U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 07:11 PM

3,066 posts, read 1,465,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusta33 View Post
That's makes no sense considering Medjugorje hasn't been approved by the Church.
RESPONSE:

Actually, it was for awhile, but now the Church has reversed this.

In the case of some other supposed Marian apparitions, some that did have Church approval have been modified or dropped. For example:

" I. - It seems, in fact, that we do not have here the secret handed by the Bishop of Grenoble's envoys to HH Pope Pius IX in 1851. In its present form, it was written by Melanie Calvat, but on various occasions and in successive fragments, and seems rather to be the result of a personal composition than an exact repetition of the original text given to Pius IX, and which is said to be no longer in the Vatican.

" II. - As it stands, this secret has no value other than as Melanie Calvat's personal statement, supported by the signature of two bishops from around Naples. Melanie seems to have been sincerely pious, but she may have been deluded, and it seems that her 'mission', instead of extending to our period, ended with the Church's recognition of the reality of the Apparition.

Counterfeiting of the LaSallette Apparitions

Melanie, the seeress, changed her original story causing a small panic in the Church which had "approved" the La Salette apparation as genuine. The Vatican particularly didn't like Melanie's revised account that Mary said that the Anti-Christ would sit on the throne of Peter!

"ROME WILL LOSE THE FAITH AND BECOME THE SEAT OF ANTICHRIST"

Last edited by ancient warrior; 08-18-2011 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: addition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 12:42 AM

141 posts, read 54,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
RESPONSE:

No. I plan to stick with Catholicism (Christianity), and perhaps help restore it to what it originally was, rather than what it has become.

Do you mean Catholicism as in the Protestant use of the word "universal" church? If not then why did you add "(Christianity)" ?

And restore it to what? Why would Christ's church need "restoring"??

Old 08-19-2011, 12:45 AM

[quote=ancient warrior;20515144]RESPONSE:

Wrong. It has never been approved.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:47 AM

3,614 posts, read 2,701,276 times
i have met some so called catholics such as some of the posters here and instead of supporting and bolstering this faith all they do is attempt to create dissension and turmoil----now would CHRIST want that or is that more of a desire of HIS KNOWN ENEMY????

Old 08-19-2011, 01:16 AM

Quote:
RESPONSE:

If you provide a list, I could check them off.

Of course that would be a very long post. And an unending post since the Church keeps adding new doctrines and dogmas.
Ancient, surely you know the major doctrines I'm referring to [sigh]. But I'll list a few nonetheless.

Do you believe in:

1) The Real Presence of the Eucharist?

2) The primacy of Peter?

3) Oral Tradition?

4) Purgatory?

Ancient, if you'd like to hear why I chose to become Catholic feel free to PM me anytime.

Blessings & peace,

augusta

Old 08-19-2011, 07:15 AM

[quote=Augusta33;20518548]
Quote:
RESPONSE:

Wrong. It has never been approved.
RESPONSE:

As reported in Wikipedia:

"John Paul IIJohn Paul II, the Pope at the time the apparitions began, also began making comments about Međugorje. The Slovak-born bishop Pavol Hnilica claimed that in March 1984, John Paul told him, "Međugorje is the fulfillment and continuation of Fatima."[18] Later, on August 1, 1989, the Holy Father stated to Bishop Hnilica: "Today the world has lost the supernatural. Many people sought it and found it in Međugorje through prayer, fasting and through confession."[18] Then the following year the Korean Catholic (Nov. 11, 1990) reported the following conversation between Archbishop Angelo Kim and John Paul: "Thanks to you, Poland has now been freed from Communism", the archbishop said. "No, not me", replied the Holy Father, "but by the works of the Blessed Virgin according to her affirmations at Fatima and Međugorje."

"That same year Cardinal Agnelo Rossi, the Dean of the College of Cardinals, awarded the Italian Sapienza Award to the book A Thousand Encounters with the Gospa in Međugorje by Fr. Janko Bubalo. And Cardinal Giuseppe Siri of Genoa, Italy, stated in 1989, "I have noticed that the people who come from Međugorje become apostles."[17]"

Status of Me

Don't Catholic believe what the pope says?

However, since the mid-80's the Church has reveresed its original position on Medugorje

I also understand that alleged "miraculous cures" at Lourdes are no longer being reported and it's medical commission has closed.

Does anyone have information on this?

Last edited by ancient warrior; 08-19-2011 at 07:20 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-19-2011, 07:21 AM

22,862 posts, read 10,747,029 times
Quote:
Do you mean Catholicism as in the Protestant use of the word "universal" church? If not then why did you add "(Christianity)" ?
It needs restoring because the endless and continuing corruption of the hierarchy has been devastating to Christ's Gospel. How anyone who actually studies the history of the hierarchy could possibly trust their pronouncements as of God is beyond me. (This is equally true of the other Christian churches as well). There is no institution run by humans that is free from corruption and evil, period. ONLY the Living Christ who abides with us and His Holy Spirit within remains free from corruption . . . (but we can ignore, misinterpret or deny His guidance for our own selfish reasons in our weakness). Deep down we will always know what is wrong and evil.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:23 AM

Quote:

RESPONSE:

The Catholic Church was termed the Christian Church in the first century.

Because the present evolved teachings of the CHurch differ so radically for those found in first century Christianity

Old 08-19-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
RESPONSE:

This is what you said before and I told you it hasn't. Please provide evidence that Medjurgorje was ever approved. It happens to be one of my favorites and I'm certain it wasn't.

In the case of some other supposed Marian apparitions, some that did have Church approval have been modified or dropped. For example:

" I. - It seems, in fact, that we do not have here the secret handed by the Bishop of Grenoble's envoys to HH Pope Pius IX in 1851. In its present form, it was written by Melanie Calvat, but on various occasions and in successive fragments, and seems rather to be the result of a personal composition than an exact repetition of the original text given to Pius IX, and which is said to be no longer in the Vatican.

" II. - As it stands, this secret has no value other than as Melanie Calvat's personal statement, supported by the signature of two bishops from around Naples. Melanie seems to have been sincerely pious, but she may have been deluded, and it seems that her 'mission', instead of extending to our period, ended with the Church's recognition of the reality of the Apparition.

Counterfeiting of the LaSallette Apparitions

Melanie, the seeress, changed her original story causing a small panic in the Church which had "approved" the La Salette apparation as genuine. The Vatican particularly didn't like Melanie's revised account that Mary said that the Anti-Christ would sit on the throne of Peter!

"ROME WILL LOSE THE FAITH AND BECOME THE SEAT OF ANTICHRIST"

I don't know, I have read much about La Salette. Have you checked this info against an approved site?

Old 08-19-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
RESPONSE:

The Catholic Church was termed the Christian Church in the first century.

Actually it was termed the Catholic Church in the Bible.

Because the present evolved teachings of the CHurch differ so radically for those found in first century Christianity

Ancient, please reread my post. I was asking why you worded your response the way you did - what you meant when you added "(Christianity)" beside Catholic?

Did you mean "catholic" as in the "universal church", OR the Roman Catholic Church?

Also, ancient, don't forget to reply to the post where you were going to tell me which doctrines you do believe in.

Last edited by Augusta33; 08-19-2011 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: to add part
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity