U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 09:07 AM

6,040 posts, read 5,491,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerschris View Post
Oviousley they have been found and are really old... maybe older than the bible they say? do you think the lord put them here as test subjects? my friend always argues that its a part of evolution and I told him no... but then I have no credit to back that up accept saying its the lords doing.
There is no "lord", and even if there were, why would an omnipotent, omniscient being need test subjects? Can't he get it right the first time? Oh, yeah...obviously not, since if your "lord" existed, and he's the one that created everything, he really effed things up big time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 10:22 AM

591 posts, read 327,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Ahhhhh yes, the "I have heard" mantra........ no facts to back it up..... who did you 'hear' it from, another anti-science practitioner of willful stupidity.

And as you attempt to 'write off' reason and fact, you need to realize that it makes you look a bit like you are just making this up.... for neither arthritis or old age effect the shape of the skull, one of the main identifying points.
You would have been burned at the stake not too long ago for stating this. They even excommunicated Galileo.

Facts schmacks, anyone can state facts.

Old 09-02-2011, 03:08 PM

4,191 posts, read 3,002,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Ahhhhh yes, the "I have heard" mantra........ no facts to back it up..... who did you 'hear' it from, another anti-science practitioner of willful stupidity.

And as you attempt to 'write off' reason and fact, you need to realize that it makes you look a bit like you are just making this up.... for neither arthritis or old age effect the shape of the skull, one of the main identifying points.
Sounds like you need to do some research, Lets see, Grant Jeffrey, Jack Van Impe, Ken Hamm, just to name a few. The older you get the larger you skull gets. Please look at the real science and not the only what they want you to believe.

Old 09-02-2011, 03:33 PM

5,298 posts, read 1,821,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerschris View Post
Oviousley they have been found and are really old... maybe older than the bible they say? do you think the lord put them here as test subjects? my friend always argues that its a part of evolution and I told him no... but then I have no credit to back that up accept saying its the lords doing.

I think the " Test theory" for Neanderthals existance could well be true, if not then close to being true; I think God obviously was observing them, and I think they were the " First stage of humanitys creation". That first stage didnot include God giving them a " Self Conscious working mind", I see no evidence of that in them. Consciousness meaning " The Spirit in Man", I don't think they had that, only a high level of instinct. But its obvious they existed, they were created by God for a reason. And observation is not out of that question, in my view.

Some may say, why would God have to do that; well I think God was obviously interested in " Conscious humans having a certain level of independance", which is why he asked Adam to name the animals, he could have done that himself, as he could have equiped primordal man with all the abilities that we have; he didnot. I think Neanderthals were the first stage of our creation, or humans made in the " Image of God", meaning consciousness.

I think it shows Gods legendary patience, that Neanderthals existed so long, millions of years. Evidence of Gods exact planning apptitude. For a believer to deny the existence of Neanderthals, is simply unwise and unaware.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:30 PM

5,213 posts, read 3,032,959 times
There is no Neanderthal DNA in humans. This has been proven over and over.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:03 PM

21,940 posts, read 9,754,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Neanderthals, Humans Interbred, DNA Proves : Discovery News

Old 09-02-2011, 08:44 PM

16,311 posts, read 13,166,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
You would have been burned at the stake not too long ago for stating this. They even excommunicated Galileo.

Facts schmacks, anyone can state facts.
Yea, but history has proven how utterly stupid they were, yet many today cleave to this ancient stupidity and are actually proud of it.

Perhaps in another 400 years it will all have gone the way of the dodo. If religion does not destroy mankind first, it is the only outcome possible.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Sounds like you need to do some research, Lets see, Grant Jeffrey, Jack Van Impe, Ken Hamm, just to name a few. The older you get the larger you skull gets. Please look at the real science and not the only what they want you to believe.
You list a bunch of preachers as science references then tell me to look at real science. Really, you do live in a delusional world don't you. The ignorance displayed in your post is matched only with the absurdity of your position.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Fingers screwed into ears, eyes squeezed tightly shut, wailing 'does not .... does not.... does not'

When kaboom, proof rides in.....................

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post

Ya beat me to it Mystic..............

But a serious question sciotamicks, what causes you to post such complete nonsense, do you ever fact check,, or is this just knee jerk reaction in some silly attempt to be right, regardless of the facts. Do you think people won't check and challenge such absurd bloviation?

Old 09-02-2011, 10:19 PM

24,037 posts, read 16,689,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
How many actual neanderthal skeletons do we have? I have heard and read that there are very few and far between and that many have been written off as arthritis or old age and even some as various animal bones like an apes skull cap and a pigs tooth.
Feeling your faith threatened? Many neanderthal fossils have been found including many complete skeletons...

Phylogenetic analysis of Neanderthal mitochondrial DNA leads to a date for the common ancestor of the neanderthal and modern humans at around 465,000 to 600,000 years ago (four times the estimate for the common ancestor of all modern humans) (Disotell, 1999). The common ancestor of the mtDNAs of all living humans lived about 170,000 years ago (Hofreiter et al, 2001). All hominid remains of the last 100,000 years belong to one of these two species (Roe in Waechter, 1990). Ancient remains from a Spanish cave site (La Sima de los Huesos), are a transitional form between Homo erectus and Neanderthals.

Neanderthals were almost exclusively carnivorous and apex predators; however, new studies do indicate that they had cooked vegetables in their diet. They made advanced tools, had a language (the nature of which is debated) and lived in complex social groups.

The Neanderthals are thought by some to be the originators of religious belief as well. Perhaps your God is a neanderthal.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity