPER!!!
God the Holy Spirit will NEVER reveal anything which is contrary to the teaching of the Scriptures which are God-breathed. Anyone can claim that the Holy Spirit revealed this or that to them. But if in making that claim they then proceed to speak of things which are contrary to the word of God, they are deceived and deceiving. To disregard the Bible is to disregard what God has communicated in His written word, and therefore to disregard God Himself. The Bible is the ABSOLUTE norm and standard for truth.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:13 PM
DMV

Quote:
So you want to redefine fearful? Were you once an unbeliever?

I was.... That lake of fire was painful but god is merciful and I came out better, much better, off than I was going in.....

Btw- if you ridicule someone for defining a word differently, you probably shouldn't try to redefine another word in the same thread.... Just saying!
Where did I redefine the word fearful. I was just telling you that when the LORD say's the fearful will inherit the Lake of fire, he wasn't talking about those who fear and believe in him, but those who fear to believe in him.

And what do you mean that he sent you to the lake of fire? NO man has been to that lake yet and no man will until that man be Judged first, and that wont happen until the LORD returns.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:26 PM
DMV

Quote:

Frankly, if you had "TRUE" understanding you would see what kind of fire that Lake contains. Check out 1 Cor 3:15. God IS a consuming fire. God IS Love.
Love is a consuming fire.
LOL... You are confused my friend. The ones that GOD LOVES are the ones that he will "PRESERVE" and give the Crown of LIFE to, not kill eternally with Damnation. You got it backwards.

Roman 9:13 As it is written Jacob I have Loved but Esau I have Hated

^^ Doesn't sound to good for Esau. Sound's like he might be headed to the Lake Of Fire when that day comes, but you'll probably say that's LOVE instead of hatred even though it Scripture says otherwise. Well if going to the Lake of Fire is LOVE then what is Going to the Kingdom? Bump the hell fire, I choose the Kingdom!

REVELATION 21:8 But the Fearful, and unbelieving, the abominable, the murderers,
the whoremongers, the sorcerers, the idoliters, and the liars shall have there place
in the Lake that burneth with FIRE and Brimstone.

THE LAKE OF FIRE IS NOT LOVE, SO GET THAT OUT OF YOUR MIND!

Last edited by DMV; 08-11-2011 at 09:39 PM..

Old 08-11-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Where did I redefine the word fearful. I was just telling you that when the LORD say's the fearful will inherit the Lake of fire, he wasn't talking about those who fear and believe in him, but those who fear to believe in him.
You also said you were fearful of straying from what you currently believe because your fate would be worse than if you had never believed in the first place.... That's plain and simple fear..of punishment.

John writes: There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

If what John says is true, in 1 John 4, that God is Love, then the verse reads like this:

There is no fear in God. But God drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in God.

Fear of god punishing you is being fearful not reverent.

Quote:
And what do you mean that he sent you to the lake of fire? NO man has been to that lake yet and no man will until that man be Judged first, and that wont happen until the LORD returns.
I'm afraid you don't understand the concept (as taught in the bible) of the fire of God....

It consumes and refines, it doesn't destroy. Love cannot destroy, it builds up.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
LOL... You are confused my friend. The ones that GOD LOVES are the ones that he will "PRESERVE" and give the Crown of LIFE to, not kill eternally with Damnation. You got it backwards.

Roman 9:13 As it is written Jacob I have Loved but Esau I have Hated

^^ Doesn't sound to good for Esau. Sound's like he might be headed to the Lake Of Fire when that day comes, but you'll probably say that's LOVE instead of hatred even though it Scripture says otherwise. Well if going to the Lake of Fire is LOVE then what is Going to the Kingdom? Bump the hell fire, I choose the Kingdom!

REVELATION 21:8 But the Fearful, and unbelieving, the abominable, the murderers,
the whoremongers, the sorcerers, the idoliters, and the liars shall have there place
in the Lake that burneth with FIRE and Brimstone.
Do you really think hell is like that picture for more of the human race than not? Does this bring you great joy? If hell is like the picture, what purpose does that serve? Really?

Again you mention the fearful, of which group you belong, and find nothing ironic about that? Are you in hell? You are certainly not.... Or are you?

Where's the substance of God in that picture? The love? Burning people is certainly not loving, is it?

Quote:
THE LAKE OF FIRE IS NOT LOVE, SO GET THAT OUT OF YOUR MIND!

You think God is watching the majority of his creation, laughing because they didn't save themselves from burning in agony for eternity?

Sad...sad.... And I'm called the heretic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or