Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2011, 11:23 PM

8,087 posts, read 6,836,292 times

Advertisements

Just to whoever needs this right now:

ROMANS 12:21 says:
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome the evil with goodness.

Be not overcome by that which is not loving, but overcome it with LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13

1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient,
love is kind.
It does not envy,
it does not boast,
it is not proud.
5 It does not dishonor others,
it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
7 It always protects,
always trusts,
always hopes,
always perseveres.

8 Love never fails.

But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.

But the greatest of these is love.

GOD IS LOVE.

Believe it and let peace fill your hearts.
Perfect love casts out all fear.
God loves His children.
And we are ALL His children.
Do NOT fear.
The imaginations of man, which include many sad and dis-eased things will one day be conquered by LOVE. And those horrible things in man's imagination will be no more. When love fills their being.

God is love.
And He will be ALL in ALL.
Have faith.

The lake of fire is a place of refining. Yes, I have also taken a dip in that lake and while it was a very difficult time in my life, God kept His promise. I became more conscious of the suffering of others. I became more painfully conscious of things that I have done that have caused pain to others, indirectly or directly. The lake of fire... TEACHES. Some of the hardest things in this life, are some of the BEST teachers. TRUST GOD.
Don't listen to mankind who is full of FEAR. Remember perfect love casts out ALL FEAR! GOD IS PERFECT LOVE. NOT MAN!

God is doing a GOOD WORK in EACH and EVERYONE of us!

He cares about even a little sparrow that falls dead on the ground.
We are worth many sparrows...

If someone is saying things that is making you fearful of God, please DM me. Don't be afraid. God is good. I'm here for you.

peace..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 12:58 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,160,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
THE LAKE OF FIRE IS NOT LOVE, SO GET THAT OUT OF YOUR MIND!
The fables of mankind will be left-behind.

1) Fear imposed by men will be a thing of the past.
2) Those who cannot believe now; will.

3) The offensive and contemptible receive correction.

4) Premeditation will no longer exist, there will be no hatred.

5) Licentious
or lascivious will not be present, nor unrestrained.
6) Reality will replace the delusions of men.

7) Mankind will not pursue the idols of their own selfish hearts.

8) All will come to the full knowledge of the truth.

Testing the purity of anything may result in removing the dross, if indeed it is not pure.

And there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, as the dross is removed!

When people are internally hard of hearing, they operate or function externally with unbalanced scales; never reaching a state of equilibrium or rest.
If it is true that we will always have enemies, then we will always need writers of fiction to encode our fears, fantasies, and imaginations.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:11 AM

8,087 posts, read 6,836,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

5) Licentious or lascivious will not be present, nor unrestrained.

Testing the purity of anything may result in removing the dross, if indeed it is not pure.

When people are internally hard of hearing, they operate or function externally with unbalanced scales; never reaching a state of equilibrium or rest.
If it is true that we will always have enemies, then we will always need writers of fiction to encode our fears, fantasies, and imaginations.

Beautifully said! Much power in those words, Jerwade.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:36 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,332,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
God the Holy Spirit will NEVER reveal anything which is contrary to the teaching of the Scriptures which are God-breathed. Anyone can claim that the Holy Spirit revealed this or that to them. But if in making that claim they then proceed to speak of things which are contrary to the word of God, they are deceived and deceiving. To disregard the Bible is to disregard what God has communicated in His written word, and therefore to disregard God Himself. The Bible is the ABSOLUTE norm and standard for truth.
Jesus' words went against what scripture brought forth, because He was walking in the Spirit. Those who think they have life in the scriptures are those who will not come to Him in order to have True Life.

They preferred to nail Him to a cross of wood on a hill, because He spoke out in the Spirit, which they neither knew nor could know, being blinded by the scriptures. It was religious flesh persecuting True Spirit.

As I have stated previously, the scriptures are not able to save you. Only the Spirit of Jesus, the Christ within you, can give you true Life. "Man shall not live by bread (scripture) alone, but by every word that proceedeth from the mouth (Spirit) of God."

Blessings,
Brian

Old 08-12-2011, 01:37 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,418,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Do you really think hell is like that picture for more of the human race than not? Does this bring you great joy? If hell is like the picture, what purpose does that serve? Really?

Again you mention the fearful, of which group you belong, and find nothing ironic about that? Are you in hell? You are certainly not.... Or are you?

Where's the substance of God in that picture? The love? Burning people is certainly not loving, is it?

You think God is watching the majority of his creation, laughing because they didn't save themselves from burning in agony for eternity?

Sad...sad.... And I'm called the heretic?

And what makes you automatically accuse God of laughing...he takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked. Ezekiel 18:23

Old 08-12-2011, 01:46 AM

5,965 posts, read 6,972,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
So you want to redefine fearful? Were you once an unbeliever?

I was.... That lake of fire was painful but god is merciful and I came out better, much better, off than I was going in.....

Btw- if you ridicule someone for defining a word differently, you probably shouldn't try to redefine another word in the same thread.... Just saying!
I've been there too. No doubt about it. It was a horrible place. My husband went there too. He said it was awful. Fire is certainly a purifier. Spiritual fire purifies the spirit. I was among the fearful and unbelieving, etc... Perfect love casts out fear.

Old 08-12-2011, 02:28 AM

593 posts, read 884,817 times
Antichrist = THE anti-christ that will come on the sceen during Tribulation and profess to be God

Antichrists= Anyone ,group ,faith,church order.organization,cult,unbelievers who do not believe in Jesus Christ

Jesus said as you await THE antichist (singular deceiver and future world leader) there are antichrists
(pleural or many) among you.

The above is a factual chronology or prophecy and a warning from Jesus.

Das

Last edited by DASULAR17; 08-12-2011 at 02:29 AM.. Reason: formating

Old 08-12-2011, 03:15 AM

32,890 posts, read 26,105,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Jesus' words went against what scripture brought forth, because He was walking in the Spirit. Those who think they have life in the scriptures are those who will not come to Him in order to have True Life.

They preferred to nail Him to a cross of wood on a hill, because He spoke out in the Spirit, which they neither knew nor could know, being blinded by the scriptures. It was religious flesh persecuting True Spirit.

As I have stated previously, the scriptures are not able to save you. Only the Spirit of Jesus, the Christ within you, can give you true Life. "Man shall not live by bread (scripture) alone, but by every word that proceedeth from the mouth (Spirit) of God."

Blessings,
Brian
How long will you continue to speak evil of God's holy word? How long will you pervert truth in the service of Satan?

Did you think that it wouldn't be noticed that you deliberately left out the very first words that Jesus said in Matthew 4:4 'IT IS WRITTEN, 'Man shall not live on bread (physical food) alone, but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God (God's spoken and written word).

Jesus was quoting Deuteronomy 8:3 He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD.'

And so the Scriptures put the lie to your statement.

Jesus' words never went against Scripture. Jesus always referred to the Scriptures and gave them the highest authority. He used Scripture against Satan when tempted by the devil in the desert. Jesus said, ''IT IS WRITTEN'.

You deliberately twist and distort the scriptures in your denial of the truth. For example you write: "Man shall not live by bread (scripture) alone, but by every word that proceedeth from the mouth (Spirit) of God."

That statement is a lie from Satan . Every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God is a reference to God's spoken or written word. You have in the past called the Scriptures stale air, and stale manna. Your attitude toward the word of God is known to those who have read your posts.

You say that the Scriptures cannot save you. But 2 Tim 3:14 says the following. 'You however continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them; 15] and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16] All Scripture is God breathed and is profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17] the the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

The Scriptures speak out against you. You are a false teacher and a deceiver. God will deal with you as such.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:38 AM

4,323 posts, read 5,999,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Just to whoever needs this right now:

ROMANS 12:21 says:
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome the evil with goodness.

Be not overcome by that which is not loving, but overcome it with LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13

1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient,
love is kind.
It does not envy,
it does not boast,
it is not proud.
5 It does not dishonor others,
it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
7 It always protects,
always trusts,
always hopes,
always perseveres.

8 Love never fails.

But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.

But the greatest of these is love.

GOD IS LOVE.

Believe it and let peace fill your hearts.
Perfect love casts out all fear.
God loves His children.
And we are ALL His children.
Do NOT fear.
The imaginations of man, which include many sad and dis-eased things will one day be conquered by LOVE. And those horrible things in man's imagination will be no more. When love fills their being.

God is love.
And He will be ALL in ALL.
Have faith.

The lake of fire is a place of refining. Yes, I have also taken a dip in that lake and while it was a very difficult time in my life, God kept His promise. I became more conscious of the suffering of others. I became more painfully conscious of things that I have done that have caused pain to others, indirectly or directly. The lake of fire... TEACHES. Some of the hardest things in this life, are some of the BEST teachers. TRUST GOD.
Don't listen to mankind who is full of FEAR. Remember perfect love casts out ALL FEAR! GOD IS PERFECT LOVE. NOT MAN!

God is doing a GOOD WORK in EACH and EVERYONE of us!

He cares about even a little sparrow that falls dead on the ground.
We are worth many sparrows...

If someone is saying things that is making you fearful of God, please DM me. Don't be afraid. God is good. I'm here for you.

peace..
Still can't rep ya. Thank you for this gentle reminder of WHO we are.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:39 AM

4,323 posts, read 5,999,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

5) Licentious or lascivious will not be present, nor unrestrained.

I always love your posts. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity