Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2011, 09:20 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
scripture testifies He is the saviour of the world, most doctrine state He will not save the world, making Him only the potential saviour of the world.

Every other doctrine that states anything less then the saviour of the world is anti-christ doctrine.

ET states He is the saviour of the world, then turn around and do everything they can to show that He is not. Making Him only the potential saviour of the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Never mind.
This is evidence that you are up against closed minds, pneuma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 09:24 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Don't you see the problem with a savior of the world who doesn't actually save the world. Let us reason... Is he savior to the world or of the world. That ALL the world should be saved or that some can (save themselves by choice) if they want?

Is there a reason (other than ET cult-ism) that makes you believe he will not save all the world?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Jesus aka "the saviour" said He will save those who believe in Him.

That's enough for me.
What makes you think that in any way limits who will be saved? How do you know (or why do you think) not everyone will believe on Him?

Old 08-29-2011, 02:44 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
scripture testifies He is the saviour of the world, most doctrine state He will not save the world, making Him only the potential saviour of the world.

Every other doctrine that states anything less then the saviour of the world is anti-christ doctrine.

ET states He is the saviour of the world, then turn around and do everything they can to show that He is not. Making Him only the potential saviour of the world.
Anti-Christ doctrine denies that Jesus Christ came in the flesh and is Emmanuel (God with us). Anti-Christ spirit is the spirit that continually proclaims that man is seperated from God. That is what the religious Christians do constantly - compare themselves with others and declare that they are "saved" and others are "lost". The Jews did the same thing - they hated the stranger and were selfish with the knowledge of God's goodness and mercy. That is why they became hated - because they always held themselves to be above or seperate from all the other peoples of the world. Paul defined a "true Jew" as one whose heart is circumcised. A circumcised heart is a softened heart - tender in mercy. The anti-Christ spirit is full of vengeance and spite and desires to see others suffer. The blood of Christ speaks better things than the blood of Abel -- if you catch my drift.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:29 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Anti-Christ doctrine denies that Jesus Christ came in the flesh and is Emmanuel (God with us). Anti-Christ spirit is the spirit that continually proclaims that man is seperated from God. That is what the religious Christians do constantly - compare themselves with others and declare that they are "saved" and others are "lost". The Jews did the same thing - they hated the stranger and were selfish with the knowledge of God's goodness and mercy. That is why they became hated - because they always held themselves to be above or seperate from all the other peoples of the world. Paul defined a "true Jew" as one whose heart is circumcised. A circumcised heart is a softened heart - tender in mercy. The anti-Christ spirit is full of vengeance and spite and desires to see others suffer. The blood of Christ speaks better things than the blood of Abel -- if you catch my drift.
Amen Heartsong! What you said about Emmanuel (God with us) reminded me of this awesome song:

Mercyme-God with us - YouTube

Old 08-29-2011, 06:34 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I never said anything about people being dumb, it was the quote from Jeremiah that used the term stupid. I said profane, not dumb. If you do not know what profane means then just look it up.
When you compare believers to cattle, you are saying they are dumb, and when you claim they are unable to think for themselves, you are calling them dumb. Period. Such comments is what I refer to as "UR fruit".

Quote:
many believers are simply profane, they are in many way like cattle, and are only able to chew the cud they are fed by their handlers. They are literally unable to think critically for themselves or to even begin to question their programming. Trying to make them understand is like trying make a cow sing a song and dance a *** to it." - Ironmaw1776

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-29-2011 at 06:43 AM..

Old 08-29-2011, 06:38 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Nonsense. A Savior saves . . . He doesn't ask permission first.
And a fisherman fishes. Does that mean he will catch every fish in the ocean?

Jesus was very specific when explained over and over and over who are saved: those who believe. He will save all those who he promised to save.

Those who reject Jesus are covered only under YOUR promise, not under the promise of Jesus Christ. There is a huuuuuuuge difference. Your promise saves no one.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:00 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post

That was beautifully put, Heartsong ... thank you. I especially appreciated the Abel reference, whose blood cried out for vengeance... a very vivid contrast/foil for the "blood of Christ". That will stick with me.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:24 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
.."the scripture cannot be broken" John 10:35

"Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep." John 10:1-2

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep." John 10:7

"For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." John 5:22-24

John 3

"16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God."

Old 08-29-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Amen Heartsong! What you said about Emmanuel (God with us) reminded me of this awesome song:

Mercyme-God with us - YouTube
Thank you for the lovely song Ilene. I'd not heard it before and I'm a big fan of Mercy Me. I'm always glad when my posts resonate with someone. May we learn to rest in him NOW, for every moment is always NOW. May we learn not to yearn for the past or the future.
Heartsong

Old 08-29-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
That was beautifully put, Heartsong ... thank you. I especially appreciated the Abel reference, whose blood cried out for vengeance... a very vivid contrast/foil for the "blood of Christ". That will stick with me.
It has stuck with me. The blood of Christ SPEAKS BETTER THINGS than the blood of Abel. Both speak - but one speaks better things. And of course that reference is from tbe book of Hebrews.

Bless you - Heartsong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity