U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-02-2011, 11:20 AM

33,470 posts, read 10,909,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Yes, 1 Timothy 2:4 is clear, then, that God will save all mankind and bring them to the knowledge of truth.
Obviously I was not referring to that verse, but it is typical you would make it sound like I was. This is why it is nearly impossible to discuss anything with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 11:29 AM

21,946 posts, read 9,769,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Obviously I was not referring to that verse, but it is typical you would make it sound like I was. This is why it is nearly impossible to discuss anything with you.
IS that verse not in the Bible you are reading for clarity???? How could you not be referring to it?

Old 09-02-2011, 11:35 AM

5,925 posts, read 3,173,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Obviously I was not referring to that verse, but it is typical you would make it sound like I was.
Again, all I was pointing out is that when you or anyone else says something is clear in scripture, they don't know what they are talking about. I used the verse, not to say you was talking about it, i used the verse to demonstrate how issues of clarity are not actually there at all.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:36 AM

9,126 posts, read 4,478,328 times
Quote:
False, since the gospel is Good News it is impossible that it contains bad news that will last forever.

Despite your attempt to represent yourself as speaking all the truth, you missed it by as mile.

It is easy to extract verses and read them literally as if that is all there is to it, your disingenuousness is revealed simply by exposing it to a counter verses that you will have to explain away it's literal rendition of words through commentary.

The reason you and others have such a hard time with 1 Timothy 2:4 is that it exposes the falsehood of your argument. the fact is all biblical interpretations and beliefs are formulated the same way. All of them, will read some verses word for word and then provide an "explaination" of other verses. What it comes down to is what a person believes about God.

You believe in some capacity that God can't or won't save all mankiind, others believe he can and will. It is really that simple, don't over complicate it with more useless rhetoric.
I don't represent the truth ...merely repeat it.

“I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;
and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

" a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—

those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned."

Those who listen to anti-Christ insist differently....which is why Paul listened to Jesus.
2 Thessalonians 2:12
all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

Here is God's warning for those who promote an anti-christ message that offers a different gospel beyond what is written that he offers:
"I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!" Galatians 1:9

Old 09-02-2011, 11:38 AM

592 posts, read 328,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Apparently there are people who will never tire of lying about the foundational pillars of those they oppose. Here is the correct version:

1. Hell exists . . . ET doesn't.
2. Satan exists within each human brain (Serpent)
3. Faith ON Christ is essential
4. Bible is full of misunderstandings and misinterpretations about God born of ancient ignorance . . . but it is God-inspired. Jesus Christ is the Word of God.
They never tire of lying, Finn still does it. I guess the lying part isn't good enough either....they also claim UR people are of the devil and damned. (damned forever too, ouch)

What also gets me is how you guys spell it out for them too and they still don't see it. You have much more patience than I.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:41 AM

7,374 posts, read 4,023,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
They never tire of lying, Finn still does it. I guess the lying part isn't good enough either....they also claim UR people are of the devil and damned. (damned forever too, ouch)

What also gets me is how you guys spell it out for them too and they still don't see it. You have much more patience than I.
They are all victims of deception ... Though the truth is some love the lies they believe, because it make them feel special.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:41 AM

5,925 posts, read 3,173,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I don't represent the truth ...merely repeat it.

But you still missed it.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:42 AM

33,470 posts, read 10,909,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
IS that verse not in the Bible you are reading for clarity???? How could you not be referring to it?
Well, lets break it down since you struggle to keep up: Twin Spin posted some verses and Jerwade commented by saying you need to read them with mind of Christ, so I said I did that that.

What makes you think I was talking about any other verses than the ones Twin Spin posted?

Old 09-02-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
[It] is a literary reading and writing mindset that gives you knowledge but not true understanding, which only comes from the Spirit.
When the bible becomes the only source, wisdom falls short. Try reading this with the "Mind of Christ" not that of your own.
When the Bible is the only source and that is rejected as such...it then clearly shows who is following satanic spirits over the truth. Any spirits that are contrary to the written word are directly opposing God.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
But you still missed it.
To those who listen to the anti-christ message it would appear so ... wouldn't it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity