Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 10:31 PM

207 posts, read 535,687 times

Advertisements

I have believe in God all of my life. I attended a Catholic church my whole life. My mom convinces me there is no hell or heaven until Jesus comes back. She asked do I really believe in the afterlife. i told her I do and that I am not afraid of death because I believe I will be in a better place. She disagrees of course.
here a video which I truely believe happened. Then there was a another video I couldn't find where a teenager was killed in a car crash by a drunk driver and she contacted her mother and grandmother on 2 different occasions telling them she is okay and that she is with the Lord.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuVXImzoO6Q
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 01:54 AM

33,531 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Default Doesn't this prove there is life after death?

No.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:31 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,158 times
idk but I thought it was interesting that she told her gma that she's already seen her mom,and that was true..her mom had a vision bf she did.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:50 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkAquarius View Post
I have believe in God all of my life. I attended a Catholic church my whole life. My mom convinces me there is no hell or heaven until Jesus comes back. She asked do I really believe in the afterlife. i told her I do and that I am not afraid of death because I believe I will be in a better place. She disagrees of course.
here a video which I truely believe happened. Then there was a another video I couldn't find where a teenager was killed in a car crash by a drunk driver and she contacted her mother and grandmother on 2 different occasions telling them she is okay and that she is with the Lord.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuVXImzoO6Q
I wouldn't go chasing after proof of life after death, if I were you. I say this as Christian believer. AFAIC it is a distraction.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:55 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
People who have passed on can not come back and tell people in the earth nothing , as the Lord does not allow this to happen , but the devil will send demons to tell people this as a confusion against the the Lord and his purpose........ Still the Lord can tell people that a person who passed is collected and then the Lord took the passed person and has them now , which The Lord does to comfort people who morn the death , which the Lord does not lie about these things ..... don`t be deceived about the deceptive demons ,,,,,, but be blessed in Christ

Old 08-24-2011, 05:50 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,306 times
I have a pretty cool story that happened several years ago...one of my coworkers came to work and was in shock about something that happened that morning. Turns out his ex wife died from a drug overdose several days before hand. His family came down to help him out with the funeral arrangements and babysit his 3 1/2 year old, Abbie. He asked that one talk to her about the death because he needed time to talk to her.

That morning, he was leaving to go to work and his mother waived him down. She asked him if he had said anything to Abbie about her mom and he said "no". She replied, "you need to go talk to her now!" She was in the backyard playing and he asked her "Abbie, did anyone speak to you about mommy?" She replied that Jesus came to her last night, told her that her mom was with him and she was ok! He was in shock! Mind you, no one said anything to her about her mother. He then asked her if she wanted to talk about it but she said "no daddy, I'm ok. I just want to play."

That story gives me chills each time I think about it!

Old 08-25-2011, 01:34 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
People who have passed on can not come back and tell people in the earth nothing , as the Lord does not allow this to happen , but the devil will send demons to tell people this as a confusion against the the Lord and his purpose........ Still the Lord can tell people that a person who passed is collected and then the Lord took the passed person and has them now , which The Lord does to comfort people who morn the death , which the Lord does not lie about these things ..... don`t be deceived about the deceptive demons ,,,,,, but be blessed in Christ

so.....the devil is sending demons masquerading as Angels who promote peace,love and faith in the name of Jesus Christ?
I see.....and this serves what useful purpose to the devil??

Old 08-25-2011, 05:45 AM

2,070 posts, read 2,161,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
What a truly sad belief that you have. On the contrary, spirits who were people come back all the time to communicate with us as they are as alive as they ever were on earth... what they don't have, of course, is a skeleton and organs... but they got everything else!

Ever heard of a Guardian Angel? Well, we've all got one and it may be that it was a relative, like our grandmother, mother, father, etc.

All spirits are not demons and this is a false teaching... just ask Jesus.

http://www.truthforallpeople.com

Old 08-25-2011, 05:50 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
they are as alive as they ever were on earth... what they don't have, of course, is a skeleton and organs... but they got everything else!
Just an observation, not an argument: when Jesus visited with the disciples after His resurrection, He sat and dined with them. This suggests a complete body, including internal organs.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:54 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Ever heard of a Guardian Angel? Well, we've all got one and it may be that it was a relative, like our grandmother, mother, father, etc.
Now I have to argue, because Grandma will presumably have had a family history of being born, growing up, etc. which would eliminate an angel who was created by divine fiat, had no birth, and always will be immortal. (including the fallen ones...). I am not saying we haven't been visited by angels unaware, we may well have, but we wouldn't know their background.

Last edited by Bideshi; 08-25-2011 at 06:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity