Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 08:44 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

I think the OP epitomizes the misconception man as of God and the darkness we are in due to our eye not being single ,his god is always on man's case, always against him and always threatening to destroy man,even though God's creation was subjected to vanity against its own will.The bottom line for me is fundamental evangelical christianity is a fear factory and it thrives on fear.

For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
I agree pcamps. Fear is the "currency" used by hyper-fundamentalists. Those who deal in and trade in fear have locked themselves in prison and desire to lock others up. Fortunately, whom the Son sets free is FREE INDEED.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 08:48 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Some people actually believe that Israel is the Jewish Nation prophesied. The Majority of the world's Jews do not live in Israel. The third temple has not been built. Israel is a secular nation. Nearly 90% of the Israeli Jews do not practice their faith. Israel has one of, if not the highest percentage rates of atheism in the world, an estimated 35% of Israelis profess to be atheist.

Does that sound like the prophesied Jewish Nation?

Old 08-29-2011, 08:51 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I agree pcamps. Fear is the "currency" used by hyper-fundamentalists. Those who deal in and trade in fear have locked themselves in prison and desire to lock others up. Fortunately, whom the Son sets free is FREE INDEED.
This is the result of not being open to His teachings and twisting the Word of God to suit your own beliefs. When He speaks of being set free He is clearly speaking of being born again and being set free... from sin.

"Unless you repent... you WILL perish".

Slavery... to what? SIN

Set free from what? SIN

Old 08-29-2011, 08:57 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,111 times
Bible Gateway online concordance
John 8 KJV - Jesus went unto the mount of Olives And - Bible Gateway

John 8:34-36

34Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

35And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 36If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Slavery to what?

Set free from what?

Luke 17:3
So watch yourselves!“If another believer sins, rebuke that person; then if there is repentance, forgive.

Sorry Heartsong but I couldn't let you mislead others like that. It's not about you, it's about others being mislead.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:06 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Do you see these earthquakes in DC and Colorado?! That's just the TIP of the iceberg!! The U.S. government is turning it's back against Israel and we will suffer because of it!!They are wicked and disgusting excuses for a governing body!! If Obama and his demonic crew do not repent, they will possibly perish in the upcoming judgements of God!! Some of you Moderator cut: delete really think this is a joke! God burned down Sodom & Gomorrah!! He flooded the entire Earth!! He is not playing games with you!! You are either on fire for the Lord or you are not!! Repent!! The kingdom of God is at hand!! You do not know when the next earthquake or flood will strike where you live! Are you prepared to see the Lord?! If you are not, I suggest you stopped reading this post right now, get on your knees and repent for your sins and ask the Lord to help prepare you for the rapture!! He is coming!! If Obama says yes to Israel becoming Palestine, we are officially DOOMED!! God will split the U.S. in half just like Israel and many people are going to die and our economy will plunge into oblivion!! You think the great depression is bad?! Wait until you live the great depression in the last days!! When people are FAR more evil than ever before! That will be a REAL treat!! You will regret the day you ever mocked God or his people!! Read your Bibles!! Prophecy is coming to pass and you do not have much time!! The messiah is returning for his church!! Do not get left behind with these evil people on Earth!! You think people are bad now?! Wait until the holy spirit leaves the Earth!! You will see what hell on Earth truly is!! More earthquakes, tsunamis, floods, hurricanes, and famines are coming!! Repent so no matter what happens, the Lord will take care of you!! You WILL see Heaven!! But you must turn to him!! You do not have much time!! Bigger disasters are coming!
How sad to see the world in such a completely irrational light while still a teenager. The misery before you, all of your own making, is going to destroy you as a person and guarantee zero happiness. Sad..........

Old 08-29-2011, 09:07 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
So watch yourselves!“If another believer sins, rebuke that person; then if there is repentance, forgive.

Sorry Heartsong but I couldn't let you mislead others like that. It's not about you, it's about others being mislead.
The spin! If you must quote something attributed to Jesus, quote it without paraphrasing to fit your whim. Not getting it? Compare the two:
“If another believer sins, rebuke that person; then if there is repentance, forgive."
“If another believer sins against you, rebuke that person; then if there is repentance, forgive."

Jesus was a preacher of "minding your own business". The problem is that those calling themselves Christians, lead a life calling out others' personal matters.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:09 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
He is a young man totally immersed in his ministry to those who visit this board.
You misspelled misery

Old 08-29-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
You misspelled misery
Made me smile

Old 08-29-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Bible Gateway online concordance
John 8 KJV - Jesus went unto the mount of Olives And - Bible Gateway

John 8:34-36

34Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

35And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 36If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Slavery to what?

Set free from what?

I am not leading anyone anywhere. We are to follow Christ. I never tell anyone to follow me. And BTW, I disagree with you. But it's nothing personal - just the way it is.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:05 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post

You are absolutely right.
Fear is their weapon.
It gives them "POWER".

When those who have been set free, are no longer UNDER fear....
the ones throwing fear around, lose that power.

What happens when people lose that power? The fear they yield as a weapon comes back on them and bites them like a rabid dog. THEY start to fear.... fearing their loss of power... that is when just like the rabid dog, you see them foaming at the mouth, yelling from the pulpit. Pulling out all their various weapons in their arsenal, to try to be sure to KEEP the ones they have in bondage, tied up and gagged.

GOD IS LOVE.
Perfect love casts out ALL fear.

Quote:
Fortunately, whom the Son sets free is FREE INDEED
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity