U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 06:03 AM

488 posts, read 871,465 times

Advertisements

Europe threatens to recognize Palestinian state: Europe's foreign ministers have threatened to recognize an independent Palestinian state to punish Israeli refusal to halt "illegal" Jewish settlements.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/8199643/Europe-threatens-to-recognise-Palestinian-state.html

The European Union: Challenges for Israeli Diplomacy
http://www.israelunitycoalition.org/news/?p=6598

Germany Pushes Israelis on Peace
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/08/world/europe/08iht-germany08.html

'France, Britain may recognize Palestinian state'
http://www.jpost.com/DiplomacyAndPolitics/Article.aspx?ID=219281&R=R1

Israeli West Bank settlement plans irks US, Palestinian Authority
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/310412

Palestinian state gaining support among UN members
http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/middleeast/news/article_1653327.php/Palestinian-state-gaining-support-among-UN-members

Vatican synod calls for end to Israel’s ‘occupation’
http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=192474

Vatican calls for independent Palestinian state 'soon'
http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=223517

Obama to Israel: Go back to 1967 borders
http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/5469373-418/story.html

Obama calls for Israel's return to pre-1967 borders
http://articles.cnn.com/2011-05-19/politics/obama.israel.palestinians_1_israel-palestinian-conflict-borders-settlements?_s=PM:POLITICS

Report: US gives Netanyahu ultimatum on resuming talks
http://www.jpost.com/Headlines/Article.aspx?id=224618

Jerusalem Embassy Act: Presidential Memorandum:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/06/03/presidential-memorandum-jerusalem-embassy-act

Obama Again Chooses Friday Afternoon to Renew the Jerusalem Embassy Waiver
Obama’s stance was proof that neither the U.S. nor the world recognizes Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, Rudeineh told the agency. “The world has made it clear that East Jerusalem has been occupied since 1967 and that it is the capital of the State of Palestine in the framework of the two-state solution.”
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-again-chooses-friday-afternoon-ren

Statement by Press Secretary/Director-General for Press and Public Relations, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan, on the decision of the Government of Israel regarding the construction of housing units at settlements in West Bank including East Jerusalem: March 11, 2010
The Government of Japan deplores the decisions of the Government of Israel to give permission for the construction of 1,600 housing units in East Jerusalem in addition to 112 units in West Bank just after the Israeli and Palestinian leadership’s acceptance of the start of indirect talks. The Government of Japan does not recognize any act that prejudges the final status of Jerusalem and the territories in the pre-1967 borders. Japan demands that the plans should not be implemented.
http://www.mofa.go.jp/announce/announce/2010/3/0311_01.html

One year later on March 11, 2011 a major earthquake that created a destructive tsunami also moved the main island of Japan by 8 feet (2.4 meters) and shifted the Earth on its axis. The Japanese earthquake was the fourth most powerful ever recorded with a magnitude of 9.0 and triggered a nuclear disaster.

Zechariah 12:8 (KJV): In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.

Zechariah 12:2 (KJV): Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.

Zechariah 12:9 (KJV): And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Zechariah 14:2 (KJV): For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Psalm 83 (KJV):

1Keep not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God. 2For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head. 3They have taken crafty counsel against thy people, and consulted against thy hidden ones. 4They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance. 5For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee: 6The tabernacles of Edom, and the Ishmaelites; of Moab, and the Hagarenes; 7Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek; the Philistines with the inhabitants of Tyre; 8Assur also is joined with them: they have holpen the children of Lot. Selah. 9Do unto them as unto the Midianites; as to Sisera, as to Jabin, at the brook of Kison: 10Which perished at Endor: they became as dung for the earth. 11Make their nobles like Oreb, and like Zeeb: yea, all their princes as Zebah, and as Zalmunna: 12Who said, Let us take to ourselves the houses of God in possession. 13O my God, make them like a wheel; as the stubble before the wind. 14As the fire burneth a wood, and as the flame setteth the mountains on fire; 15So persecute them with thy tempest, and make them afraid with thy storm. 16Fill their faces with shame; that they may seek thy name, O LORD. 17Let them be confounded and troubled for ever; yea, let them be put to shame, and perish: 18That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the MOST HIGH over all the earth.

To see the words of Jesus on the issue: (two important letters are included)
2011 August
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 12:40 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,116,987 times
The question is: if the current state called "Israel" is blessed by God, then apparently Jesus' teachings hold no water: violence is fine, stealing people's land is too, coveting other people's property is holy, etc...

Even the notion of salvation is out the window, since Jews apparently get a free ticket to heaven just for being Jews.

Aisi, "Israel" has absolutely nothing to do with God. It is the nth example of political parties and interest groups using the name of God for selfish gains.

"Thou shalt not kill."

"Thou shalt not steal."

"Thou shalt not covet other people's possessions."

"Thou shalt not bear false witness."

Of course, the Christians who support Israel are only doing so because they believe that 2/3 of Jews must be killed so that Jesus can return.

A truly sad situation, all the way around..

Blessings friend,
brian

Old 08-21-2011, 12:49 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,124,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
The question is: if the current state called "Israel" is blessed by God, then apparently Jesus' teachings hold no water: violence is fine, stealing people's land is too, coveting other people's property is holy, etc...

Even the notion of salvation is out the window, since Jews apparently get a free ticket to heaven just for being Jews.

Aisi, "Israel" has absolutely nothing to do with God. It is the nth example of political parties and interest groups using the name of God for selfish gains.

"Thou shalt not kill."

"Thou shalt not steal."

"Thou shalt not covet other people's possessions."

"Thou shalt not bear false witness."

Of course, the Christians who support Israel are only doing so because they believe that 2/3 of Jews must be killed so that Jesus can return.

A truly sad situation, all the way around..

Blessings friend,
brian
And if all of the above doesn't show one how truly asinine it all is...well, we just won't go there.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:21 PM

15,511 posts, read 12,554,906 times
Perhaps Israel is feeling the wrath of God(swt). It is an error to think of Israel as being a Nation of God(swt) the majority of Israeli Jews (some estimate 90%) are non-practicing and at least 30% do not believe in God(swt). Israel is a godless secular nation, Many Jews were and still are opposed to the establishment of Israel. Even the Jews in Iran refused to migrate to Israel.

Israel is founded on the Christian belief that the second coming of Jesus will come after the Jews have a land of their own. They preached that the land originally belonged to the Jews as the Muslims did not arrive until after the Birth of Muhammad(PBUH). but they fail to realise, Islam as a religion came into the Area, but the Palestinians were there long before the Jews, they were the Philistines, Palestine was Falastine written in the bible as Philastine and today as Palestine. The Palestinians were from the original tribes in the area. Many if not all were Jews prior to accepting Islam. Even after accepting Islam many Palestinians remained Jewish or Christian.

The land was illegally taken from the Palestinians.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:48 PM

37,613 posts, read 25,300,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Perhaps Israel is feeling the wrath of God(swt). It is an error to think of Israel as being a Nation of God(swt) the majority of Israeli Jews (some estimate 90%) are non-practicing and at least 30% do not believe in God(swt). Israel is a godless secular nation, Many Jews were and still are opposed to the establishment of Israel. Even the Jews in Iran refused to migrate to Israel.

Israel is founded on the Christian belief that the second coming of Jesus will come after the Jews have a land of their own. They preached that the land originally belonged to the Jews as the Muslims did not arrive until after the Birth of Muhammad(PBUH). but they fail to realise, Islam as a religion came into the Area, but the Palestinians were there long before the Jews, they were the Philistines, Palestine was Falastine written in the bible as Philastine and today as Palestine. The Palestinians were from the original tribes in the area. Many if not all were Jews prior to accepting Islam. Even after accepting Islam many Palestinians remained Jewish or Christian.

I knew that eventually you would reveal your true colors, Wood. Islam is so predictable and transparent. There is no clear basis for the claims of so-called "Palestinians" over the claims of so-called "Israelites." The archeological evidence is sparse and ambiguous as are the cultural and oral histories of the region. Bottom line . . . both groups MAY have equal moral claims to the land. But the rule of possession and the exigencies of real politik make that a moot point. If saner heads do not prevail among the religiously tenacious, barbaric and culturally backward majority in Islam . . . the ultimate outcome will be disastrous for all concerned.

Neither the Jewish G_d nor the Islamic Allah will have anything to do with the eventual slaughter and devastation. It will be entirely man-made and the outcome will not be a win for either side . . . or for the world. Of course . . . trying to convince fundamentalist religious types of that is virtually impossible. Bah . . . humbug. I am disappointed by your bias, Wood.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:50 PM

3,337 posts, read 2,486,625 times
Quote:

The Jews said God told them to take it from them.

Doesn't sound very practical if you want peace.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

this is not true...

Quote:

neither is this

Old 08-21-2011, 01:54 PM

3,337 posts, read 2,486,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
this is not true...

neither is this
How do you know it isn't true?

Do you know how and why the State of Israel exists today?

Old 08-21-2011, 02:09 PM

15,511 posts, read 12,554,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I knew that eventually you would reveal your true colors, Wood. Islam is so predictable and transparent. There is no clear basis for the claims of so-called "Palestinians" over the claims of so-called "Israelites." The archeological evidence is sparse and ambiguous as are the cultural and oral histories of the region. Bottom line . . . both groups MAY have equal moral claims to the land. But the rule of possession and the exigencies of real politik make that a moot point. If saner heads do not prevail among the religiously tenacious, barbaric and culturally backward majority in Islam . . . the ultimate outcome will be disastrous for all concerned.

Neither the Jewish G_d nor the Islamic Allah will have anything to do with the eventual slaughter and devastation. It will be entirely man-made and the outcome will not be a win for either side . . . or for the world. Of course . . . trying to convince fundamentalist religious types of that is virtually impossible. Bah . . . humbug. I am disappointed by your bias, Wood.
I was against the establishment of Israel for as long as I can remember. Long before I accepted Islam. so that is not coming from Islam, but from my personal feelings. I had and still have many Jewish friends. Actually by birth right I am considered to be Jewish as my mother's Grandmother, on her mother's side was a Jewish convert to Catholicism.

As a teen I actually considered reestablishing my Jewish roots, but for the wrong reasons, I was thinking about getting free land in Israel.

I am not anti-Jewish, but I am and have always been anti-Israel, not because they are Jewish, but because the land was stolen to create the State. I met a number of displaced Palestinians that had migrated to Connecticut in the early 1950s. They were very broken people who had lost all they owned. I did and still do have sympathy for them.

Now spending time among the Lakotah I see much similarity between what happened to them and what happened to the Palestinians.

Old 08-21-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
How do you know it isn't true?

Do you know how and why the State of Israel exists today?
I know very well why the State of Israel exists today, it exists because it is the will of God and it is written by his prophets, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Jeremiah, Amos, Zechariah... please try not to drag me into a debate about it, I need no human reasoning from anybody.. That the world is moving towards Armageddon is as sure as eggs is eggs.. just read the daily headlines, or the links in the OP, a very harsh era in history is about to set in...

now this is for christians only,
if you really took it into your head to waste your time trying to persuade others to go against Israel, or why we should reject Israel or why that land does not belong to Israel, or why Jerusalem cannot be the capital of Israel, or why the Jews have to be exiled, massacred etc... please, get it out of your mind now, and do not even think about proving anything in vain. God made an everlasting covenant with Israel and the Abrahamic covenant speaks for itself. you are free to accept it, twist it, reject it, ignore it, but that's your own business..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity