Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 02:51 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,167,265 times

Advertisements

Ten Ways Christians Fail to be Christian | JohnShore.com

I feel that we Christians too often fail in these ten ways: by John Shore

1. Too much money. “Wealthy Christian” should be an oxymoron. In Luke 12:33, Jesus says, “Sell your possessions and give to the poor.” At Matthew 19:21, he says, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor.” In Matthew 6:24, he says: “You cannot serve God and Money.” Christians are generally pretty huge on cleaving to the word of God. I just don’t see how those particular words could be clearer.

2. Too confident God thinks we’re all that and a leather-bound gift Bible. We should spend a great deal more time reflecting upon the ways in which we acutely displease God (not to mention other people), and a great deal less confident that there’s no reason for us to even consider such a thing.

3. Too quick to believe that we know what God really means by what he says in the Bible. The Bible is an extremely complex, multi-leveled work. We’re sometimes too quick to assume that we grasp its every meaning. Take this passage from Luke 8: 9-10: “His disciples asked him [Jesus] what this parable [of the sower] meant. He said, ‘The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that, ‘though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand.’” Huh? And that’s Jesus “explaining” what is generally regarded as one of his most readily understood parables. Are we really all that confident that we always know exactly what Jesus meant by everything he said? Wouldn’t we do well to sometimes admit that the words attributed to God manifested on earth are just a tad 
 well, Greek to us?

4. Too action-oriented. We Christians could stand to spend less time acting in the name of God, and more time reflecting on the (ever subtle) majesty of God. We need more passivity, and less activity. More meditation, less machination. More reflection, less correction. More contemplation, less administration. More prayers, less airs. More mysticism, less 
 um 
 cretinism.

5. Too invasive of others generally. It is my personal, humble opinion that anyone seeking to mix church and state has failed to understand the nature and proper role of either. Being founded upon the principal that all men are created equal and deserving of equal protection under the law is what makes the American system of democracy such a gift to mankind. Attempting to mix the inherently exclusionary imperatives of a particular religion into the resolutely inclusive system of the American constitutional form of government is to work against everything that America stands for. Religion is a personal, subjective affair for the individual; politics and public policy is an impersonal, objective affair for everyone.

6. Too invasive of others personally. We Christians are too often too eager to get up into the faces of others about their personal religious beliefs. If you believe in the reality of hell, then wanting to save non-Christians from going there is an understandable sentiment. But the bottom line is it’s absolutely impossible to talk someone who isn’t a Christian into becoming one; in fact, more than anything else it’s likely to push the non-Christian further from God. We Christians would do very well indeed to spend our time “just” living as Christians, and to let God worry about the non-Christians.

7. Too quick to abandon logic. When talking to others about our faith, we Christians too often resort to a language and line of reasoning that leaves good ol’ fashion logic sitting on the ground behind us, waving a sad good-bye. “It’s true because the Bible says it’s true” is, for instance, an assertion that can’t help but leave the non-Christian unimpressed, since it’s so manifestly illogical. “It’s true because the Bible says it’s true” is no more proof of truth than is, “Apples are the best fruit, because I like them the most.” We Christians need to understand that the religious experience, no matter how bracingly real it might seem to us, is necessarily a subjective phenomenon, and so limit ourselves to talking about it as such.

8. Too fixated on homosexuality. Can we stop already with the gay and lesbian fixation? I know many of us understand our stance on the matter to be unassailably biblical. I know a great many of us are deeply concerned about the “homosexual agenda.” I know. We all know. Maybe Christians could just give that issue a rest for a while. It’s not like gays and lesbians are going anywhere. They’ll all be there when we get back. Maybe — for just a week, a day, a month — we could concern ourselves with something else, and let them be.

9. Too insular. When I became a Christian, one of the things that most amazed me about Christians is the degree to which they tend to hang out only with other Christians. We should stop doing that. How are we supposed to show Christ’s love to non-Christians when we barely know any non-Christians? Time to widen that social base, I say. (Plus, Christian or not, we still want to throw good, fun parties, don’t we? Well, let’s face it: The heathen class has just about all the good music. We might as well invite a few of them to our next party. Maybe they’ll bring their CD’s!)

10. Too uneducated about Christianity. Generally speaking (which of course is the most offensive way to speak about any group), Christians tend to embarrass themselves by knowing so little about either the Bible or the history of Christianity. Believing that the Bible is the word of God, for instance, is one thing; knowing nothing about the long process by which men decided which texts would and wouldn’t make it into the Bible is another. It’s not that all Christians should be full-on theologians or historians. But if you’re a Christian who doesn’t know the Great Schism from The Great Santini, or the Diet of Worms from 
 well, the diet of worms, then you’ve got some homework to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 04:56 PM

7,705 posts, read 12,547,448 times
Quote:
3. Too quick to believe that we know what God really means by what he says in the Bible.
The Bible is an extremely complex, multi-leveled work. We’re sometimes
too quick to assume that we grasp its every meaning. Take this passage
from Luke 8: 9-10: “His disciples asked him [Jesus] what this parable
[of the sower] meant. He said, ‘The knowledge of the secrets of the
kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables,
so that, ‘though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not
understand.’”
Huh? And that’s Jesus “explaining” what is generally
regarded as one of his most readily understood parables. Are we really
all that confident that we always know exactly what Jesus meant
by everything he said? Wouldn’t we do well to sometimes admit that the
words attributed to God manifested on earth are just a tad … well, Greek
to us?

Red flag.
This is exactly how I knew this dude was a fluke. Another progressive worldly Christian trying to tell the true Christians what a real Christian is! That's a laugh.

God says plainly in the Bible

Romans 12:2

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Be not conformed to this world. What John Shore is saying is in complete opposition to the word of God. He wants us to be accepting of sin and not preach the word?! Let me break this whole thing down for you.

Quote:
1. Too much money. “Wealthy Christian” should be an oxymoron. In
Luke 12:33, Jesus says, “Sell your possessions and give to the poor.” At
Matthew 19:21, he says, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your
possessions and give to the poor.” In Matthew 6:24, he says: “You cannot
serve God and Money.” Christians are generally pretty huge on cleaving
to the word of God. I just don’t see how those particular words could be
clearer.
Couldn't be more clearer? So does this apply to him as well? I hope he doesn't think that because he isn't filthy rich that doesn't make him rich compared to rest of the world? 2/3 of the world live in poverty. If he has his own house, his own car, a website he pays for, surely he is rich. So why doesn't he sell his own possessions? Obviously he doesn't read the word because it says here in the Bible.

1 Samuel 2:7
The LORD sends poverty and wealth; he humbles and he exalts.

Deuteronomy 8:17
You may say to yourself, "My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me." But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability
to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your
forefathers, as it is today.

God says he sends poverty and wealth. I don't see how those words could be any more clearer.

Quote:
2. Too confident God thinks we’re all that and a leather-bound gift Bible.
We should spend a great deal more time reflecting upon the ways in
which we acutely displease God (not to mention other people), and a
great deal less confident that there’s no reason for us to even consider
such a thing.
What Christian refers to God as a "too confident God"?! Reflecting upon the ways which we displease God? I could have sworn that's what we do when we repent for our sins.

Quote:
4. Too action-oriented. We Christians could stand to spend less
time acting in the name of God, and more time reflecting on the (ever
subtle) majesty of God. We need more passivity, and less activity. More
meditation, less machination. More reflection, less correction. More
contemplation, less administration. More prayers, less airs. More
mysticism, less … um … cretinism.
Never heard that one before. So now Christians are too action orientated? What the hell kind of Christian is this man?! When has sitting around in church pews ever saved anyone?! If starting hospitals, and missions, and feeding the poor, and building homes and shelters is too action orientated in the eyes of John Shore, I can't imagine what his definition of being idle would be?!

Quote:
5. Too invasive of others generally. It is my personal, humble
opinion that anyone seeking to mix church and state has failed to
understand the nature and proper role of either. Being founded upon the
principal that all men are created equal and deserving of equal
protection under the law is what makes the American system of democracy
such a gift to mankind. Attempting to mix the inherently exclusionary
imperatives of a particular religion into the resolutely inclusive
system of the American constitutional form of government is to work
against everything that America stands for. Religion is a personal,
subjective affair for the individual; politics and public policy is an
impersonal, objective affair for everyone.
More evidence this guy is a fluke. Separation of church and state? If he had any intelligence whatsoever, he would that is not possible and never has been! If you live in a population where 80% of it's citizens are religious, you will NEVER successfully have a separation. Besides that obviousness, people's religious beliefs will ALWAYS influence their politics. If I'm a Christian, there's no way in Hell I'm going to vote for an Atheist or Satanist as my president. It doesn't matter whether separation of church and state is practiced in public, religion will always dominate politics in the voting booth. You got to be a complete dunce to not realize that.

Quote:
6. Too invasive of others personally. We Christians are too often
too eager to get up into the faces of others about their personal
religious beliefs. If you believe in the reality of hell, then wanting
to save non-Christians from going there is an understandable sentiment.
But the bottom line is it’s absolutely impossible to talk someone who
isn’t a Christian into becoming one; in fact, more than anything else
it’s likely to push the non-Christian further from God. We Christians
would do very well indeed to spend our time “just” living as Christians,
and to let God worry about the non-Christians.
Okay this should be the ultimate red flag for anyone who calls themselves Christians. The whole point of Christianity is believing that Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins. The reason we're all alive is because of him doing this. If John Shore believes that Christians are not suppose to tell other people about why we're sinners and need a savior and trying to preach the word so they can be saved, then he has completely invalided his own beliefs!!! There is no point in being a Christian if we weren't told our sins and how we need Jesus Christ to be saved and go to Heaven!! That is how every Christian becomes a Christian!! Let God worry about the non-Christians?!! REALLY?!!!

Mark 16:15
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

If it wasn't for Christians going out into the world preaching about sin and repentance and Jesus, there would not be the enormous amount of Christians that there are in the world today!!! It seems our method is working just fine!!! Just look at Atheist China!! Missionaries were not even allowed into their country less than 15 years ago! Now they boasts more than 80+Million Christians in their country!! People are STILL being saved!! If it wasn't for Christians preaching the word, NO ONE would be!!!

Quote:
7. Too quick to abandon logic. When talking to others about our
faith, we Christians too often resort to a language and line of
reasoning that leaves good ol’ fashion logic sitting on the ground
behind us, waving a sad good-bye. “It’s true because the Bible says it’s
true” is, for instance, an assertion that can’t help but leave the
non-Christian unimpressed, since it’s so manifestly illogical. “It’s
true because the Bible says it’s true” is no more proof of truth than
is, “Apples are the best fruit, because I like them the most.” We
Christians need to understand that the religious experience, no matter
how bracingly real it might seem to us, is necessarily a subjective phenomenon, and so limit ourselves to talking about it as such.
He sounds exactly like an atheist. Toting the logic sales pitch even though those hypocrites solidly believe in invisible energy and atoms and elements. The basis for our beliefs in Jesus Christ comes from faith. Something you cannot see or prove but believe. For God says in the Bible

2 Corinthians 5:7
We live by faith, not by sight.

Romans 8:24
For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has?

2 Corinthians 4:18
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

So John doesn't live by faith, he lives by his logic. Which is what Atheist (who have no hope according to the Bible) believe. And he's a Christian? Does he know he believes in a man he has never seen or heard before? So that makes him a hypocrite.

Quote:
8. Too fixated on homosexuality. Can we stop already with the gay
and lesbian fixation? I know many of us understand our stance on the
matter to be unassailably biblical. I know a great many of us are deeply
concerned about the “homosexual agenda.” I know. We all know.
Maybe Christians could just give that issue a rest for a while. It’s not
like gays and lesbians are going anywhere. They’ll all be there when we
get back. Maybe — for just a week, a day, a month — we could concern
ourselves with something else, and let them be.
Too fixated on Homosexuality? We are not the ones fixated on homosexuality. It's homosexuals who make it everyone's business that throw it in everyone's faces and make it so. Them and their atheist comrades love to blame and protest Christianity for damn near everything that goes wrong in their lives. Christianity has ALWAYS been in opposition to homosexuality. I hate it when people are acting like it's a brand new subject. It has never been brand new!! God says in the Bible

Leviticus 18:22
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

1 Corinthians 6:9
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?
Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor
effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

And let's not forget how God rained down fire and brimstone over Sodom and Gomorrah. A city completely filled with humans practicing homosexuality.

It is our job to speak out against ALL TYPES of sin. Atheist and homosexuals purposely choose to focus on that and persecute the church. It is not our fault. It is theirs. But even then, just because you might be committing these acts, there is still time to repent and turn away from them so you can go to Heaven. I hate it when people automatically think that God is some mean and evil person because he will not have sin in his own kingdom. If there was sin there, there wouldn't be any point to having a Heaven. That is what Hell is for. Accept Jesus Christ as your savior, repent of all your sin and try to lead a Godly life and you can go to Heaven!! Atheist and homosexuals all have a chance at eternal life.

Quote:
9. Too insular. When I became a Christian, one of the things that
most amazed me about Christians is the degree to which they tend to
hang out only with other Christians. We should stop doing that.
How are
we supposed to show Christ’s love to non-Christians when we barely know
any non-Christians? Time to widen that social base, I say. (Plus,
Christian or not, we still want to throw good, fun parties, don’t we?
Well, let’s face it: The heathen class has just about all the good
music. We might as well invite a few of them to our next party. Maybe
they’ll bring their CD’s!)
We should stop hanging out with other Christians? Again, John is in complete opposition to God. He has another opinion about that.

2 Corinthians 6:14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship
hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light
with darkness?

Quote:
How are
we supposed to show Christ’s love to non-Christians when we barely know
any non-Christians?
Who the hell says we don't?! I know plenty of atheist and plenty of Satanist and plenty of Muslims and on and on. This whole entire list is an attack on evangelical Christians because according to John, we are so damn absorbed in our little Christian world, we couldn't possibly know any Atheist. What an idiot.

Quote:
10. Too uneducated about Christianity. Generally speaking (which
of course is the most offensive way to speak about any group),
Christians tend to embarrass themselves by knowing so little about
either the Bible or the history of Christianity. Believing that the
Bible is the word of God, for instance, is one thing; knowing nothing
about the long process by which men decided which texts would and
wouldn’t make it into the Bible is another. It’s not that all Christians
should be full-on theologians or historians. But if you’re a Christian
who doesn’t know the Great Schism from The Great Santini, or the Diet of
Worms from … well, the diet of worms, then you’ve got some homework to
do.
This absolutely sealed the deal for me that this guy is a farse. He just blatantly denied the Bible is the word of God!! He also takes the opportunity to insult Christians and becomes even more hypocritical. How does he says Christians are uneducated about the Bible when he advocates everything in the Bible that God tells us he is against?! The Bible is the manual and guidance to how Christians should live out our lives. He is speaking out against everything that the Bible stands for. And he calls himself a Christian?!

So let me get this straight.

He doesn't believe in the Bible but calls himself a Christian. So in that reason, he doesn't live out his life with Godly principles. So how is he suppose to know what is wrong or right in God's eyes? And he has the audacity to try to call out other Christians on being a Christian?!

In other words, this whole entire list is comprised of what a real Christian is. The author is the one who doesn't believe in the God of the Bible, he doesn't believe in sin, so he is not a Christian at all. And much like an Atheist, he thinks he has credit to judge what a real Christian is? I don't think so. He can take his BS somewhere where fools will fall for it. I will never forget this verse in the Bible.

2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine.
Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great
number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

We wonder why there's gay Christian churches, mega churches, liberal churches, prosperity gospel churches, universalist churches, money hoarding churches, and so on and so on. Because in the last days, man will NOT put up with sound doctrine. And John Shore is the prime evidence of this. Worldly/Liberal Christians would have forsaken the word of God for a lie and now has the audacity to try to criticize real Bible-believing Christians on what it means to be a real Christian. Ultra pathetic, fake, & laughable. We'll see what God has to say when they all stand before him and give him the reasons why they denied his word and truth for lies.

Last edited by allenk893; 08-13-2011 at 05:10 PM..

Old 08-13-2011, 05:44 PM

Thanks for proving his points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Red flag.This is exactly how I knew this dude was a fluke. Another progressive worldly Christian trying to tell the true Christians what a real Christian is! That's a laugh.

God says plainly in the Bible

Romans 12:2

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Be not conformed to this world. What John Shore is saying is in complete opposition to the word of God. He wants us to be accepting of sin and not preach the word?! Let me break this whole thing down for you.

Couldn't be more clearer? So does this apply to him as well? I hope he doesn't think that because he isn't filthy rich that doesn't make him rich compared to rest of the world? 2/3 of the world live in poverty. If he has his own house, his own car, a website he pays for, surely he is rich. So why doesn't he sell his own possessions? Obviously he doesn't read the word because it says here in the Bible.

1 Samuel 2:7
The LORD sends poverty and wealth; he humbles and he exalts.

Deuteronomy 8:17
You may say to yourself, "My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me." But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability
to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your
forefathers, as it is today.

God says he sends poverty and wealth. I don't see how those words could be any more clearer.

What Christian refers to God as a "too confident God"?! Reflecting upon the ways which we displease God? I could have sworn that's what we do when we repent for our sins.

Never heard that one before. So now Christians are too action orientated? What the hell kind of Christian is this man?! When has sitting around in church pews ever saved anyone?! If starting hospitals, and missions, and feeding the poor, and building homes and shelters is too action orientated in the eyes of John Shore, I can't imagine what his definition of being idle would be?!

More evidence this guy is a fluke. Separation of church and state? If he had any intelligence whatsoever, he would that is not possible and never has been! If you live in a population where 80% of it's citizens are religious, you will NEVER successfully have a separation. Besides that obviousness, people's religious beliefs will ALWAYS influence their politics. If I'm a Christian, there's no way in Hell I'm going to vote for an Atheist or Satanist as my president. It doesn't matter whether separation of church and state is practiced in public, religion will always dominate politics in the voting booth. You got to be a complete dunce to not realize that.

Okay this should be the ultimate red flag for anyone who calls themselves Christians. The whole point of Christianity is believing that Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins. The reason we're all alive is because of him doing this. If John Shore believes that Christians are not suppose to tell other people about why we're sinners and need a savior and trying to preach the word so they can be saved, then he has completely invalided his own beliefs!!! There is no point in being a Christian if we weren't told our sins and how we need Jesus Christ to be saved and go to Heaven!! That is how every Christian becomes a Christian!! Let God worry about the non-Christians?!! REALLY?!!!

Mark 16:15
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

If it wasn't for Christians going out into the world preaching about sin and repentance and Jesus, there would not be the enormous amount of Christians that there are in the world today!!! It seems our method is working just fine!!! Just look at Atheist China!! Missionaries were not even allowed into their country less than 15 years ago! Now they boasts more than 80+Million Christians in their country!! People are STILL being saved!! If it wasn't for Christians preaching the word, NO ONE would be!!!

He sounds exactly like an atheist. Toting the logic sales pitch even though those hypocrites solidly believe in invisible energy and atoms and elements. The basis for our beliefs in Jesus Christ comes from faith. Something you cannot see or prove but believe. For God says in the Bible

2 Corinthians 5:7
We live by faith, not by sight.

Romans 8:24
For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has?

2 Corinthians 4:18
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

So John doesn't live by faith, he lives by his logic. Which is what Atheist (who have no hope according to the Bible) believe. And he's a Christian? Does he know he believes in a man he has never seen or heard before? So that makes him a hypocrite.

Too fixated on Homosexuality? We are not the ones fixated on homosexuality. It's homosexuals who make it everyone's business that throw it in everyone's faces and make it so. Them and their atheist comrades love to blame and protest Christianity for damn near everything that goes wrong in their lives. Christianity has ALWAYS been in opposition to homosexuality. I hate it when people are acting like it's a brand new subject. It has never been brand new!! God says in the Bible

Leviticus 18:22
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

1 Corinthians 6:9
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?
Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor
effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

And let's not forget how God rained down fire and brimstone over Sodom and Gomorrah. A city completely filled with humans practicing homosexuality.

It is our job to speak out against ALL TYPES of sin. Atheist and homosexuals purposely choose to focus on that and persecute the church. It is not our fault. It is theirs. But even then, just because you might be committing these acts, there is still time to repent and turn away from them so you can go to Heaven. I hate it when people automatically think that God is some mean and evil person because he will not have sin in his own kingdom. If there was sin there, there wouldn't be any point to having a Heaven. That is what Hell is for. Accept Jesus Christ as your savior, repent of all your sin and try to lead a Godly life and you can go to Heaven!! Atheist and homosexuals all have a chance at eternal life.

We should stop hanging out with other Christians? Again, John is in complete opposition to God. He has another opinion about that.

2 Corinthians 6:14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship
hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light
with darkness?

Who the hell says we don't?! I know plenty of atheist and plenty of Satanist and plenty of Muslims and on and on. This whole entire list is an attack on evangelical Christians because according to John, we are so damn absorbed in our little Christian world, we couldn't possibly know any Atheist. What an idiot.

This absolutely sealed the deal for me that this guy is a farse. He just blatantly denied the Bible is the word of God!! He also takes the opportunity to insult Christians and becomes even more hypocritical. How does he says Christians are uneducated about the Bible when he advocates everything in the Bible that God tells us he is against?! The Bible is the manual and guidance to how Christians should live out our lives. He is speaking out against everything that the Bible stands for. And he calls himself a Christian?!

So let me get this straight.

He doesn't believe in the Bible but calls himself a Christian. So in that reason, he doesn't live out his life with Godly principles. So how is he suppose to know what is wrong or right in God's eyes? And he has the audacity to try to call out other Christians on being a Christian?!

In other words, this whole entire list is comprised of what a real Christian is. The author is the one who doesn't believe in the God of the Bible, he doesn't believe in sin, so he is not a Christian at all. And much like an Atheist, he thinks he has credit to judge what a real Christian is? I don't think so. He can take his BS somewhere where fools will fall for it. I will never forget this verse in the Bible.

We wonder why there's gay Christian churches, mega churches, liberal churches, prosperity gospel churches, universalist churches, money hoarding churches, and so on and so on. Because in the last days, man will NOT put up with sound doctrine. And John Shore is the prime evidence of this. Worldly/Liberal Christians would have forsaken the word of God for a lie and now has the audacity to try to criticize real Bible-believing Christians on what it means to be a real Christian. Ultra pathetic, fake, & laughable. We'll see what God has to say when they all stand before him and give him the reasons why they denied his word and truth for lies.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:55 PM

63,431 posts, read 39,679,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Amen! Touche'

Old 08-13-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Au contraire. Thank you for proving God right.

Hope you enjoy being a last days apostate. Good luck at the rapture and the heavenly gates.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:02 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,063,264 times
Thanks for sharing that hilgi. I agree with the sentiment of the 10 points apart from #1, because i do believe God wants us to prosper.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Au contraire. Thank you for proving God right.

Hope you enjoy being a last days apostate. Good luck at the rapture and the heavenly gates.
Call me crazy but I consider putting all the praise, power and salvation on Jesus a lot more sound than saying it is up to us to save ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Thanks for sharing that hilgi. I agree with the sentiment of the 10 points apart from #1, because i do believe God wants us to prosper.
I don't think he is saying prospering is bad, he is just making a point that many Christians are quick to talk about the literal bible when it is attacking others but quick to ignore it about themselves.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Call me crazy but I consider putting all the praise, power and salvation on Jesus a lot more sound than saying it is up to us to save ourselves.
1 Timothy 4:16
Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

Quote:
I don't think he is saying prospering is bad, he is just making a point that many Christians are quick to talk about the literal bible when it is attacking others but quick to ignore it about themselves.
Ezekiel 3:18
When I say to a wicked man, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. But if you do warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his evil ways, he will die for his sin; but you will have saved yourself.

I am not going to held accountable for anyone's blood or why they end up in Hell because I was too sweet to tell them about sin.

Last edited by allenk893; 08-13-2011 at 07:05 PM..

Old 08-13-2011, 07:04 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,063,264 times
Quote:

Right My bad

Old 08-13-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
1 Timothy 4:16
Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

Ezekiel 3:18
When I say to a wicked man, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. But if you do warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his evil ways, he will die for his sin; but you will have saved yourself.

I am not going to held accountable for anyone's blood or why they end up in Hell because I was too sweet to tell them about sin.
You are my new poster child for this thread I started last year.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...rse-verse.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity