U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 11:40 AM

463 posts, read 396,783 times

Advertisements

In the book of John Jesus says to do and say what he did.Why is there no evidence in the new testament, that the Disciples quoted Jesus.He said in the book of John; "I gave them the words you gave me".(while speaking to the Father)And;" As you sent me into the world, so I sent them into the world".This shows they were suppose to say the same things He said.He said that they are the light of the word and he is the light of the world. That would make His followers who are all disciples on the same level as Him.There is hardly anything in the new testament to show that the original disciples and Paul quoted Jesus. This is the main reason Christianity is divided. Jesus came to make sons / children of God by His example and the word of the Lord. He said He came to do the will of God and that His brothers/ relatives do the will of God.Jesus said He came to spread the word of God.So it's imperative to speak the word of God including Jesus words.His followers are suppose to become son of man as He was.It is not wrong to speak and say what Jesus spoke. He commanded it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 06:11 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,647,286 times
The Gospel of Mark (the works of Peter) gives us many of the Masters teaching, and Peter taught the exact teachings of the Messiah. The quotes you can find in Mark, but the Books / Letters from Peter are of course the results of listening to the Messiah.

The Gospel of John is focused on proving the Messiah but of course it's full of the Words in red.

The Book of James, probably written by Yahushua's brother, is a mirror of the teachings of Yahushua. James is AWESOME.

1st, 2nd, and 3rd John are the result the love of Messiah and His teachings. Then there is Revelation, which accually has Yahushua Himself speaking to us/the churches. John definitely obeyed the command and He's not finished yet.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:16 PM

141 posts, read 103,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princely View Post
In the book of John Jesus says to do and say what he did.Why is there no evidence in the new testament, that the Disciples quoted Jesus.He said in the book of John; "I gave them the words you gave me".(while speaking to the Father)And;" As you sent me into the world, so I sent them into the world".This shows they were suppose to say the same things He said.He said that they are the light of the word and he is the light of the world. That would make His followers who are all disciples on the same level as Him.There is hardly anything in the new testament to show that the original disciples and Paul quoted Jesus. This is the main reason Christianity is divided. Jesus came to make sons / children of God by His example and the word of the Lord. He said He came to do the will of God and that His brothers/ relatives do the will of God.Jesus said He came to spread the word of God.So it's imperative to speak the word of God including Jesus words.His followers are suppose to become son of man as He was.It is not wrong to speak and say what Jesus spoke. He commanded it.
The Word was taught by the letter and orally. And regarding His apostles, Jesus said He who hears you hears Me.

Blessings,

augusta

Old 09-03-2011, 08:25 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,301 posts, read 12,288,319 times
The problems are not so much with the early disciples as with the modern ones, who seem to be eager to do anything and everything that Jesus wouldn't have approved of. Who are the biggest supporters of unnecessary and unjust wars overseas, and the corporations that cause them? Why, it's modern Christians!

Every non-Christian humanist I've ever met has (unknowingly) followed the teachings of Jesus better than most Christians do, with very few exceptions.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusta33 View Post
The Word was taught by the letter and orally. And regarding His apostles, Jesus said He who hears you hears Me.

Blessings,

augusta
Princely Wrote:

Jesus and the son of man are quoted in the book Matthew:"Whoever receives you receives me and whoever receives me receives the One who sent me".The reason that they would receive Jesus is because He is the truth and His disciples are suppose to speak His words and all the words from the mouth of God. Reference,JN, when Jesus was speaking to the Father :"The words you gave to me I have given to them, and they accepted them and truly understood that I came from you, and they have believed that you sent me.

This is a sample of what Jesus commanded His followers to do and say;

By your words you'll be forgiven or by your words you'll be condemned.

Those who want to come to me will hear my words and put them into practice.

Whatever your heart is full of that's what your mouth will speak.

I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Lord except through me.

I am the light of the world. No one who follows me will ever walk in darkness, cause he will possess the light of life. Whoever walks in the dark does not know where he is going.
Once you have the light, keep faith in the light, and you will become a child of light.

Walk in the light once you have it or darkness will come over you.
Whoever believes in me believes not only in me but also in the one who sent me,
and whoever sees me sees the one who sent me.
I came into the world as its light, so that everyone who believes in me might not remain in the dark.
If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not condemn him, for I did not come to condemn the world but to save it.
Whoever rejects me and does not accept my words he already has his judge namely the words I‘ve spoken that’s what will condemn him on the last day,
because I did not speak on my own, but the Lord who sent me commanded me what to say and speak.
[i]And since I know that his commandment means eternal life. What I say is spoken just as he instructed me.

Speak the truth to one another and let honesty and peace be in the judgments at your gate.

Let your heart hold fast to my words keep my commands so you will live.

Man does not live by bread alone but by every word from the mouth of God.

Last edited by june 7th; 09-06-2011 at 09:25 AM.. Reason: Please refrain from using 'red' as it is reserved for 'mod cuts.' Any other color is okay. Thanks.

Old 09-04-2011, 03:35 AM

4,325 posts, read 5,287,282 times
Quote:
Because they did not understand what Jesus told them and they were still stuck in their old Jewish ways. Jesus came to show them a better way of Love and upliftment but since they were conditioned to believe in the Jewish gospels, they took from those teachings and put Jesus' teachings on the back burner, so to speak. There's quite a bit that Jesus taught that was never put into the bible. What was put in there has been so distorted that the truth has been buried. Never fear though for He has come again to re-establish His Truths of what was taught.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:04 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,800,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
The problems are not so much with the early disciples as with the modern ones, who seem to be eager to do anything and everything that Jesus wouldn't have approved of. Who are the biggest supporters of unnecessary and unjust wars overseas, and the corporations that cause them? Why, it's modern Christians!

Every non-Christian humanist I've ever met has (unknowingly) followed the teachings of Jesus better than most Christians do, with very few exceptions.
It certainly seems so. Which is a crying shame.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post

Non Christians, if they don't know the son of mans words and the words of the Lord would not be able to follow his teachings. Remember."No one knows the son except the Father and no one knows the Father except the son and anyone to whom he wishes to reveal him".

If you live in me and my words remain part of you, you may ask what you will and it shall be done for you.

No disciple is above his teacher, no slave above his master.
It is enough for the disciple that he become like his teacher, for the slave that he become like his master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebul, how much more those of his household!
"Therefore do not be afraid of them. Nothing is concealed that will not be revealed, nor secret that will not be known.
What I say to you in the darkness, speak in the light; what you hear whispered, proclaim on the housetops.

If only you recognized Gods gift, and who it is that’s speaking to you, you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water. Anyone who drinks the water I give him will never become thirsty the water I give him shall be like a well inside him rising up to provide eternal life.

The days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah.
It will not be like the covenant I made with their fathers the day I took them by the hand to lead them forth from the land of Egypt; for they broke my covenant and I had to show myself their master, says the Lord.
But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord. I will place my law within them, and write it upon their hearts; I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
No longer will they have need to teach their friends and kinsmen how to know the Lord. All, from least to greatest, shall know me, says the Lord, for I will forgive their evildoing and remember their sin no more.

They shall be my people, and I will be their God.
One heart and one way I will give them, that they may fear me always, for their own good and that of their children after them.
I will make with them an eternal covenant, never to cease doing good to them; into their hearts I will put the fear of me, that they may never depart from me.
I will take delight in doing good to them: I will replant them firmly in this land, with all my heart and soul.

This is the covenant with them which I myself have made, says the Lord: My spirit which is upon you and my words that I have put into your mouth Shall never leave your mouth, nor the mouths of your children Nor the mouths of your children's children from now on and forever.
Those are the words of the Lord who sent me.

Last edited by june 7th; 09-06-2011 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: Please refrain from using 'red' as it is reserved for 'mod cuts.' Any other color is fine. Thanks!

Old 09-04-2011, 02:42 PM

10,024 posts, read 10,647,525 times
Quote:
Well, all I can say about your post is that you really must have done very little bible reading! If you have read the bible a lot then you surely lack understanding, that's for sure.

All of the Disciples were filled with the Holy Spirit and without exception anyone who is spirit filled desires above all to be more and more like Christ. Even though that is our desire we fall very short of that perfection. As Paul said, The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Jesus tells us to "Preach the gospel" to the unsaved. Anything else above that is just a waste of breath because as it says over and over in Gods word, "The things of God are nonsence to the natural Man". If you will take the time to look into it you will find that the teaching of Jesus that goes beyond the bare Gospel message is directed to believers and not to unsaved Humanity.

Take a look at The sermon on the mount. It's directed to the "Blessed". The entire teaching is a discription of the character of a Christian. It's not saying that a person should be this way but rather it's saying a Christian IS this way..

Old 09-04-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Well, all I can say about your post is that you really must have done very little bible reading! If you have read the bible a lot then you surely lack understanding, that's for sure.

All of the Disciples were filled with the Holy Spirit and without exception anyone who is spirit filled desires above all to be more and more like Christ. Even though that is our desire we fall very short of that perfection. As Paul said, The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Jesus tells us to "Preach the gospel" to the unsaved. Anything else above that is just a waste of breath because as it says over and over in Gods word, "The things of God are nonsence to the natural Man". If you will take the time to look into it you will find that the teaching of Jesus that goes beyond the bare Gospel message is directed to believers and not to unsaved Humanity.

Take a look at The sermon on the mount. It's directed to the "Blessed". The entire teaching is a discription of the character of a Christian. It's not saying that a person should be this way but rather it's saying a Christian IS this way..
Princely Wrote:

"Whoever speaks on His own seeks his own glory."Have you heard that before. Almost sounds like its describing you."Whoever seeks the glory of the ONE who sent him is truthful and there's no dishonesty in his heart".

Paul did not say the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak, Jesus did.The son of man is coming at a time you least expect.

The ONE who comes from above is above all. The one who belongs to the world thinks like the world and speaks in a worldly way. But the ONE who comes from heaven .
He testifies to what he has seen and heard, but no one accepts his testimony.
Whoever does accept his testimony certifies that God is truthful.
For the One whom God sent speaks the words of God. His gift of the spirit is not rationed.
The Father loves the Son and has given everything over to him.
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever disobeys the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains upon him.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of evil against you because of me.
Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in heaven. They persecuted the prophets before you the same way.

Blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the Lord.

Those who pursues justice and kindness will find honor and life.

Those who fear the Lord walk uprightly.

I do nothing on my own; I judge as I hear, and my judgment is just, because Iím not seeking my own will but the will of the one who sent me.
The Lord who sent me has testified on my behalf. But you have never heard his voice nor seen his form,
and you do not have his word remaining in you, because you do not believe in the one whom he has sent. Search the scriptures if you think you have eternal life through them; even they testify on my behalf.
But you do not want to come to me to have life.
I do not accept human praise;
although I know that you do not have the love of God in you.
I came in the name of my Father, but you do not accept me; yet if another comes in his own name, you will accept him.

I know the Lord and I keep His words.Whoever belongs to God hears the words of God. I come from Him. He's the ONE who sent me.

I came down from heaven to do the will of the Lord who sent me. Anyone who chooses to do His will shall know about this teaching , namely whether it comes from God or I'm speaking on my own.

Before Abraham came to be I AM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or