Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 02:27 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,526,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Good point. And of course alot of scripture was birthed from the reading of Enoch.

What scriptures are birthed from Enoch?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 04:20 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I have read it and it's astronomical parts are really quite fanciful.

I might consider it as of SOME authority if someone could answer this question: Enoch was apparently taken up bodily and, so far as I know, has not yet returned. So....how did his "book" get here? FedEx?
After his tours of heaven and earth he was told to remain on earth for one year, to write, and then he would be taken up to the City of God in Mount Eden.
He said so.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
What scriptures are birthed from Enoch?
The Son of Man in heaven who was to come and is come, is the Gospel that Enoch first wrote of, in mystery hidden, who was to be revealed.

There are hundreds of passages from Enoch used by Jesus Christ and the authors of the NT which are not found in the OT, but in Enoch only, and much of Revelation is telling more fully and explaining things that Enoch first wrote of.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:29 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
The Son of Man in heaven who was to come and is come, is the Gospel that Enoch first wrote of, in mystery hidden, who was to be revealed.

There are hundreds of passages from Enoch used by Jesus Christ and the authors of the NT which are not found in the OT, but in Enoch only, and much of Revelation is telling more fully and explaining things that Enoch first wrote of.
Have you got a list of those?

Old 08-29-2011, 10:34 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,111 times
Thanks Yeshuasavedme.

I think the most encouraging thing is just to know that we will be protected in these last days. This is really it. God has proven that He will protect me/us and I don't think He's going to change His mind. Satan's greatest weapon is what? FEAR. Remember that. Everything he does and tries to tell us is for the sole purpose of putting fear into our hearts. Why? Do you remember what upset Yahushua the most about His disciples? It was the lack of faith. It was worry and doubt. Remember how He felt at the tomb of Lazurus just before He called Lazurus from the grave? We need to think deeply about this, especially if we want to please Yahua. This calls for an earnest continual search for Yahua in prayer and meditation. I'm just going with the spirit right now. Somebody needed to hear this. No matter what, we must not have fear or doubt or worry. That is without a doubt what Satan's master plan is against Yahua's children. That's all He can do though. But why upset Yahua?

Old 08-29-2011, 10:36 PM

Let them search for theirself if they really want to know.

Remember to keep the Sabbath Day Holy.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Have you got a list of those?
Actually, you can search it out for yourself instead of me making the list for you. I have the marks in my copies of Enoch and the NT, and there are more than I have marked, but for me to copy them for you would do you no good, would it?
The Son of Man in heaven as the wisdom of God, who was God, and who was hidden in God, and who would be revealed, die, rise again, and in His name Salvation would be given to the elect and righteous [those who choose to live the "elect life", as Enoch says] is found only in Enoch, not in the OT, except "hidden" in the Living Oracles -the Law.

Someone on this site sent me a link to someone's work to show these things in Enoch that are in the Word -both OT and NT [and I have others to add to hers as she has added to mine], but as I said, what good would it do you for me to laboriously copy my lists for you?
Anyway, here is her work, on the NT, if you are so inclined to look into it:

01 First Enoch and the New Testament Exposed - YouTube

Paul said in 1 Cor 2, that he determined to know nothing among them but Jesus Christ and Him crucified, but he also said that, however, "we speak/preach/tell wisdom among them that are perfect" -in other words, more about Jesus than the basics he spoke to them, and the more is, literally [but not translated literally because of ignorance of the translators about Enoch's Wisdom]: "Wisdom, God in mystery hidden, which God ordained before the world for our Glory".
That is straight out of Enoch, and Paul was a student of Enoch's writings.

1 Cor 2:
6Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
7But we speak wisdom God in mystery hidden which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Old 08-30-2011, 01:53 PM

Thanks Yeshuasaved me.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Actually, you can search it out for yourself instead of me making the list for you. I have the marks in my copies of Enoch and the NT, and there are more than I have marked, but for me to copy them for you would do you no good, would it?
The Son of Man in heaven as the wisdom of God, who was God, and who was hidden in God, and who would be revealed, die, rise again, and in His name Salvation would be given to the elect and righteous [those who choose to live the "elect life", as Enoch says] is found only in Enoch, not in the OT, except "hidden" in the Living Oracles -the Law.

Someone on this site sent me a link to someone's work to show these things in Enoch that are in the Word -both OT and NT [and I have others to add to hers as she has added to mine], but as I said, what good would it do you for me to laboriously copy my lists for you?
Anyway, here is her work, on the NT, if you are so inclined to look into it:

01 First Enoch and the New Testament Exposed - YouTube

Paul said in 1 Cor 2, that he determined to know nothing among them but Jesus Christ and Him crucified, but he also said that, however, "we speak/preach/tell wisdom among them that are perfect" -in other words, more about Jesus than the basics he spoke to them, and the more is, literally [but not translated literally because of ignorance of the translators about Enoch's Wisdom]: "Wisdom, God in mystery hidden, which God ordained before the world for our Glory".
That is straight out of Enoch, and Paul was a student of Enoch's writings.

1 Cor 2:
6Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
7But we speak wisdom God in mystery hidden which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
That video is awesome... thanks! That's what I was looking for.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:05 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
After his tours of heaven and earth he was told to remain on earth for one year, to write, and then he would be taken up to the City of God in Mount Eden.
He said so.
If Enoch was written 1 year before he was taken up to be with God how can this passage be in the book as a historical fact

Quote:
Chapter 10

1 Then said the Most High, the Holy and Great One spake, and sent Uriel to the son of Lamech,
2 and said to him: Go to Noah and tell him in my name "Hide thyself!" and reveal to him the end that is approaching: that the whole earth will be destroyed, and a deluge is about to come
3 upon the whole earth, and will destroy all that is on it. And now instruct him that he may escape 4 and his seed may be preserved for all the generations of the world.
To me it seems that the book was written later and was not written by Enoch at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity