Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2011, 04:58 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,112,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Based on the premise of the thread, the original post itself would be a candidate for an "anti-Christ" message.
No, I don't think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 05:34 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,739,379 times
The simple fact is that many believers are simply profane, they are in many way like cattle, and are only able to chew the cud they are fed by their handlers. They are literally unable to think critically for themselves or to even begin to question their programming. Trying to make them understand is like trying make a cow sing a song and dance a *** to it.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 08-27-2011 at 05:43 PM..

Old 08-27-2011, 08:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,273,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The simple fact is that many believers are simply profane, they are in many way like cattle, and are only able to chew the cud they are fed by their handlers. They are literally unable to think critically for themselves or to even begin to question their programming. Trying to make them understand is like trying make a cow sing a song and dance a *** to it.
The timid or fearful refuse to "think" for themselves.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:48 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,739,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Indeed ... I rember my brother saying something to that effect. He said that he would just take his pastors word for it, and that way if he is wrong about what he believes then he can just blame his pastor for misleading him ... that he was just doing and believing what he was told to do and believe.

Whats more is that he was then and still is to this day completely unable to recognize how irresponsible and disingenuous that is.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 08-27-2011 at 09:23 PM..

Old 08-27-2011, 09:50 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,551,009 times
Quote:
Indeed ... I rember my brother saying something to that effect. He said that he would just take his pastors word for it, and that way if he is wrong about what he believes then he can just blame his pastor for misleading him ... that he was just doing and be living what he was told to do and believe.

Whats more is that he was then and still is to this day completely unable to recognize how irresponsible and disingenuous that is.
It is sad indeed to waste the mind and stay in darkness.

A perfect illustration of this: "The Cleansing of the 10 Lepers"

Luke 17:11-19 ...When he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed.
And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God.
And he fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan. (they had no organized religion per John 4:20)
And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine?

Obviously...Jesus was testing their minds...and only the Samaritan understood it.

aisi.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:04 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,474,520 times
Quote:
Quote:
Jerwade: The timid or fearful refuse to "think" for themselves
Listen to yourselves.... You sure have a very low opinon of people around you, while having a very high opinion of yourselves.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-28-2011 at 08:18 AM..

Old 08-28-2011, 08:14 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,458,554 times
Quote:
God always has the rebuttal:

" Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? .. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness”

Old 08-28-2011, 08:37 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,675,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Listen to yourselves....
Actually, Finn, if you think about it, it's pretty awesome how God will ALWAYS expose the TRUTH of those who are not his children.

It's pretty awesome how God put this thread on Twin.spin heart so that...... "God can warn about the anti-christ cult message that will dwell within Christianity."
They eventually will expose themselves in who they really are...... and people, lurkers, those who are just reading and are not posting are not stupid to not see the heart of those who truly do not follow our Lord God and Savior, Jesus Christ, heck a child can see and understand such behavior and attitudes are foolishness..... and are not of God !!!

God is ALWAYS faithful.... amen !!!

Old 08-28-2011, 09:39 AM

17,156 posts, read 11,347,257 times
Quote:
I was very fearful to question any of the doctrines I had been taught, for most of my life. That's sort of the nature of the beast ... you are taught that by questioning those doctrines, you are actually questioning God and therefore risk God's horrible (beyond imagination) wrath, so of course you are too fearful to do so.

But it's intersesting to me, personally, that this whole issue of fear has been brought up. I've really had to face the fact that in spite of not being afraid of God anymore (which is a great freedom), fear still has control of my life in other areas. And I know that that fear is keeping me from living life in a way that I am loving others the way I desire to.

Fear, imo, really is the antithesis of LOVE and therefore it IS the anti-Christ "message", however it gets dressed up by each of us. I suspect that it dwells in all of us, to some extent -- whether it is in the area of religious dogma, or other areas of our lives. Seems like if we all recognized the fear in ourselves, we'd have more compassion for how it manifests in others.

for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
Fear is NOT from God but it's something I think we all have to strive to overcome by the Spirit (of power, love and self-control), while having patience with ourselves and each other for those areas where it hasn't yet been overcome.

Just something that's been on my mind.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:47 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,355,698 times
What is an anti-christ doctrine?

Answer:

Any doctrine that denies Jesus Christ IS the saviour of the world.

The potential saviour of the world is an anti-christ doctrine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity