Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 09:46 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I believe tempers come in various forms such as those you described. I also believe that when we give ourselves over to the flesh,,carnal thoughts and actions, just by this very nature, come out. It means we haven't 'really' put on the mind of Christ yet. We are being worked on, and worked through, but the 'new creation' isn't fully developed. Once the indwelling occurs, I believe the fleshly desires, with it's thoughts and actions will cease to exist. Some have been able to do this journey into the Spirit quite well. Others, like myself, have had struggles. When I let it all go, and let God, then things come quite easily. I have this profound patience, this quiet demeanor, and I feel the Spirit moving through my soul. Then I, like Peter, question this faith and rely on my 'old man' instincts, and then all hell breaks loose.

Only God can do this. We just need to give it all to Him,,,FIRST. How many have really, REALLY, done this. Out of our love for Him, and His Son, wholly submit to His reign? The King is coming,,,the King is HERE! Can we 'see' Him, and can we 'hear' Him? Only when He opens the ears and eyes do we truly behold His beauty in our lives.

PS. I started a new job driving truck, so I haven't been around lately as I am in training. I have the next few days off though, so it is time to catch up a little bit. Missed you all!!
Good to see you Hot . . . since you were here last C34 has passed and gone to be with the Lord.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 10:05 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Good to see you Hot . . . since you were here last C34 has passed and gone to be with the Lord.
I am saddened by the loss to the family, yet i rejoice in my spirit that a welcoming home has taken place. Thanks for letting me know.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:58 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
When this happens, it's a time to ask God to help us release and let go of all negative things and bring to us peace and comfort and His Love and the ability to handle the difficulties in our lives. Blessings.
You ask the champion of temper tantrums for help? The god that murdered 99.99999% of all life on the planet during one of his.

Makes about as much sense as asking a crack addict how to quit smoking.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:29 AM

2,066 posts, read 2,161,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
You ask the champion of temper tantrums for help? The god that murdered 99.99999% of all life on the planet during one of his.

That is so sad you have that false belief. I have no idea where you're even coming up with such nonsense. God has never murdered any of His children as we are all loved by Him immensely.

If someone passes into the next world as a result of the laws of nature, that isn't murder. Keeping in mind that we are spiritual beings and our spirit body (along with our soul inside of us), just moves from this world to the next. Just because our physical body ceases to exist, doesn't mean that we no longer exist for we are as alive as ever as spirits.

So take heart that when someone "dies" as a result of a hurricane, earthquake, tsunami, or any other natural occurrence... this is not murder or killing. And, further, when we know that at any time "death" comes to our loved ones, or any other of God's children, their spirit life begins anew and, therefore, our grief should be minimal.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:29 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I believe tempers come in various forms such as those you described. I also believe that when we give ourselves over to the flesh,,carnal thoughts and actions, just by this very nature, come out. It means we haven't 'really' put on the mind of Christ yet. We are being worked on, and worked through, but the 'new creation' isn't fully developed. Once the indwelling occurs, I believe the fleshly desires, with it's thoughts and actions will cease to exist. Some have been able to do this journey into the Spirit quite well. Others, like myself, have had struggles. When I let it all go, and let God, then things come quite easily. I have this profound patience, this quiet demeanor, and I feel the Spirit moving through my soul. Then I, like Peter, question this faith and rely on my 'old man' instincts, and then all hell breaks loose.

Only God can do this. We just need to give it all to Him,,,FIRST. How many have really, REALLY, done this. Out of our love for Him, and His Son, wholly submit to His reign? The King is coming,,,the King is HERE! Can we 'see' Him, and can we 'hear' Him? Only when He opens the ears and eyes do we truly behold His beauty in our lives.

PS. I started a new job driving truck, so I haven't been around lately as I am in training. I have the next few days off though, so it is time to catch up a little bit. Missed you all!!
Thank you all for your participation.

Hot you always have great insight.

Who are you working for? I just left Swift about 3 months ago.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:32 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Quote:

Actually they all killed themselves by ignoring Gods warnings.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:20 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
That is so sad you have that false belief. I have no idea where you're even coming up with such nonsense. God has never murdered any of His children as we are all loved by Him immensely.
Well I actually agree, for god cannot do anything. Your god couldn't kill a gnat for the simple reason that while the gnat is real, there are no gods.

But I based my point on the fables from your ancient superstition. The flood and the big boat come to mind, 99.99999% (approximately) of ALL life on the planet, in one such shall we say tall tale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Actually they all killed themselves by ignoring Gods warnings.
So you are saying that babies still suckling at their mothers breast committed suicide............ tragic at such an early age........... clearly they deserved it.

ah yes, gods warning, do as I say.... yadda yadda.... <echo on> or else </echo off> ....... Just the atypical fear mongering that is religion. Do this, say that, gimmy 10% of your money, don't do that <echo on> or else </echo off> fear mongering.

That would be like finding yourself being robbed at gun point, and when you refuse to give them your money, they shoot and kill you......... but it's not their fault for YOU didn't follow instructions........ making it your fault.......

Old 09-02-2011, 11:47 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Thank you all for your participation.

Hot you always have great insight.

Who are you working for? I just left Swift about 3 months ago.
I am training with FFE out of Landcaster Tx. Have 3 weeks to go, and then assigned a truck,,finally. But I got blessed with a great trainer who also is a truthseeker like myself, so the conversations are quite interesting.

He believes in the fallen angels out of Enoch. I have heard alot about these from Mike and others, so I am going to check it out and see if the Spirit leads me somewhere with it. You have anything on this?

Old 09-02-2011, 12:58 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Does this mean you are a follower of Christ now?!!! No way!!! I'm so happy for you Christy!!
Allen...I've always been a FOLLOWER of the Christ even when you condemn me as a "New Ager"...but I do actually FOLLOW the path he taught us and laid out for us to FOLLOW...perhaps you should give it a try.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:36 PM

2,066 posts, read 2,161,612 times
Quote:
Well I actually agree, for god cannot do anything. Your god couldn't kill a gnat for the simple reason that while the gnat is real, there are no gods.

But I based my point on the fables from your ancient superstition. The flood and the big boat come to mind, 99.99999% (approximately) of ALL life on the planet, in one such shall we say tall tale?

So you are saying that babies still suckling at their mothers breast committed suicide............ tragic at such an early age........... clearly they deserved it.

ah yes, gods warning, do as I say.... yadda yadda.... <echo on> or else </echo off> ....... Just the atypical fear mongering that is religion. Do this, say that, gimmy 10% of your money, don't do that <echo on> or else </echo off> fear mongering.

That would be like finding yourself being robbed at gun point, and when you refuse to give them your money, they shoot and kill you......... but it's not their fault for YOU didn't follow instructions........ making it your fault.......
Well, I do agree there are no "gods"... 'cause I know there is only ONE.

I don't believe in superstitions. So get ready for this one... the flood and the big boat wasn't such a big deal after all... another embellished whopper by who knows who that wrote that story in the bible.

I'm not saying babies or anyone else deserve it... but that it happens, such is life. We're not destined to live here forever. Earth is not our permanent home.

And, by the way, I don't pay one penny to any church... my church is God and He is free of charge.

Huh, maybe you need a chill pill. Blessings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity