Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 08:58 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You illustrated nothing except your eagerness to misrepresent other people's words.
Nope, I quoted your whole post, so there was nothing to misrepresent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 10:23 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
I do not have such confusion, so I do not know why Mystic makes such claims about me. Old habits die hard I guess. Or is it an old habit which is kept alive and even carefully nurtured?

Well, you have confused agape love with emotion in the past. For instance on the "Love God" thread I started (a post somewhere in the 60s on that thread references that issue), but it's good to know that you no longer do ... Although it is then difficult to understand why you agreed with Twin's post which does seem to be confusing the two.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Gods wrath remains because Gods wrath is based upon LOVE, so that no one is ever without hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Just more replies to propagate yourself superior (which a form of idolatry) of your wisdom over God's justice.
How believing that it is true that God IS love and that God's justice flows from who God IS, can be construed as self-worship is mind-boggling.

Quote:
God's wrath is not based on love, but on the law and death.
Twin, if God IS love and one accepts that as being ALWAYS TRUE (you've shown no reason why we shouldn't accept that to be the case), there is no reason NOT to believe everything that comes from him must be BASED on love/his nature. Can you at least see that, even if you do not agree that God is ALWAYS LOVE?

Old 09-06-2011, 11:28 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Well, you have confused agape love with emotion in the past.
No, I have not, but you have, - and still do.

Is this how this game is played?

Maybe I will learn to enjoy it when I get the point of the game. What does the winner get?

Old 09-06-2011, 03:33 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
How believing that it is true that God IS love and that God's justice flows from who God IS, can be construed as self-worship is mind-boggling.

Quote:
Twin, if God IS love and one accepts that as being ALWAYS TRUE (you've shown no reason why we shouldn't accept that to be the case), there is no reason NOT to believe everything that comes from him must be BASED on love/his nature. Can you at least see that, even if you do not agree that God is ALWAYS LOVE?
Who orginated the law that was given to Moses ... if not God? (I know you would say that is rhetorical...)

And what does scripture say:
"For if those who live by law are heirs, faith has no value and the promise is worthless, because law brings wrath." Romans 4:14

"All who rely on observing the law are under a curse" Galations 3:10

Pleroo, realize that this not a personal attack when I say:

Pleroo, you need to start resisting the devil's misquoting of God. It is really Satan who is the one who says "yea, it may say it...but God really wouldn't carry through with it" An example of this is:
God says a person is under a curse for unbelief and Satan's reply is
" no... God is love, he is always love, love conquerers all "
Come back to the accuracy of truth Pleroo. Just how many unbelieving people trust "God's going to let me in ... eventually" because they heard that. God says for those who offer a different gospel to those who reject Jesus are eternally damned.

God is serious. He means it when he says that those who reject Jesus will only face wrath and damnation.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:45 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Pleroo, realize that this not a personal attack when I say:

Pleroo, you need to start resisting the devil's misquoting of God. It is really Satan who is the one who says "yea, it may say it...but God really wouldn't carry through with it"
Come back to the accuracy of truth Pleroo. Just how many unbelieving people trust "God's going to let me in ... eventually" because they heard that. God says for those who offer a different gospel to those who reject Jesus are eternally damned.
Pleroo . . . anyone who insists on retaining their ignorance of the psychological origins of our negative human emotions (anger, hatred, vengeance, jealousy, wrath, envy, egotism, etc.) . . . will not understand you. As long as they remain in ignorance they will accept that God has the same human weaknesses that we have. They believe in a God full of human weaknesses that has ultimate power to do what ever He wants for whatever reason He wants. There is no reasoning with that attitude.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Pleroo, realize that this not a personal attack when I say
I didn't take it as an attack, and I know you're sincere and I appreciate that. I will respond to your post, but I wonder if you would be willing to respond to the question in my post?

Old 09-06-2011, 07:36 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
No, I have not, but you have, - and still do.

Is this how this game is played?

Maybe I will learn to enjoy it when I get the point of the game. What does the winner get?
Perhaps it is wrath that has you confused then?

Old 09-07-2011, 07:06 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Perhaps it is wrath that has you confused then?
Is it important to claim someone is 'confused' or 'ignorant' or 'God defiler' when they prove you wrong?

Old 09-07-2011, 12:00 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
Is it important to claim someone is 'confused' or 'ignorant' or 'God defiler' when they prove you wrong?
Prove me wrong? All you've proven is your complete lack of faith in gods ability to draw ALL men to himself.

Did I offend you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity