U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 02:37 PM

2,933 posts, read 2,027,192 times
Default Jesus is God but no "Trinity"

I have heard it said from some on the forum that they believe that Jesus is God, "God" being a title, but they do not believe in the trinity.

I also believe that Jesus is God, when he was begotten of God I believe that means he is the very same essence of God, but what I also believe is that same essence that came from God is also in every human born as a seed.

I believe that the seed needs to be germinated by the Holy Spirit and fed by the Holy Spirit which is also the same essence as God.

This seed is the body of Christ which was sown in corruption and which is to be gathered back to Christ.

I am interested in your thoughts on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 02:44 PM

3,450 posts, read 1,424,915 times
I highly recommend looking up "Dr. Walter Martin" in his discussion with pentecostals on the John Ankelberg (sp?) show on google video or youtube. He goes to the scripture and what it says. The basic devision of doctrine is a triune God three distict gods or one God as three persons.

Another good vid to check out is Chuck Misslers exposition on the trinity. Basically God is one existing as three distinct but unified persons - an essence of the one true God we can't fully comprehend as humans.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:49 PM

6,805 posts, read 4,397,658 times
I don't believe in any trinity of God. However. I believe god as spirit includes the titles "father" and " holy spirit". As for Jesus, I believe he spoke God's words which in that era was considered deified but not as we think of it nowadays.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:24 PM

5,501 posts, read 2,220,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
I have heard it said from some on the forum that they believe that Jesus is God, "God" being a title, but they do not believe in the trinity.

I also believe that Jesus is God, when he was begotten of God I believe that means he is the very same essence of God, but what I also believe is that same essence that came from God is also in every human born as a seed.

I believe that the seed needs to be germinated by the Holy Spirit and fed by the Holy Spirit which is also the same essence as God.

This seed is the body of Christ which was sown in corruption and which is to be gathered back to Christ.

I am interested in your thoughts on this.
My belief is that, there is only one GOD and his Spirit dwelt in the sinless man who was named Jesus...born out of woman, who in turn, experienced death to become the "Christ=salvation" and freed us from the bondage of death so that man can have LIFE with the Holy Spirit within.aisi

On the cross, God's Spirit had to withdraw from man (death has no bearing with the Creator) in order that Jesus, the son of man can complete the purpose of his being, to die, so that we may live, thus this cry...
"Father, father...why have you forsaken me!" Psalm 22:1, Mark 15:34

Peace!

Old 08-23-2011, 03:27 PM

6,519 posts, read 4,008,543 times
Is "I have no clue" acceptable? I sure hope so.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:27 PM

5,213 posts, read 3,032,959 times
John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, [even] the Son of man which is in heaven

....seems to suggest that Christ, although on earth in bodily form, was in Heaven at the same time.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:45 PM

9,106 posts, read 4,469,986 times
Since the word "trinity" is a coined word, the closest word used at the time (when the Bible was penned) is "Deity" when the word appears in Colossians 2:9.

The Father by himself is not a "Deity"... but the Father is called God
The Son by himself is not a "Deity"... but the Son is called God
The Holy Spirit by himself is not a "Deity"... but the H.S. is called God
All co-equal, all co-eternal. 3 persons yet 1 God, not 3 gods.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, [even] the Son of man which is in heaven

....seems to suggest that Christ, although on earth in bodily form, was in Heaven at the same time.
Ken, I agree - the context of this was about what is flesh (earthly) and what is spirit (heavenly) I believe that humans are composite of earth and spirit

What is born of the flesh is flesh and what is born of the spirit is spirit

Joh 1:3 All things were made *by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

*I notice that the word translated as by is the greek word dia which usually has the meaning through

G1223
διά
dia
dee-ah'
A primary preposition denoting the channel of an act; through (in very wide applications, local, causal or occasional). In composition it retains the same general import: - after, always, among, at, to avoid, because of (that), briefly, by, for (cause) . . . fore, from, in, by occasion of, of, by reason of, for sake, that, thereby, therefore, X though, through (-out), to, wherefore, with (-in). In composition it retains the same general import.

I believe that just as Jesus is the pre-existent Christ/logos of God which was begotten of God, we have that same essence, but only through Christ

Old 08-23-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
I highly recommend looking up "Dr. Walter Martin" in his discussion with pentecostals on the John Ankelberg (sp?) show on google video or youtube. He goes to the scripture and what it says. The basic devision of doctrine is a triune God three distict gods or one God as three persons.

Another good vid to check out is Chuck Misslers exposition on the trinity. Basically God is one existing as three distinct but unified persons - an essence of the one true God we can't fully comprehend as humans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Since the word "trinity" is a coined word, the closest word used at the time (when the Bible was penned) is "Deity" when the word appears in Colossians 2:9.

The Father by himself is not a "Deity"... but the Father is called God
The Son by himself is not a "Deity"... but the Son is called God
The Holy Spirit by himself is not a "Deity"... but the H.S. is called God
All co-equal, all co-eternal. 3 persons yet 1 God, not 3 gods.
Thanks for your replies - I am not wanting to discuss/debate the trinity, more exploring the idea of our relationship to God through Christ....

Old 08-23-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I don't believe in any trinity of God. However. I believe god as spirit includes the titles "father" and " holy spirit". As for Jesus, I believe he spoke God's words which in that era was considered deified but not as we think of it nowadays.
I believe that he did speak Gods words and there was a little extra happening as well on the spiritual level
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity